Warcraft Rumble (by Blizzard Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Been wondering as well about this thanks

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @agreen437 I’m eternally surprised by the seeming lack of interest in blizzard mobile games on the form here.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think there’s an expectation that they see mobile as only a cash cow and that they’ll use the worst FTP practices. From what I’ve see of Diablo, it seems like they’re taking the platform seriously, so I’m excited to see what they do with the Warcraft franchise.

ste86uk and sharfaust like this.
  5. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    If Diablo Immortal and Warcraft mobile feel like legitimate games in those franchises, I’ll be very happy. Fingers crossed. And toes. Please don’t let us down, Blizzard.

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That’s why I’m surprised because so far from what we seen of the iaps in Diablo on the beta it’s very fair and you can pretty much play a AAA game for free without spending anything if you want. No energy and none of pretty much all the crap you usually get, the only power you could buy were legendary crests to help get legendary gems but even that might change. Plus with PC being included you have to think they definitely won’t do what people think of when they see free games and if they were going to I’m sure we would have seen it already.

sharfaust likes this.
  7. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    World of Warcraft like order and chaos in future pls

8. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Hype interesting to see what they reveal with this one I think diabo is going to be quite the success

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #9 ste86uk, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    Be interesting to see if they have made it an MOBA or an RTS or something else? I think Diablo will be a big success too I mean they have over 30 million pre registrations and PC only just got announced.

Theoretically from how they have changed the raid type bosses it and said they will add content and a new boss monthly they could keep it going like WoW with new content all the time if they have a constant stream of revenue like from the season pass.

10. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah thanks for the information and awesome

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    https://warcraftrumble.blizzard.com/en-us/

Did anyone watch the reveal for this one? Parts of it looked a bit similar to Clash Royale but then all the other info made it sound and look like so much more. Sounds like a ludicrous amount of content for a game not even out yet and I have to say I’m pretty excited since I love the Warcraft universe. I guess I’ll just have to hope the monetisation stays fair like Diablo Immortal sounds like so far.

12. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I must admit i was waiting for something more similar to the real MMORPG experience…

13. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Yeah, I’m disappointed with the type of game this turned out to be. I’ll still give it a chance. And cross my fingers for a traditional Warcraft mobile game in the future.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Hulkino I’m not sure we would ever get a mobile WoW if that’s what you mean? But maybe they would create something new one day for mobile.

@sharfaust I know what you mean, although I’m not disappointed because I also think traditional rts games aren’t a great fit on mobile. I’ve never played one where the experience and controls could match something like C&C on the pc back in the day.

15. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Here’s a link for the game reveal video but basically bits an RTS game that seems a little similar to clash Royale but still very different I think.

A huge single player campaign with pvp and co-op play there’s just all sorts to it with raid bosses and dungeons I’m sure I remember? I need to watch it again myself because there was so much.

Loads of fan service if your into the Warcraft universe and want it on mobile. Also just to add there are like 80 maps I’m sure they said on release which is a huge amount and they also said there’s heigh advantage in the game if ranged units are on elevated land.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #17 ste86uk, Aug 15, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    @Boardumb Not been on on in a while with having a newborn to look after.

But the post about this being softlaunched in PH peaked my interest. Although the edit says it’s in other countries too like CA and SWE but I’ve checked my CA, SWE and NZ accounts and can’t find it so wondering if it’s been pulled already?

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    So their original PR mentioned ONLY PH, but after I posted about it I saw on that they tweeted a map of soft launch countries that included CA, AUS, etc. So I updated the story with that info, but when I actually went diving into those stores, it doesn't appear to be there yet. I'm guessing that's just their planned countries to continue rolling out to. As of right this moment though the game is still available in the PH store.

ste86uk likes this.
  19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #19 ste86uk, Aug 15, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    @Boardumb thank you, I did see that map after looking after seeing the article and tried those countries I’ve got an account in.

Looks like I’ll have to make a PH one, been a while since I made one though I remember I had to sign out of my iCloud.

Made one and got it now, I haven’t seen anything about if save data will be reset or not though have you? Edit: answered that as soon as I launched the game now just to figure out how to change my name, i don’t like my old battlenet name.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    If anyone plays this and wants a guild I’ve got a full one I setup. But I can make space as I’m sure many will start the game and then stop.

So far I really like it, enjoying my time with it a lot and I love that there’s no energy system and that battles can actually feel strategic and that there’s not really a punishment if you lose you can just try again and ajust your strategy.