Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
  2. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks Andy for posting the manual. I downloaded the game, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Love being able to read a manual!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The manual's actually listed in the app description, but yeah...it's fantastic. Wish it were implemented into the game as well, but you can always save it to iBooks for quick access. ;)

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Was excited to play this! First couple of single player matches were fun. Then I wanted to try multi and got a :(

Apparently work turned off Game Center access for multiplayer games. So unless this gets multiplayer without Game Center, I am stuck.

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    iOS 9.3.2 should be released soon, so, we can fight each other every single day, single hour.

6. Sky_High

Sky_High New Member

Mar 10, 2016
    I'm logged in to gamecenter and it works with all my other games but not warbits :(

Is this a bug in the game?

7. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    I love this. Are there plans to bring it to android? I have a friend that is on android, but we grew up playing AW together so this is what we've been waiting years for basically. A modern AW that we can play over the Internet together without our busy lives getting in the way. Please tell me it is coming to android eventually! :)

8. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

#108 Risky Lab, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Hey Sky_High,
    I'd try force quitting both GC and Warbits, and then firing them back up.
    Tapping Versus should initiate the GC login.

Could also just be due to a slow data connection. Try wifi, or cellular depending on your current source.

Game Center is a fickle beast. Shoot us a DM on twitter if you're still having issues.

Crzychkn, spread the word! We'd love to make Warbits for Android, iOS performance will determine what we can/can't do.

9. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Going to get this when I get home and have WiFi available again.

In the mean time, how does the gameplay compare to that of Battle for Wesnoth (probably my favorite TBS game)? Not talking about fantasy vs. modern or campaign length but strategy and fun factor.

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I was waiting to see some reviews... but then caved and bought it anyway. Looking forward to actually playing it now - though it's encouraging to see 11 pages of comments already!

11. raravan

May 18, 2014
    #111 raravan, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Wesnoth veteran here.
    this game is way better in terms of get used to it. that's perfect for mobile.
    but the fun still the same here, so, push the buy button man!

12. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Is the multiplayer real time?

13. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Does it have any type of unit advancement system like BfW? Or are the units you're using on stage 1 essentially the same units you're using on stage 20?

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    My GC works with all other games/apps... It's just this game it don't work on :(
    I've force quit warbits, but still same problem. How do I force quit GC, so I can try that

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Sorted, had to click versus and then custom, and it popped up that I am signed in to GC :)

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great stuff. If you or anyone else wants to drop into #2v2, I've been waiting for a game to fill up for ages! ;)

17. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    No, this game is turn based so you can think a while before moving, and one online game will likely take several days to complete. However you can have many games going on at the same time so you could always have moves to make when you check it.

18. raravan

May 18, 2014
    nope! but i highly recommend this game to you anyway! so much heart and polish all around this creation.

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Awesome game. Usually I don't buy GeForce reviews but enjoyed my flight because if this game! The art of creating a manual is gone so your manual is amazing!!!

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I honestly think this icon would make an awesome icon with the border and all. Would be perfect for the lore with clicking the manual or icon to start up the war games simulator.

I definitely think an update or something should put the manual inside the game at least. Too beautiful to have to check the internet or click a link to look at something like that. And it'd probably help others play better as well.