iPhone Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (by Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 19, 2015.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
  2. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Total Biscuit reviewed the 1.0 version and there have been a host of changes and improvements (we're at 1.08 now) since then and these are all in iOS from day 1.

3. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    As far as I'm concerned its a meaningless question. Its like saying is a house worth $100,000. Without knowing the details of the house you have absolutely no idea. :)

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Anyone tried the Iphone hack to get this running on ip6? If so... Is it playable?

Thanks

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #45 Duke12, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Nvm,im stupid

6. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    What are the IAPs looking like so far?

I'm not deterred at all or price complaining by any means. I'll be picking up everything that's available as soon as I grab a new iTunes card - I'm just curious as to what the initial investment will be. Thanks!

7. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I've read the Eurogamer review - can you confirm if any of these concerns have been addressed:

1. "The game awards success with Glory points, which in previous games was the currency for requisition but in Armageddon seems to have no worth, even as a score." What is this for?

2. "There's no explanation of what benefit experience bestows upon a unit - you just have to assume that their continued survival makes your units more effective in some utterly non-specific way."

3. "Aside from a rethink of some of the unit stats, the game needs a significant overhaul in terms of presentation, from - as previously mentioned - the way unit information is organised, to basic UI elements such as more prominent indicators to highlight unit morale and show which units have yet to move and fire."

8. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #48 gmattergames, Jun 19, 2015
    In general, I've always felt Slitherines pricing was a bit out of scope for mobile, especially with their overrated BA series, which always felt like a klunky mid-90's PC war game. Panzerkorps, on the other hand, with its polish and depth ... easily worth $20.

So far WH Armageddon feels the same, with its top notch art, sound, voice acting, tactical depth and Panzer General appeal, it leaves me little doubt, this was money well spent.

9. Lord Zimoa

Lord Zimoa Member

May 6, 2012
    Yes guys, please if you want to know what all changed since 1.0 see the link below, I wished Total Biscuit would do a new review on 1.8...

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=65560

On a side note, we just got in a first Armageddon iPad review, a 9/10, is in French, but you can use Google translate or other:

http://www.kickmygeek.com/test-jeu/ipad/warhammer-40000-armageddon

10. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    The IAP are the expansions we released on PC and not needed at all to play the base campaign. The base game plays as the the entire Imperial side with Steel Legion, then later the 3 space marine chapters under their control.

The IAP look at each SM chapter in detail and your core force only contains the chapter being focused on which gives them a different feel. They are independent to the base campaign so only needed if you enjoy the game system and want more content. All features added as part of the expansions are added to the base game as free patches. The IAP only contain new content.

11. Citronaut

Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks so much for the explanation. That all sounds really good. I'm sure I'll want to grab all of the content packs eventually. What does each content pack go for?

12. Lord Zimoa

Lord Zimoa Member

May 6, 2012
    4.99 USD each, but we also offer a bundle to buy all 3 at once for 9.99 USD.

13. Citronaut

Apr 12, 2014
    Perfect! I'm all in. Will be picking this up next week along with the content bundle. Thanks for the quick replies!

14. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #54 CoreyB, Jun 19, 2015
    This "reviewer" should be embarrassed.If you like the game or not i don't have a problem but to complain about stuff that isn't explained which is explained is pathetic.
    1. Found in the manual - used to rate performance in battle, nothing else.
    2. Found in the manual - basically makes your units better.
    3. This one is personal preference but for me when you select a unit the right side of screen has a ton of statistical info. If you want even more click on the unit picture and you can find even more. Unit movement is displayed over their strength number. If you unit can move, there will be a small green arrow above that. If the unit can fire there will be a red crosshair. Morale is shown in the color the strength number. White being high morale, yellow less, and red very low morale.

15. Lacour

Lacour New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Solluce for Level 78 Chicken end egg

Bonjour,
    Je suis bloquée au niveau 78 du jeu Chicken end egg, quelqu'un pourrait il m'aider ???
    Solluce for Level 78 Chicken end egg . Help me, thank you

16. craydog

craydog New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    The solution to the pricing issue is for iOS to manage to allow refunds for apps like steam.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I agree. I'm more likely to take a chance on a more expensive purchase if I can return it in case things don't work out.

18. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks for clarifying.

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I am not going to be buying this game. Why? Because I'm not a fan of the genre, Price has NOTHING to do with it.

How quickly in the world of Free to Play and "Get" we forget all the money we once spent of NES, SNES, SEGA, and PS1 console games, yet we are now paying FAR LESS for FAR GREATER experiences.

I understand $25 is more money to some than to others but at the same token, if you can afford an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc to play these games and then complain about the cost of premium experiences, perhaps you need to re-evaluate the way you spend money.

20. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Remember "action 52" or however it was called price?XD
    Anyway,same thing here,especially since there are plenty of strategy lovers out there,it's just I prefer action/survival/rpg,nothing personal,I would have bought it if it was a survival space shooter in warhammer universe.