Warhammer: 40,000 Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoMatthew, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Hi Everyone,

It's Friday and that can only mean one thing. It's time to reveal another Hero of the Deathwatch.

This week features the Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veteran.

Seasoned in battle against the Tyranid menace, the Tyranid War Veterans share their in depth knowledge of the Xenos with their Deathwatch Battle brothers ensuring all encounters can be favourable.

Seconded to the ranks of the Deathwatch, The Tyrannic War Veterans provide invaluable experience in how best to counter the Hive FleetsÂ’ advance. Providing advanced tactics and methodologies, no others are more versed in battle against the Tyranids.

Honour your chapter

[​IMG]

2. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    I really hope so!

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So do I ;)

Awesome new character, loving all this.

To celebrate I'll do a Death Angel (the card game) game pretending I'm boarding a Space Hulk in the Astolat Sector.

4. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    This game looks like another winner and the game besides iPad Legend of Grimrock (playing atm) and Mac Pillars of Eternity that I am looking forward to the most this year.

5. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    While it makes total sense to have a Tyranic Veteran on the roster ... I have to say it. Another Ultramarine? Boring! Let's see some interesting chapters! :)

6. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    @Pitta
    Offtopic question: is death angel a solitaire card game?

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes (also coop up to 6 players if I recall well).
    Plays very well as a solitaire game (it's basically Alien the game in a WH40K setting).
    I love it and I wish someone would make a digital version for iOS with async multiplayer.
    It's fast, intense, strategical and perfectly suited to the setting (as incredible it may seem that a card game can capture the claustrophobic and tense exploration of an alien infested abandoned huge starship).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/death-angel/

8. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    @Pitta
    Sounds pretty awesome. Thank you for the explanation! Great! I will try that. Now back to topic. :)

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    This looks cool!! Can't wait

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I always wonder why people usually do the most obvious choices from the warhammer universe would be cool to have other options.

Since the tyranids are in it anyway will they be playable at any point? I doubt it but other than that Id like some cooler more obscure choices as others have mentioned.

11. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Having the most accessible and recognisable characters means it will reach the most players.

You say 'obvious', where as others think 'recognisable'. The idea is to make the game more accessible for people just entering the universe. You can cater to the more lore savvy in other ways, without alienating the franchise new comer. Its easy to find information on the majority of the IP because its so well established. Some of the other more obscure chapters however, are a lot tougher.

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Of course I completely understand that, all I mean is even just 1 or something. Even if it isn't well known to everybody I'm sure there's something that looks cool that will make people want to see what it is.

But either way I can't wait for this game, I love the Hunter games and Warhammer Quest and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Which will this be more like?

13. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Don't worry, we've got some fantasticly obscure chapters that feature in one way or another.

Its more Hunters than Warhammer Quest, but it stands alone as Deathtwatch.

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Will this have randomly generated content or more of a strict campaign mode ? I'm not really well versed in the Wh universe but they look badass!

15. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    I bet there will be. 200+ unique gears. Man, just how many random campaigns we will have to fight to see half of them?

Btw Friday again, omg!

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Where's my new screen saver ?????

17. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    Right here!

It's time again to reveal another Character Post Card for Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion!

This week features the grizzled Long Fang Ancient.

This Son of Russ is sturdy in composure and filled with the wisdom of innumerable battles.

Entrusted with the heaviest weaponry found within the armouries of the Fang, he is tasked with supporting his battle brethren with heavy fire.

Honour your chapter.

[​IMG]

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Soooo good.

SUMMER IS COMING.
    Honour your chapter.

19. RodeoMatthew

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    It's a little more strict than say, Warhammer Quest but still offers unique experiences with each play.

20. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Heavy weapons finally!