iPad Warfare incorporated (Update 1.6 MULTIPLAYER now out)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by organerito, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    This could use a few improvements, like an easier way to chat in game, but overall it's pretty solid online. A few improvements to the game would be welcome though.

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    ok just bough it, under my username "onewithchaos" of course ;)

I'm very impressed. All it needs i think is:
    - a way to zoom (3 finger zoom anyone? )
    - Maybe some groups, i really like the way that Javier did his groups in quantum collapse. it sounds tricky but its actually really easy once you get it.
    -An on screen chat button, i think that would help a lot maybe even run it in the background without a white backdrop
    -a way to control the sound ;b
    -someone keeps mentioning A.I, i havent played single-player but i guess that would go here.
    -an improvement on graphics, i would gladly pay a few extra bucks for more polished graphics. (not that they're really bad, but if they could be better that would be nice)

Other than that, I'm loving this game, I love how fast it loads. Seems like the $5 were worth it. I like to think I'm picky with games but so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm looking forward to playing the single player missions. Anyone suggest any good single-mission add-on pack?

3. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I really hope that they will add new graphics to the game. Maybe as an In-App-Purchase ;).

4. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    has anyone tried this on edge? i know thats pushing it, but im curious, maybe i will during my break from work to day

5. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Just posted a demo video of multiplayer (joining rooms, crating games, chatting, basic gameplay) to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_BTbalTYuY . As usual, you will need to wait some minutes for YouTube to post the HD version; currently (17:56 CET), some minutes after finishing uploading the video, only a low-quality version is available.

As you can see, there were 16... 19 players online and a lot of them were ready to play, which is certainly good news, given that few other remote, lounge-based multiplayer games have a large (active) userbase.

I've also posted a demo video of the WinMo version to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSSKdW3hNp8 . I hoped the last version supports remote (lounge-based) gameplay; unfortunately, it still is at version 1.2 (just like the tested one in my WinMo multiplayer bible at http://www.smartphonemag.com/old_blogs/menneisyys/102005MPPPCGames.asp ) and doesn't support multiplayer.

6. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Can't connect

It's cool that the multiplayer update is finally out, I have been waiting for it to come out. However I am currently living in China and when I try to connect to the server, the connection times out every time I try. Is there some way to fix this or am I just screwed?

7. fallqvist

fallqvist Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    The european room is almost empty, someone please join.

8. twilightknight

twilightknight Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Isn't this the update of this really really really old game on iphone? By gamloft?

9. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    No...
    The game is by Spiffcode I think and the game is almost a year old.

10. Tarcin

Tarcin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    I am happy to say it is pretty solid on Edge, but only if you have 4-5 bars. On 3 it runs ok, with a few lags, below that, it isn't really worth it.

11. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #211 NBM05, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    The game is fantastic.

The controls are by far the best RTS controls on the iphone and are honestly very, very good. Much better than QC or Robocalypse or the semi RTS Fallen Empire. I don't understand complaining about WI's controls at all.

The story mode is pretty good and pretty long, so even if there isn't anything beyond it, there are a lot of missions that are fairly varied to keep you occupied. Of course there are hundreds of additional missions and campaigns if you want to download them, but that's up to you.

The graphics are decent. More detail and effects would be nice, but the graphics aren't bad -- they just don't wow compared to the best iphone graphics. I don't really have any complaints about the graphics.

The ammount and quality of game you get for the money with WI is pretty amazing. It's without questions worth the price as is.

12. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I'm gonna have to disagree with the controls. Even though QC has really slow gatherers, the fact that you can zoom in an d assign groups makes for a much easier way to micro manage. I can easily assign all my foot soldiers to group 1, my demolition tanks to group 2 and foot soldiers or scouts to group 3 and then easily recall them during battle. The only thing I'm missing in this game is the ability to zoom. I think that alone would go a long way. But regarding everything else, I think that it is a very solid game. Graphic wise, it looks nice but it could be better, and sound....i just want volume controls, i cant listen to music without hearing the "yes sir" and i use my phone to play lullabies to my daughter while i play ;b.

On another note, there's so many people in multiplayer it is so worth it for that alone. a couple of other things I came up with.
    -friend lists
    -push notificatoins, (invite someone for a game, they get a push notification) that would be really awesome

13. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

#213 AlvinDj, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    Just hook this one up due to the Online Multi Player.. and I'd say it's really awesome.. what a great time releasing the Online Multi Player before C&C's launch....

I'd say this is the first RTS with an Online Multi Player function ?

Really awesome for any RTS fans !

Nevertheless, there are still alot of rooms for improvements such as the zoom and other minor stuffs to really bring it to perfection...

But overall, I'm very satisfied and a whole lot courtesy to it's Online Multi Player, which would really keep you into the game anytime you're game for some trashing of bases even after you've completed the story mode. :D

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This was updated btw :) still waiting for Bioshock fix so I can update to iOS 9 and install this,Star Chindy and other iOS 9 only games...