iPad Warfare incorporated (Update 1.6 MULTIPLAYER now out)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Dec 4, 2008.

1. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    epic

this game looks epic. damn it i just bought BIA and now i might just have to buy this too.

I really hope TA does a review on this soon.

2. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    This game is worth every penny.
    I used to play on my pocket pc. IM snatching it up now.

3. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Hey guys,

I was a beta tester on this game, and I can promise you it is worth every single penny of 5 dollars. The missions are pretty cool, but the controls blow strategic assault out of the water! There are at least 20 different units, and there are some really cool things you can do. It has resource gathering, rather than towers that you capture like in strategic assault. The multi-touch select is really, really good. The graphics are way better when you actually play the game, compared to strategic assault where everything looks stiff and cheap. There's a ton of strategy involved in the game.

Unfortunately, the multi-player didn't quite make it into this release iirc, however, it has been in the game since the first beta, however unfortunately there were some unforseen problems, so he had to take it out for the first release, but I promise you it will be in there sooner rather than later. The multi-player is sick, so just the knowledge that it will be arriving should give cause to buy the game.

Overall, this is, and will remain the definitive best RTS application on the iphone for a long time (unless blizzard gets into the field.) It is a 100% must buy from me. The developer is extremely focused, and has been pumping out updates every couple weeks for the past two months. I expect that most of your feature requests on the forum will be implemented very quickly, so go ahead and ask.

Enjoy the best RTS on the iPhone!

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    This game has been around for years. It's not a crappy, just stole $5 from your pocket, type app. Google the game and there are posts in other forums back to September talking about how the game is coming to iPhone

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    @ highonlife: Just a couple of questions:
    Do the units have differently abilities, like laying mines, healing and such?

Is there a rock-paper-scissor system, like one unit is effective against another unit and so on?

6. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    There are currently no units that lay mines or heal, but there is a unit called the "cooperate invader" that, if it can get to the enemies buildings can convert them by running into them.

There's a subtle rock-paper-scissors system, especially with the mech units, because certain ones are more effective against different types of units. However, you will need to update your vehicle center at the research building to access some of these units.

This is a VERY VERY solid game, the only reason it has "slipped under the radar" is because scott(the developer) hasn't done much promotion yet, and failed to tell us the game was sent to the app store, so we didn't get any buzz out before the game arrived, and he had previously told us to keep the game private.

Hope that helps

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Thanks. You convinced me to buy it. :)

8. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Yeah ... me too i think i'll take a shot at it .... and yes ... i'm a self-confessed appaddict :)

9. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    My app store username is AddictedtoBuyingApps.... So yeah, I confessed to the world as well :D

10. JamesC

JamesC Active Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Played it through to completion many times on my Palm LifeDrive, developers certainly deserve this £3 from me, lets hope it's as good.

What would be really great is if it can play iphone vs palm when the beta multiplayer goes final.

Downloading now.

11. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I played warfare incorporated on pocketPC device previously. It's not a bad game, but if you are looking for depth, you will be disappointed. It is a pretty shallow RTS game, not much strategy. Just spam units and win. However, it is good fun while it lasted.

BTW, from the video and screenshots, this looks like an exact port of the PPC game. I'm gonna give it a pass.

12. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    You changed my mind. I won't be buying this, lol :p

13. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    lol lower price ill buy it
    looks like starcraft!

14. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    There are already 3 reviews about it and all of them are very postive about the game. I'll wait a little more for a more detailed review.

15. Trunx

Trunx Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I just bought it and it's a decent game. Old School. If you liked the first C&C, this is for you.

What I liked:

- Even with plenty units fluid
    - Good Soundtrack and Voice Samples
    - Nice, but a little bit flat Story
    - Downloadable Content / Campaigns
    - Good gameplay / handling with the iPhone: decent controls
    - Commando-Missions. Rock 'n Roll!

What I didn't like:

- VERY old school: No waypoints, KI is very dumb (both enemy and yours)
    - You can win every battle with enough ressources
    - No zooming
    - Old grafics, not highres

Played 2 hours so far, and it was hard to stop. Best RTS right now for the iphone/ipouch

16. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I have been beta testing Warfare Inc for about a month now and if you thought the shitty Strategic Assault was good, Warfare will blow you away

Lost custom made missions;
    Multiplayer via wifi, 3G and EDGE;
    ACTUAL UNITS AND NOT JUST A JEEP AND A TANK

17. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, it's not fair to say that about Strategic Assault, especially because it's a lot cheaper than this game. It's definitely not as amazing as Warfare Inc but it is definitely worth $1 in my opinion.

Also, there are boats and helicoptors too.. lol:rolleyes:

18. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Strategic Assault was 2.99 when I bought it. And there were no boats or helis back then, either.

WI is just a much, much more polished game. Strategic Assault looks like it could be a browser game, it's just so terrible. I was outright ashamed to have spent money on it, and being a total RTS fan it's great to have a better choice now.

I'll me making a Warfare Inc gameplay video to put up on youtube to give you guys an idea of what the game is about :)

19. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Not high resolution? You mean "pixeled" images?

If so than it's not a game for me...

20. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Thanks, I'd appreciate that. :)