Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd like to second this brilliant suggestion. The icon is perfect and youve got to love what it reads - "Space Peace"

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Even though i have a 3ds with 3 fire emblem games, S.t.e.a.m. And Stella Glow(those who dont understand, all of these are tbs games) i'll buy this game just to support the devs.

More games like these need to exist. I might not play this game, but Risky Lab will get my money anyway.

3. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    This is not a complaint or anything like that; although I’m new to AW like games, is it usual to take hours to finish just one game? I’ve been playing Sector 3-4 for three or four hours, Day 25, but still can’t seem to end soon because both players forever going back and forth. Could more experienced players finish a game like a breeze?

4. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Its a great game and i had my fun with it. Totaly worth the price.

But to give feedback: The difficulty curve of this game is a bit too steep for me. I played up to lvl 3-5 or 4-3 ( i don't remember this exactly) and gave up because of getting too frustrated. For me it seems that the later levles are only winable by chosing from the first to last round the correct move pattern. If you miss this pattern in the first 2-3 rounds there is no way to win. Or the game will take forever and finally end with your defeat after several hours. Thats for me a big bummer cause i like strategy games that give you more than one way to solve a problem. Im talking about the later levels and maybe im wrong with this.
    The Powerups give more options to heal or power up the army, but they never changed a game once i made a wrong decision.

I think the devs of this game understimate the frustration factor of players that play for hours one level and have to restart it. They lose so many players for the multiplayer part - cause the campaign is like a tutorial for this and if players don't finish the campaign, they won't go on to multiplayer. There will always be hardcore gamers out there who want the hardest difficulty to challenge their skills. Thats why i like to have a easy, normal or hard setting in strategy games. So everyone can chose what he prefers.

5. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    As a massive fan of Advance Wars I've always bemoaned the lack of a similar game on mobile. But this really does hit the nail on the head and has such an AW vibe, whilst still managing to be individual and very much its own game. Outstanding...

6. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Easily one of the best games of all times. It gets much deeper and compared to Advance Wars it's clearly on par. Nice that the Devs decided not to do with the cutscenes that were reminiscent in AW. Those would kill the battery faster. This is the type of game that I don't mind staying plugged in for. Happy to see they finally released it from the beta too. I'm sure I could have ridden the beta to the end. But I bought it the night it dropped to show support.

7. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I remember AW being difficult, and back in those days there were no YouTube walkthroughs - only GameFAQS. I banged my head many a time against the wall, but it made pulling off the win gloriously awesome. Soon enough there will be walkthroughs out there if you get too frustrated.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    What an amazing year for mobile gaming! Warbits, crashlands, and puzzle strike are my favorite for the year so far and we are only into April.

9. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I never followed the gamecenter bug issue but I guess I must have it as I have a check maker for iCloud but an x for signed in. I try to open the gamecenter app and it just goes to a white screen and appears to freeze.

I'm on the latest iOS which might be the problem?

I hard reset the iPhone 6. Ideas?

10. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Yup, sounds like the GC-bug. Only solutions that seams to work now is the download the 9.3.2 beta. It's easy and quick and it works like a charm, at least for me.

Pedroapan

11. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Bought it and love it.

One comment (or maybe it's just me), if I move a unit (I think it was a light or heavy infantry) but don't attack right away before moving another unit, I seem to lose the opportunity to attack with the first unit. Is it just me or did anyone else experience that?

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, that's how it works. You can move before choosing who to attack, which is really useful in Fog of War as it means you can roll up next to a hidden unit and attack.

Once you select a different unit though, the first unit is done for the round. I don't mind it. It forces you to plan which units to move first.

13. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to remember that.

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Do you have TestFlight installed? If so, make sure all your TestFlight apps are installed and updated, reset the phone and try GC again. Worked for me. Or wait for iOS 9.3.2 which I've heard fixes it.

15. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks. I don't have test flight. I guess I'll need to wait for 9.3.2z bummer!

16. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I am on 9.2.1 right now and had the GC bug as well. Did the 4 steps the dev posted on Twitter I believe and it worked fine!!

I try to remember:

1.log out and in with GC in settings
    2.shut down device
    3. Use this hard shut down afterwards (home button+close button on a iPhone)
    4. Settings: time setting to automatic

Worked for me! Great game! Very close to AW but they do have 1-2 new units and the super power thing is handled different.

Also a great map variety :)

17. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Only bad thing in my opinion is the fact that games take way too long!

I would love the option to start a quick game that is played like advance wars back in the days! That means a game in one go! Each turn like 2 minutes! That would be perfect!

18. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Ok, any advice, tips, etc..... for a complete noob at this type of game.

19. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I might have a bad internet connection but when I try to go to GC via settings it also doesn't let me do anything. It doesn't seem to respond or give me any option m.

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Try to capture cities quickly to increase your income

Likewise try to stop your opponent capturing cities, or getting an advantage by having more cities than you

Make intelligent trades when attacking. Your troops are going to die, make sure more of theirs die by using the right counters