Universal WarFriends (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hellscaretaker, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I would but I'm not lvl. 8 yet #

2. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    It intersting when you start playing for the forst time over few stages but it gets boring after, game runns pretty good on older devices ( ipads ) but those In/App Purchases are annoying

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Been playing this non-stop since yesterday and overall I do dig it. My main complaint is the match-making balancing. I'm getting crushed. I've ranked up most of my soldiers to just before their next tier and got the LMG and done major upgrading to it, and now have the rocket launcher and a few upgrades on it. But I am just getting destroyed. It's like the enemy has a 2:1 damage and soldier spawn rate. I'll keep leveling up my dudes but I see a wall coming snd that $5 beginner bundle with the chaingun is getting tempting....but also a little worried this whole thing could be a pay to win

4. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    #24 Maelwolf, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    It's been a long time since I had this much fun with a new iOS title. The game is really a major blast to play, I only wish there were a few more modes, but perhaps that'll come eventually. I haven't really had an issue with matchmaking. I haven't bought anything yet and still regularly beat players with more upgrades and special equipment.

Some tips:

1. Don't bother with infantry early on, they basically just feed your opponent resources. Machine gunners, shotgunners, and snipers are the best focus for upgrading and summoning.

2. Don't try to throw everything at your opponent right away. I see this all the time and it's why I win so often versus higher level players. Take out their units, starting with their dangerous units like snipers and explosive types. You'll gradually be generating more resources and thus more units and will overwhelm them.

3. Rockets are great for making opponents move. Shooting a single rocket at where a player is hiding will get most players to to change positions giving your shotgunners more time to get up front and other units more time to do their things. This should basically be your role as a player, setting up the battlefield for your troops rather than using them as a distraction and trying to do the damage yourself.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tried it and by now for me is 5 stars.

If ADS will show up and there will be something that will ruin my experience I'll decrease my rating.

6. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Still unable to get past loading configurations screen. I've signed out of Game Center, deleted it, restarted phone, signed back in, re downloaded it and still no progress. I have plenty of space on my phone and the newest iOS version.

7. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    Encountered my first hacker today, killed me as soon as the match began. Hopefully that doesn't start to be more common as there doesn't seem to be a report feature in game.

8. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Wow just seen the video of this. Another one of these games perfectly suited to the mobile/tablet.Got to love the ingenuity of developers.

9. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I think in matchmaking, you are fighting againts ai. I dont think its real time combat. I have around 50 win 2 lose ratio. They have more power than my weapon and soldier, still Im the one who wins. So I belive its ai

10. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    No it's live combat. Aside from the fact that during matchmaking it gives both players time to choose their warcards, I've had opponents pause the game as well as disconnect.

11. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    If anyone would like to join my clan/guild I just formed one. I was looking for a Touch Arcade one but I didn't see one populate in the search.
    The one I started is called MyGunIsBigger and you all are welcome to join. I plan on making this my favorite game so I'll be very active. My characters name is Nekcik on the game as well.

Hope to see you guys there.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    @Maelwolf, took your advice and it works about 50/50. If the player is focused on you, then unless you have a huge advantage on your primary and/or secondary, you'll get torn up. It does work in a chess-like match, which are the ones I prefer I guess.

I also started a squad as I didn' see an offocial. In top 24 for a reward working into 2nd tier. Wreckers for those who are interested. Also very active with a few very solid active base players. Roster at 16 joinable already.

13. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    It changes a bit as you level up since shields don't last long versus heavy machine guns and explosives. Until rank 10 or so though I had about a 90% win rate and I was rushing through the levels so my stuff was generally lower levels than my opponent. I never summoned infantry though, as they just feed the opponents ability to summon their own troops. Snipers prevent players from staying out too long, and mixed with machine gunners, grenadiers, and only when the field has some units on it, shotgunners, you can create situations where your opponent simply has no where to go without taking damage.

After rank 10 you start getting much heavier duty gear. At this point snipers are still great and shot gunners become a lot more reliable. I now come against a lot of players who snipe. I myself don't use a sniper rifle, instead opting for a heavy machine gun and a shotgun. I usually win by cutting right through the shield with sustained fire. For this strategy you pretty much want as much sustained fire on your side and the only real defense I use are drones and my shotgun if needed. The sniper players I actually have a bit of trouble with primarily use shotgunners and paratroopers as they are hard to ignore and give them time to aim and ping you down with headshots.

14. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #34 Oats, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    I encountered a small glitch/bug where the final kill shot turns the enemy into stretchy silly putty #

I also started a team if anyone wants to join; it's the Lucky-7 ####

Also, anyone know the difference between "attack" and "weapon power"?
    I know weapon power is damage; Is "attack" how much easier it is to hit?

15. darkteletubbie

Feb 13, 2011
    Cool concept, but it is an absolute gouge on the freemium side. Basic packages are $20 for XP/gold upgrade, and it's only for a few days. $5 for a permanent upgrade seems more reasonable

16. Maelwolf

Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah, it's unfortunate. I actually didn't think it was a problem until I hit level 13. Then suddenly everything cost gold to unlock, and that gold jumped from about 200 or so to closer to 900. My interest dropped soon after.

17. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    OrleansCrew if you wan to join a fun, mature clan.

18. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Hey devs; this game needs a gold doubler!! 2.99 sounds reasonable ##

19. Stuie

Stuie New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Recruiting!!!

Haven't fully got a handle on this outdated website, but.. looking for members to join my Squad! ###
    Squad name is: LollipopGuild and we (right now just me and my main dude) but next five people to join get automatically promoted to co
    On the condition that they do some recruiting to fill up the Squad.. thnx all members, mods, and staff..
    Sorry if this is a duplicate post or wrong forum etc. etc... peace ✌#