Universal Warhammer 40,000: Carnage - (by Roadhouse Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 7, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    jenoheart, it was always this way, requires connection

2. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Huh, well it's news to me since I'm pretty sure the description didn't say anything about an online requirement when the game first launched. I didn't read anything mentioning it either.

3. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    #203 bilboa, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    It didn't require a constant connection originally. I know because I used to play it on my wifi only iPad without a connection. I stopped playing for a while through a couple of updates, and when I tried it again found I could no longer play without a connection. So I don't know exactly which update changed it, but it definitely used to not need a connection.

4. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Does anyone else have problems with their MFi controller with this game? My Moga Rebel buttons don't work.

5. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I tried using a controller with it and it did respond, but the button mapping seemed completely random. This was with a Mad Catz CTRLi. I don't remember exactly, but I think the only thing that worked like it should was using the analog stick to move. I think I discovered that the pause button made it jump, and maybe some other button did a special move, but I couldn't find any button mapped to the normal attack. The game description doesn't mention anything about controller support, so I'm guessing they just used some middleware layer like Unity which automatically gives you some kind of controller support, but they never actually intentionally added support for it, so there are just some random control assignments.

6. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    At last I tried it, abd - OMG, who has created such a moronic interface for arcade shooter? Block on top of the the arrows, bright idea.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Not anymore

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    At launch this game did not require an Internet connection, then after a few updates it did require an Internet connection.

And unfortunately it still does require an Internet connection to play. I got all excited by your comment and the one review on iTunes and redownloaded it to see and was disappointed to see it is still the same Internet connection required.:(

Attached Files:

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Sorry bout that Yo! I thought i had my Airplane Mode on now i checked & yup, it still iz required. I'm still having fun wit it. 4rm the Heavy Metal, voice & sound efx it really helps you 'rampage' wit ease. One of my dream games to come to iOS iz Space Marines