iPad Warfare incorporated (Update 1.6 MULTIPLAYER now out)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Dec 4, 2008.

1. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Here's the mission editor:
    http://www.warfareincorporated.com/downloads/warfare-me-1.0a.zip

You post it on the forum to get it published.

It does not work on macs.

Luke

2. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Yes, the mission editor is free. Once you have a mission you want to test, you download it to the game from a custom URL. You do this while you're developing the mission.

Once you've tested it and want to publish it to all Warfare players, post it to the Mission Sharing forum on the Warfare Incorporated website. Once it is here, it will be made available to all players when they bring up the Add-On Mission Pack list from within the game.

I'll make a FAQ with all this detail.

3. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    The war on Icarus comes to a new battlefield... the iPod Touch!

I just downloaded the Warfare Inc. Editor and YES it is free! BTW, I have loved this game for a very long time, because I, like others, played the Palm/PocketPC version. I bought the iPod Touch version and for the record, I have on my Touch, 2.5 GB of apps, and having said this, after buying and beginning to enjoy Warfare Inc. again, I will go ahead and say that this is the best five bucks that I have spent on an App in a very long, long time, maybe even ever. Go buy it now if you like RTS games at all! I wasn't a huge fan when I got the Palm demo, but I loved it immediately! Enjoy, and if what I said doesn't buy you, then so be it!:D

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

thanks, it crashed on me when i was playing around with it
    but always good to have
    and the fact that users will be submitting new content extend this games replayability

I am 95% sold, just scared of a price drop in three days

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    OK, apparently you can't use the mission editor on a Mac. My final question is - Can I download missions other players have created onto my Mac and will they be able to be downloaded into my iPod? (or even directly onto my iPod?)

If I'm at least able to download missions onto my Mac and to my iPod, you will have got me sold :)

6. highonlife

Nov 19, 2008
    Actually the cool thing is you download the mission packs directly from the phone, so no worries about that!

Also, I wouldn't be too concerned about a price drop, this is a really good game that will sell on it's own. Scott really didn't want it to be this low as is, and will probably raise it if anything. I highly doubt he will drop the price. I'd wait on his official conformation though.

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Very much doubt it. Scott's plan was to release it at a lower introductory price, and raise it to it's regular price after some time.

So, get it while it's hot! A real, bonafide RTS game on the iPhone with (soon to come) multiplayer and countless downloadable missions? What else could you ask for? ;)

Plus, you browse for and download new missions straight from the phone/ipod. Couldn't be easier.

8. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

You should thank these guys Scott, they got me sold :p

9. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I would say grab this one fast, because the prices are going to fly straight up! I would say that this one is worth within reason, whatever he wants to ask for it, up to and including $9.99!:D

10. mek

mek Well-Known Member

this is true, but just saying introductory price is just a sales gimmick, and i have seen many devs promise it, and still drop the price because they got impatient with the sales

but i trust ya...

Buying now

thanks for all your input to Scott, and IzzyNobre, and the others :)

11. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Exactly ^

12. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #72 IzzyNobre, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    If you are an RTS fan, I DARE you to be disappointed with Warfare Inc ;)

Warfare Inc is a very polished, one of a kind game (Strategic Defense is so bad in comparison, it doesn't even deserve to be called an RTS). It has depth, lots and lots of downloadable mission, and will eventually feature multiplayer over wifi, 3G and even EDGE.

At $5 you can't go wrong. Put yourself through this litmus test - did you like Command and Conquer, Warcraft 2, KKND and other RTS classics of the past? If so, Warfare Inc is definitely for you.

13. mek

mek Well-Known Member

haha, thanks
    all you had to say was, did you like Galcon, and i would of bought it -haha [pun from the other thread]

but yes, i loved all those games, and will most likely lost this, i bought it, downloaded it, but have not synced it yet, have to finish my thesis paper first..and 5 bucks is a steal for this games replayability

14. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    #74 Carlos-Sz, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    @ scottlu

Thanks to your reply I've purchased the game and the graphics are indeed nice. No complain about it.

I'm not sure, however, why two fingers are necessary to set a group.

Why not let one finger act as if it was the mouse pointer? To select a group: 1) tap-hold, 2) make a rectangle around the units to select them. Most like the mouse pointer.

In resume, tap-hold and drag the finger around would result in a rectangle. If this rectangle touches an unit then it'll be selected.

I think this method would be a lot easier and faster.

15. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I think I'll try it out. If it's any good I'll let you know back here on touchArcade.

16. highonlife

Nov 19, 2008
    Scott had this in the first build, but it was largely disliked because when you're in a fast paced game, the hold select was really, really slow and the whole thing was difficult to deal with. The multitouch, in my opinion, is perfect. Maybe you could convince scott to put it in as an option or something in the future.

17. RaNd0m

RaNd0m Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I'm pretty much convinced.... well scott you might have a heavy seller this thread has tons of posts =)

18. mek

mek Well-Known Member

ok the controls`, like scrolling, and selecting units, are really well implemented

ive only done a few missions..

but it is worth 5 bucks :)

19. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    OK. Thank you. If it was already tested then it should not work after all.

I still think that moving groups could have a better or alternative method.

Anyway, nice game.

20. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Well, most of you are probably too young to remember this game, but it was an old PocketPC and Palm handheld game, and back then it was the best RTS you could ever hope for on a small platform. I was lucky enough to beta test this game a bit, and I have to say that this it's almost as if the iPhone and WI are from the same DNA, everything works flawlessly. Graphically, it is amazing. The narrative story is excellent for what it is worth, and everything is perfect for a quick mission or two when you get a few free minutes during the day. Even today, Palm and PocketPC players are still very active in the multiplayer version of this game. I am glad Scott is inviting more to the multiplayer beta test, because being able to find games to play during the multiplayer beta has been tough to coordinate so far.

For those concerned about the price, 4 years ago when I bought this for Palm handheld, I paid $29.99, and would have gladly paid a lot more. The game is well worth that, and at $4.99 it's an absolute steal. I'm only sorry that so many people spend hours and hours talking about and playing their favorite iPhone games, but aren't willing to pay more than $0.99 for any app without "Having to be convinced." As stated already, I also DARE you to buy this game and not feel like you got your money's worth.