iPad Warfare Incorporated get ignored?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Oliver, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

hi there :)

On the forums of the devs I found this piece of text:

And I think, this is true. WI is one of the best games available for the iPhone. It has content, a story, feels like old dune or Command and Conquer, just makes fun and multiplayer is on the go. It also has sound ;). But in the Top 100 list of appshopper.com it's on rank 49, BELOW Strategic Assault. It did not get any coveredge on toucharcade.com. And I'm wondering: Why?

Bye,
    Oliver

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

It is just Blake and Arn who write the main feature Articles, they get hammered with Devs Requesting reviews, and just everything imaginable

i am sure it will come eventually..it is a great game, and i think it will rise in ranks here shortly..there is a lot of support for it

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree. I bought WI last night and I'm loving it so far. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this one. When online multiplayer comes out, this is going to too good.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    it's a classic game that didn't require a whole lot of coverage. It busted into the top 50 without any big time reviews on these gamesites. It'll soon take over fieldrunners, my 2cents.

5. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Yeah, it's coming. It just takes a little time. WI has been around a long time on the old Palm/PocketPC platforms, and it has always generated great reviews. The game is truly a winner in every regard. Despite the low $4.99 price, this game is in the top tier of premium fully featured games on the app store.

6. propnut

propnut New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Just downloaded WI last night and love it. Big C&C and Red Alert fan, This game is right up my alley. Would love to see some more titles like this one come out. I don't think this game will be "ignored" for too long.

7. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I got this game and got almost no sleep last night. haha

8. Dell

Dell Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Just downloaded this, going to have a play now :)

9. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Looks like they need to "employ" more reviewers for TouchArcade *wink *wink

10. RaNd0m

RaNd0m Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Sales will pick up if the dev has a price drop soon for a few days ..... once its in the top 10 sellers lots of people will buy.... they should have the price drop before the multiplayer is released so they can justify the increase in price later on.

11. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I think at $4.99 is the price drop.

12. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I agree, Arn and Blake need to take me on as a reviewer. I will work for free! I am a journalism major!!! I am good at that kind of stuff.

13. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Yes, it is. It will go up with the release of mutiplayer.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The price of this game is already dropped. I think I recently saw it on my pocket pc for $15. $5 is a true bargain for this game, especially compared to fieldrunners.

15. highonlife

highonlife Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    That makes two. I'd love to write reviews and such. I write for the paper at my university just because I love to write! Even if it wasn't very often, this site's front page is slackin!

16. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

It's now number 5 in games and 8 in total top 10 in the german store, with a rating of 4.5.

Would be interesting to see how the iPhone sales numbers/revenues compare with the revenues of ALL other mobile platforms they have WI running at over all time.

17. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Woke up this morning and it jumped twenty spots to #24 on the top 25. I'm happy for you guys rolling out this game with little promo and huge success.