Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    There's a guy from the beta that got platinum on all the campaign missions. He's going to post walkthroughs for each mission, I believe.

2. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    #142 zinkdogg, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Thanks

I think that I just needed to get used to it. What all the different units do and stuff like that. I bookmarked the manual and read a little through it. I'm definitely gonna go thru the campaign first before I try out multiplayer.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    The best way to reconnect to game center.
    Log out of app store in settings, reboot device, log back in app store, reboot again. Game center connect. Had to do it everyday before Implosion was updated to run without it. Cheers

4. pixeldunce

pixeldunce Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016

No...that's part of the GC bug...it doesn't even let you login on or out in the settings. So how this is part of the steps is beyond me,mbecause the ga,center bug doesn't allow us to go in settings game center to log in or out

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks @H4nd0fg0d your solution has worked for both my iPhone 6 and iPad... If anyone else is having a problem follow the instructions from H4nd0fg0d ....
    The best way to reconnect to game center.

1) Log out of app store in settings
    2) reboot device
    3) log back in app store
    4) reboot again.
    5) Game center connect --- I went to gamecenter under settings first and than went to Game Center app. After I saw both go through last the screen of death I knew I was connected
    6) launched game and after it welcomed me I was set..

Not sure if I have to do this prices each time (each day) but it works for now!

Not exactly sure why I chose to get Game Center to work as for now I'm in on 2-1 and will likely not go online until I get more familiar with the game.

6. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Game is an awesome AW clone, and on gameplay alone I'll give it 5 stars.

But oh man the writer is overpaid (and not in the forgiveable second-language sense). Even if they wrote for free. An editor would help lots.

7. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    This doesn't work for me. None of the fixes have worked for me. After rebooting, I can get an initial GC screen, but nothing after that. At least 9.3.2 looks to fix it. Guess I have to wait for that.

8. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    What device do you have? It was faster to work on my ipad 9.7 pro and took a little longer on my iPhone 6. I also messes up in the iPhone 6 might first time and did it a second time and it worked. Try again because it really did work...

9. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    For those of you who haven't tried it, the manual is great (and very useful). I've got it downloaded onto my Kindle app on my iPad now as well so I can read it even when I haven't got a wifi signal.

You can find it at :

http://riskylab.com/warbits/WarbitsManual.pdf

10. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    iPhone 6 and iPad Air. I'll give it another shot. But the last time I let the GC white screen sit for about 90 seconds. Does it take longer than that?

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It doesn't work for everyone. If you're not having any luck, iOS 9.3.2 is in public beta and seems to fix it. You can sign up here and have the new software downloading within a few minutes: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/.

12. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    The manual is awesome... The old days of Atari, Nintendo, Sega, gameboy, original psp all had game manuals. A total lost art of games today. Seeing the efforts in creating a nice manual makes this game that much more complete.

13. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I had the game centre bug and fixed it slightly differently to what has been suggested.

Wifi/cell connection off
    Airplane mode
    Log out of game centre in settings
    Hard reset/power off
    Power on
    Airplane mode off
    Wifi on

Worked for me, good luck

14. cbos0503

May 9, 2015
    Thanks for the link. But the bullet and am installing it. Hopefully be playing some multiplayer Warbits soon. :)

15. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    #155 lezrock, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    A lot of crashes on iPad mini 2 with ios 8.0.1...
    One pesky crash is reproducible. on sector 2-4 when I want to select the antiair unit the game crashes to springboard when it tries to start the tutorial in game text on the bottom of the screen.

16. swoolf

swoolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 9, 2009
    Walkthroughs?

I'm not good (at all) at Tower Defense style games, and therefore I really like how Riskylabs ramps up the difficulty in the campaign as you progress. Makes me feel like I can actually start to enjoy and do well with those style of games - so first want to say GREAT JOB on this game. Visuals are crisp and great, dialogue is funny, and the game is quite challenging.

Now that I have said all that, are there any walkthroughs? I'm kinda stuck at 2-4 (i know that's quite early - I said I'm not good at these games but desperately want to be), and maybe if I had some kinda walkthrough so I can understand what profile (infantry/mech/air) does well for certain situations. I know that each level can be played differently many times, but I think I'm just missing that kinda knowledge of why I should be focusing on building some profiles and not on others... Not sure if this made any sense.

I'm going to study that Operations Manual and hope that help helps out a bit.

17. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

lezrock, would you mind joining our testflight so we can track that bug down?
    If you could PM me your apple ID we can get you set up.

swoolf, glad you're enjoying it! One of our beta players is actually recording some platinum walkthroughs for the campaign.

18. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    The game center bug sadly renders the GC in settings useless. You can't access it. Only freezes on a white screen. Another thing, even tho I have the bug and games don't recognize GC, I am still logged in. Absurd

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I've let the white screen sit for over an hour. No go. I'm on 9.0.2 iPhone 6s+ and iPad air 2.

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Perhaps I had a milder form of the bug, but I got the white screen when opening the game centre app or the game centre settings too. When I went wifi off/airplane mode on suddenly I didnt get the white screen in game centre settings anymore, and I could log out if game centre. This seemed to break the loop it was stuck in.