Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The bug still persists in my end... Maybe I need to do the whole process as yesterday it worked but about six hours late it stopped working. Not sure if it was switching from one wifi to another but it either got a short time after doing the log out and reset method.

2. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014

I think the best way for this map is to be very quick! Finished the map in 10 days platinum. You can destroy orange before he can get into the game since he starts without any production building! Give the bomber a cheap target like infantry so that he flies towards your anti air mechs in the beginning ;)

I would go for gunships mostly due to their mobility and some light tanks (7k) to destroy gunners.

Getting income quickly is the key factor in almost every match! U should always try to get as much income as possible quickly! (For all you online players out there: forget what I just said and do the opposite so I get easy wins haha)

3. cubilas

cubilas Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Love the game! Still finishing the campaign, but would like to play online after that. However, I don't have a lot of friends that are into gaming. Anyone wants to add me on GC? Search for 'my friend cubilas'. Or is there a specific thread I could/should post this?

4. krjustin

krjustin New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Game Center fixed?!

OK
    Just I Fixed.

First, other game play what is game center support. I downlorded Pocket Planes.

When I play Pocket planes, automatically GAME CENTER loggin!!!. WTF!

IF u do not work game center loggin play with Pocket Planes. U just waiting new iOS...

IF u loggin GC play with PP.

1. WIFI OFF
    2. Bluetooth OFF
    3. air mode on
    4. GC log out
    5. power and home button turn off
    6. airmode on
    7. WIFI on
    8. setting menu -> GC log in
    9. Warbits play and VERSUS in
    10. wait...

MY GC ID [krjustin82] add me!

Thank you.

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    As a side note, sadly I would have to run the log in procedure ever time I wanted to log in if I opened another app after the one I needed GC for.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Thanks for the info. Will give it a go.

7. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This is a decent little game and definitely worth the price.

I'm in the minority here though but I'm not keen on the artwork. It looks fine but I have trouble telling some of the units apart and that makes it tricky to remember what they do. It would be nice if they were a little more distinguishable.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mostly I think it's really good. I struggle a bit with Lt Infantry/Ranger and Bomber/Carrier occasionally.

9. amoeba

amoeba Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Game is good, worth buying.

I'm stuck at sector 3-4 though. Enemy starts out with way more resource than you do and make intelligent moves/blocks. I can't get an edge over it. Anybody have ideas?

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Dev just tweeted:

Don't worry about the top left, just hold them off. Capture right side quickly. Remember, carriers are great for drop/attack combos!

11. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I used to try to capture the middle factory to cut him off (otherwise he has prime real estate and can attack quickly). But that never worked. When I set up a two-pronged approach for the northwest and southeast corners, I had more success. Because these two areas are also not owned by the enemy, it's easier to get a foot hold.

To start I used my dropship to take an infantry north and sent a gunship for protection. Watch where the enemy's range is when landing. Draw in the light mech and use the gunship to take it out, then capture the factory. Be sure to use a mixture of unit types to hold him off while you capture the airport and other cities.

For the southeast you can send the remaining units in that direction. Use the gunner in front and artillery right behind. Make and send infantry to capture buildings as you advance. Once you have the airport start hammering him with gunships or bombers (once you have the cash), and use light mechs to take out his gunners.

12. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #172 proof21, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

I thought this Mission was impossible, but then it came one of the easiest ones.

Make a drop ship or carrier fill with infantry or both infantry and mech, move it north east over river out of range.

Mean while do everything normally, have your units take bases and attack those purple walls for points (this part is mainly for enemy distraction)

Meanwhile land your carrier or dropship on the enemy HQ and take it over.

Seriously that's it.

13. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Probably a good training for the online section if you don't take the cheesy way as suggested above ;)

It's definitely doable with regular tactics but not easy.
    I don't remember exactly how but I think I started off getting the close unoccupied cities for more income and then took away the factory in the center of the map. There I stopped and defended while at the same time I advanced to the south east and up to their HQ. So I never touched the top left corner or top middle of the map.

14. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I'm stuck at 3-2. Getting frustrated. Any tips?

15. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

Hey Zinc, 3-2 can be a tough one. Try and take the airport fairly quickly.
    As for your main force don't over extend, let Orange come to you for the first few days, just don't let them take the factory in the middle.
    Hope that helps!

16. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Thanks. My last attempt, I failed to take the airport. I'm probably over extending.

17. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I was really liking this game until the difficulty just was too much. I can't get passed sector4-3. So I decided to play some local custom matches, and they were the brutal as well. The Ai is like stuck on hard mode.

Is there any chance a difficulty selection could be implemented in an upcoming patch?

18. amoeba

amoeba Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Finally got through 3-4 by going right and taking the cities there. Don't go northwest early for sure. Factories are nice but you need income.

I load up a carrier with a gunner and infantry. When enemy factory produces an infantry I drop the gunner to take it out, then activate diplomacy and have the infantry take over the factory all in one round. Works pretty well.

19. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #179 JohnnyClash, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    I love this game, but wow, it's my first TBS of this type, and it's a solid learning curve.. 1-4 is kicking my butt right now..
    --
    Edited.. Ok, I feel like a new man.. I finally beat 1-4... I just needed to use the terrain more to my advantage and keep a bit more defensive approach.

20. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    There used to be a game called Mecho Wars on iOS, but unfortunately it's since been removed. The same developer teamed up with another and released Pocket God vs Desert Ashes not long ago. Both games are similar to Warbits/Advance Wars and I'd recommend starting with PGvsDA if you're struggling with the difficulty here. Besides being a very good game I believe it would ease you into the gameplay and help prepare you for Warbits.