iPhone Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (by Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Someone who is willing to pay for a great game.

Me for instance.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That always makes for an argument here when "premium" titles are priced high.
    But I agree, $25 in the region where I am is wayy up there. On iOS i do 90% of my buying on a whim, and I'm fine with that. At $25, well it rules that out.
    That's not to say I want everything to be $1.99. That's just unreasonable and not good for iOS gaming development at all.

I guess one of the things is, devs can release high, try and squeeze the pennies out of as many as they can (I mean cmon its war hammer right! Warhammer sells itself!!). But if sales slow, they can always drop the price to wherever they want. Just means that sure they can start with prices that are a bit too high for comfort.

Don't get me wrong...I'm eyeing of this and FF3. both $25 where I am.

3. Dongmaster

Mar 30, 2014
    Maybe because people still think clash of clans is free?

And yet hundreds of dollars they drop, and they are still preplexed we pay $20 for a quality game...

4. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    The IOS games I payed most for (Panzer Corps, Battle Academy, Pike and Shot ...), I am still playing a lot after all these months. (Even after more than a year in the case of Panzer Corps)
    So, yes, I buy games for this price and probably will buy this game too.

5. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Beta tested it. It's worth the price. Buy it. I will if the App Store ever gives it up. Gimme my 40k today!!!!

6. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Guys we know this is a premium game for iOS but it sells for twice that price on PC and you get everything that the PC version has. You can't compare it with an average iOS game. It has so much content you'll likely be playing for months if not longer. Panzer Corps charted as one of the top 10 most played game on steam in terms of hours per user. The iOS version is the same but we don't get those stats from Apple. You get a huge amount of valuer for money.

We could look at breaking up the game in to penny packets and selling you a mission at a time but I hate that. I want to buy a game and have it for a single price. Battle Academy has been out for 2 years, Panzer Corps for a year and they are still $19.99. Yet they are permanently in the charts. This shows there are plenty of people out there who feel the same. I know this wont work for everyone but us its the best way to generate the best revenue stream to ensure ongoing development.

The games also get a lot of support. We're working on a patch for Panzer Corps to release in summer. How many non free to play games keep updating years after release. The model allows us to do this so we;re happy and the players are happy.

Yes its different to the rest of the app store but it works for us and we're not planning to change it!

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
  8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Ignore such trolls,I would definitely pay much more than 20$ for one of the 2008-2009 ports.

9. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I concur. Hey TROLLS, Warhammer Snot Fling is free go get you some of that!

10. Dongmaster

Mar 30, 2014
    Stop with that nonsense!

Finish Sovereignty: Crown of Kings on the PC and convert it to IOS... :D

11. Winko

Winko Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hi all.
    I have never played a slitherene game before or a warhammer 40k game. but enjoy most rpg (including warhammer games and turn based games.) especially the old warhammer shadow of the horned rat.

Don't mind dropping the cash but just wondering if this game can be recommended for myself and also is there a cheaper slitherene game to trial run 1st.
    Cheers
    Winko

12. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Question! If I had beta version on my iPad, do I still need to buy it?

13. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    #33 spajdr, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Should price of 19.99$ autoconvert to 19.99€ as i get it on my Appstore?

EDIT.: nevermind, seems changed for everything :-/

14. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    I didn't mean to start a war between those who think its worth the price and those who don't. If you think its too much no hard feelings. I really don't think its trolling to say a game is over priced. If you feel that way fine, I'm just explaining the logic to it. It's ok if you disagree and neither opinion is right or wrong, its just a judgement call we all make based on our life situation. For me time is more important than the price. I get so little time to play that I'm happy to pay any price to make sure what I get is good. I used to have less money and more time and things were different!

On the beta version - it will or has already expired so you would need to get the full version yes. You also wont be able to play multiplayer without the full version any more.

15. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    A simple gameplay vid, running on iPad, could make all the difference.

16. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I concur.

17. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Maybe when you are older and have more respect for developers, you'll understand.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its not that expensive. I think you've spoilt after years of free or 99c games. You have an expensive ipad, a $19.99 game isnt that bad. I dont think its really meant to appeal to 12 year olds, i think the older market will be more of a fan of this Warhammer strategy game and i'm sure to many people here $20 compared to console games isnt expensive at all. I mean you also moaned about one of Cartoon Networks games which was just $5 !

We moan when games are freemium, people then moan when games come out with a high premium price tag

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013