iPhone Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (by Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I little sparrow has told me this won't run on 6+ using ipa trick. Crashes.
    Damn. Had 25 big ones clenched in my fist ready to throw long and hard.

2. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #62 gmattergames, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Enjoying the game, but the manual doesn't provide reference to the unit/weapon stat icons. Does the lightning bolt represent energy, power, speed? Is heart moral, health, etc? It's tough to make unit purchasing decisions without understanding what it all means. Went to the forum, other folks saying the same. Anyone know of a guide/reference that covers units in detail?

Edit: ok I'm an idiot, on most screens holding the icon for a sec pops a tooltip.

3. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    #63 hincy89, Jun 20, 2015
    Any iOS update/ device change could make the purchase obsolete, and iPhone/tablets are updated and have hardware refresh far to often.

Also once a new iOS is out apps start setting minimum iOS requirements which basically means update and get new games while losing some old expensive ones, or don't update and never play the new stuff ether way foul move by Apple.

That said PS3 games don't work on pa4 but also there like a decade between console releases

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    With this publisher I had no problems at all! And 98% of my games (I purchased in the last years around 600 games) are still working!

That said, I have much more problems with several games and other software as I switched from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 8.1 Pro!

Best Regards,
    The Mythbuster

5. hincy89

May 15, 2011
    Cheers, for that I try and be a little less reluctant from now on. think I'm just a bit annoyed because most of my square enix games stopped working mainly TWEWY, I was half way throught that game updated to iOS 8 and haven't been able to play it since which has more than put me off premium for iOS

6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Hi,
    I have all games from Slitherine on my iPad and they are working all like a charm! From what I can tell: If there is a problem with a new OS or a new device, they will update their game within a few weeks! I am sure, everyone here can confirm that!

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I have had several Silitherines games installed on my device since launch(Qvadriga, Battle Academy 2, Legion, and now Warhammer 40K)and yes, Slitherine always addresses any problems with their games, Slitherine is one of the best premium game developers. If you want to say you support premium games, these are the devs to support, they are 100% premium.

So far I have spent several hours with Warhammer 40K Armageddon and it has become one of my all-time favorite TBS games. It's very polished and the quality is in line with what I would expect from a $60 console game and we're getting the game for half the price of the Steam version. Great Job Slitherine!

8. hincy89

May 15, 2011
    #69 hincy89, Jun 20, 2015
    Cheers for clearing that up, going to buy this on payday now!

Ps you just busted my myth haha!

9. coolwhip

coolwhip New Member

May 22, 2013
    #70 coolwhip, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    I own the PC version of this game and I beta tested the iOS game and bought it as soon as it showed up on the App Store. Purchased the game and the expansion bundle without questioning the price. It's that good. This game is absolute premium triple A title joy. It you like Panzer Corps it's a no brainer. I know nothing about Warhammer universe but this game gives you plenty of theme and background to get you into the story. This game is just a total kick-ass strategy game. It's one of those "just one more turn and I'll quit" games where the next thing you know it's 3:00 in the morning. It runs smooth as butter and I found the interface to be intuitive (but I'm already very familiar with Panzer Corps). The expansions offer very different scenarios with unique challenges and new units The game also has a bunch of difficulty levels so you can really find your sweet spot. You have to learn the units and know how to use them effectively. Units aren't just cannon fodder in this game because the gain experience and advance in rank and move from battle to battle with you. You really have to think about the stats of each unit in order to use them as a team. You want to use combined arms tactics and carefully select your targets. Some of these battles are huge but take your time and think it through because proper planning and strategy always wins the day. This game is so polished and offers so much content that $20 is a steal to have a game of this calibre on a mobile device. Now you may not agree if you don't enjoy the genre but if you love hex and counter wargames that offer diverse challenges you owe it to yourself to try this game. Slitherine has hit this one out of the park.

10. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Since you own both versions, do you know anyway to transfer save from PC to Ipad? thank you!

11. coolwhip

coolwhip New Member

May 22, 2013
    That would be a fantastic feature. I'd sure use it. If there is a way to do it I haven't found it. When I go to the Load Game option on the iPad I only see my local games. They do have it wired up so multiplayer games are cross platform.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=264485][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264318][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264515][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264391][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264151][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264331][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264460][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264335][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264345][​IMG][/thread]

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 18th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

13. hincy89

May 15, 2011
    I might be doing this wrong but do I have to be carful about which units survive? Because objective is to occupy 3 gold hex's but can't move most units into the gold hex (think there trenches)???

14. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    Can someone tell me if this runs ok on a first gem iPad mini? Their spec on the App Store just says suitable for iPad and gives no other indication. Don't want to drop £15 if it won't work!!! Game looks great, I have no issues paying premium for a high quality lengthy game like this!!

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This reminds me of an old old pic game possibly from the 90s even the graphics look very similar, is it a copy of that? Tempted by this and Legion of Steel sounds good but can't find the thread here?

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Legion has a thread, but it's small. Armageddon graphics are a bit less crisp than legion, but it has far more expansive play. Legion is good, but only 2 campaigns and one is the tutorial. Maps are smaller and a lot of emphasis on tactical use and turn order. Armageddon is more like Panzer Corps .... Loads of unit types, diff terrain maps. Loads of vids on YouTube, I think they are quite different games.

17. jamesp111

jamesp111 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Operation audacity: can't find thraka's battlefortress

Hi,

I can control the four target hexes and kil some shullhama battlefortress, but have not come across the gazghul thraka battlefortress i'm meant to destroy after several playthroughs.

Is it in a particular place on the map?

18. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Not sure how I missed this game but have just bought it after reading a good review of the new ork expansion.

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Yeah I just found the new Ork expansion myself. I thought I'd bought all the campaigns and didn't even realise they had slipped another one in. Definitely not complaining though, fantastic game.