iPad Warfare incorporated (Update 1.6 MULTIPLAYER now out)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Dec 4, 2008.

1. mek

mek Well-Known Member

technically galcon is the best RTS for the iphone right now, IMO

how is scrolling?
    i dont like the radar/interface on Strat. Assault...
    but if it plays like C&C, and has a interface, scrolling that makes sense..i might buy it

2. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Touch the gameplay area, move, and the map will scroll.

Touch the gameplay area with two fingers, a selection rectangle will appear. Move your fingers to make it bigger or smaller, let go, and the units within said rectangle will be selected.

Works VERY well. I'll be showing that on my video as well.

3. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Hi gents,

I'm a developer on Warfare Incorporated - I thought I'd chime in on the conversation.

We've aimed to bring high quality RTS gaming to handheld devices - with this release, specifically crafted for iPhone and iPod Touch. Please give it a try and judge for yourself. You can read about awards / reviews here: http://www.warfareincorporated.com/awards.html.

There is a lot of content to play - story missions, challenge missions, and "add-on" missions. There is a full blown mission editor so users can create their own add-on missions and share them with the community. There is in-game integrated add-on mission pack browsing and download.

Multiplayer is currently in beta (please join the beta team if you're interested in helping). Some detail: it supports 2-4 players over edge, 3g, and wifi. Players meet in an internet game lobby to join or start games.

Any questions, fire away. I'll try to answer them.

4. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Hey scott! I'm very excited about WI's release. I'm waiting for the coupon so I can get the game and write a review on the Canadian AppStore ;)

Also, I'll be making a short youtube overview of the gameplay, to give people a better idea of the polish of Warfare Inc. Pictures really don't do it justice.

5. RaNd0m

RaNd0m Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    We need a video review :D Thinking about buying it but reulctant because of the upcoming apps like Simcity, Ronaldo, and NFS.....

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I just want to know what kind of units there are, the homepage didn't give much info on that.

7. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    My only concern is regarding graphics. Are they the same of other devices or they are better ones to fit iPhone higher resolution?

I've already heard the graphics are nice and graphics are low resolution.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

here is how i view it, if the gameplay is there..the graphics dont have to be special, cause zi eyes will adjust
    i would rather have amazing gameplay, then "Krull" style graphics

9. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Yes, I understand.

But I just don't want to play a great game with a subpar graphics.

And I also don't want to play a boring game with great graphics.

For me a well balanced game counts a lot. But that's me. :)

10. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Warfare's graphics on the iPhone are designed for 480x320, which is the highest resolution of the iPhone. They aren't low resolution.

11. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I was filming my review and got phone calls TWICE during gameplay :p

While you wait for my iPhone-specific review, you can take a look at the Palm-version gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeqsgILoAcA

It's the basically the same, except now you have the ability to select units via multi-touch, which works AWESOME.

12. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    qft :)

13. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    The graphics aren't subpar and the game isn't boring, I assure you :)

Graphics are comparable to, say, the first Command and Conquer's. And the gameplay leaves nothing to be desired. The ability to download user-made maps (combined with the multiplayer feature, which is being beta tested as we speak and will come in future updates) will grant Warfare Inc amazing replay value.

14. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #54 istopmotion, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    Will you be able to add friends or have a friend list of some sort so you can easily locate your friends and play them (when multiplayer comes out)? Also, when do you think it would be safe to expect online gameplay?

If you have/add that to the game, I will DEFINITELY buy it as I love strategy games as well as online games. :)

My final question - it says on the description page that there is a "full mission editor." Does this mean you can edit missions on your iPhone or do you have to create them on your computer and download them into the game?

Thanks in advance

15. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Thank you for the answer.

I was quite confusing about it mainly because I've already played some low quality ports that used the exact same graphics.

16. IzzyNobre

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Funny you should say that, I mentioned the buddy list feature to scott a few weeks ago when I started beta testing the game, and I also mentioned the lack of such feature on the Galcon thread here.

Being able to play with people online is awesome; being able to find your friends and play with them is 10 times better. The reason I don't play Galcon anymore is because it frustrates me to know that I have 6 friends who own the game but no easy way to arrange games with them!

17. scottlu

scottlu Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I'm still thinking about how to find and play friends the best way. Nothing to announce yet, except to say I agree it's important!

The mission editor runs on a PC. I didn't port it to the iPhone (at least, not yet) because you really want to author missions on a PC. Laying out the map and units, creating all the triggers, creating the unit groups, entering the mission text, etc - you really want the big screen of a PC to do these.

18. mek

mek Well-Known Member

two questions before you have sold me

one, is the mission editor Free? and how do you port your custom missions to your iphone

and two, with fear of a sudden price drop in a week, do you think it will stay @ its existing price for at least some reasonable time?

thanks

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #59 istopmotion, Dec 5, 2008
    Wait, so what's the "full mission editor" that's mentioned in the description on the app store? I'm confused... I thought it was on the game?

So, does the mission editor work on Macs?

20. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #60 HardcoreEricXXX, Dec 5, 2008
    One request after playing all day long. Quick keys for your units, so you can play the different types of units with a little stategy, and easier to control big groups of guys
    edit a few more requests.... the ability to "set to" on the building that build stuff, to get the men out of the way and to a specific spot. and auto attack stuff that is shooting you first then attack buildings (as opposed to just sitting there)