iPad Warfare incorporated (Update 1.6 MULTIPLAYER now out)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Dec 4, 2008.

1. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Maybe using four fingers, one for each corner of the selection rectangle would work. I love this game... except Mission 5... that mission is just HARD!!!:mad: I am still stuck on this one!!!!

2. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Wow. WOW! Exceeded expections. This resembles a 'real' game in depth an playability, so it's easily worth the price and more. Best RTS game on iPhone. Galcon is fun, but too basic to be more than a novelty. This game really feels like a proper RTS. Nice!!!!!

3. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Bought it yesterday and it's really good!

Some issues:

- it rotates to the wrong side. You hide your speaker.
    - sounds are low quality and the voices are too loud. The sound quality is a major issue!
    - I don't know how to unselect units ;)

The graphics are not as clean and good visible like in fieldrunners, but they are ok for this game.

4. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Four fingers? Are you joking? I think perhaps you haven't grasped the two finger method. The initial 'swipe' of your two fingers determines the shape, and then moving two fingers around moves the box. Soooo easy.

5. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    The finger selecting is SIMPLE and couldn't have been done better. Once you get the hang of it is easysauce.

Place your two fingers on what will be opposing corners of your box. For example, let F = your finger and the shady image below be what happens on screen. I didn't get it at first, but once I figured this out, it was super super easy and so flawless.

-----------------F
    |. . . . . . . . . . . |
    | . . . . . . . . . . .|
    |. . . . . . . . . . . |
    F----------------

6. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Now I am stuck on the sixth mission, and it REALLY SUCKS when play this one. The other forces bombard you quickly and it is hard to get the base started and maintained for long...:(

7. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Here's how you unselect - it's super easy:

Start a selection rectangle, with nothing inside of it.

Done! :)

8. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Hey Scott, do you have any hints/help you can give me on beating the sixth Mission?

9. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    #89 scottlu, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  10. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I wound up beating it and now I am stuck on Mission 7... and it is WAY harder considering the Free Radicals keep either attacking me, or they convert all of my stuff using corporate raiders!:mad:Anyhow, I can't find much help on this one... the posts in the forums are from around 2004-2005, and there is hardly any discussion on actually beating this level...:(

11. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Looks sweet as!
    Scott, I have PMed you about beta testing.
    Also, if you ever get the chance, please port the mission editor as thatbis really my kind of thing (I have some ideas on how it could work). =]

12. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

you guys sure knows how to hype up a game (continued reading this thread on my iphone while on a bus ride home). I bought it immediately after i got home from work!

Once, I sync, I'll have a go. he he!

:D

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    That should be part of iPhone WI tutorial or something, it can save some new ideas to make a selection (as I had). :D

14. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Since the devs are reading this, can I just say a big THANKS for this game? :)

+ Graphics a good and animated, 1000x better than Strat. Assult. Not feildrunner quality, but who cares.
    + INSANELY FAST loading time! This app is on the screen where you left off before most apps launch their splash screen, it's nuts!! Nicely optimised. (guessing this comes from the fact it was developed for more limited devices)
    + Doesn't use any battery power at all
    + sounds are very good considering the puny size of the app (3MB)
    + Proper save/load system, I can rest assured that I can continue later if someone else grabs my phone and kills the baddies for me.
    + Doesn't take up an extra slot on your iPhone, as you can replace Strategic Assult with this one, as I did. :)

For awhile, I've been wanting a Warcraft 2 for the iPhone... this is the closest thing, it's really good.

Thanks!

PS... i liked strategic assult on my sony erricson p800 years ago, but it had a stylus and it was impressive at the time. but very shallow and doesn't work well with fingers.

15. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    BTW... i'm sure the editor would work in Virtual Box (free, like Parallels/Fusion, just needs a valid windows install)

16. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Damn you guys, I just had to buy this, just from what everyone's said (including the negatives such as not enough depth and similar tank rushes to C&C1, but thats fine with me for now). If nothing other than an investment for future upgrades to multiplayer, downloadable maps and other refinements!

17. JamesC

JamesC Active Member

Nov 22, 2008
    As many have said, I'm really glad that this game has come to the iDevices. I had it on my Palms, and it's great - you can play it through, then come back a year later and it's just as good as before.

However, to me the graphics look wrong. They seem to be stretched a bit oddly, and the terrain looks all disjointed like the tiles don't match up properly.
    The way that the units go big when you select them still seems odd (palm didn't do this)

That said, its still fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone.

18. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I'm impressed with this game so far; I'm on the third level and right off the bat it has a VERY clear taste of the original C&C ... and that ain't a bad thing. For anyone on the fence about it, you should grab this while it's 4.99 because it's well worth the money for the time I expect you'll put into it.

Keep in mind that it goes beyond just the regular campaign:
    + Load over 200 custom maps
    + Create your own maps (not sure if this is available now or coming)
    + 4 player online currently in Beta

To me, this game is the next step in the evolution of the iPhone / iPod touch gaming phenomenon. Combine this with Car Jack Streets and I'll be getting rid of my PSP.

19. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Here's something that may help: Set the difficulty to easy (in Game Options), play through the mission and beat it to get an idea of how it is laid out, then change the difficult back and try again.

20. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    For those asking about skirmish mode - there are extra maps that you can download for free titled "skirmish" where you can play freely, with no connection to the campaign, with all the tech tree unlocked and all :)