Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

Campaign starts off as a tutorial and by the last sector is quite challenging. I wouldn't call the AI brutal, but the later missions can seem that way.
    You can also play locally on 40 versus maps against any combination of AI and friends. You can easily have more than enough fun without Game Center.

Anyways I'll get out of here. Have fun y'all! If anyone has any specific questions fire away.

2. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Just picked this up. Will post impressions soon.

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    It seems like it's not as frequent past the starting zone, but would love an option to "skip" dialogue.

4. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    picked up the game this morning, even though i'm not usually a big fan of games like this. Seems pretty cool so far, pretty bummed that the graphics aren't updated for the 6 Plus screen though :(

5. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Great game! Big fan of Advance Wars back in the day, so this is right up my alley.

Don't know if this was mentioned, but I have this bug where it says empty game under my turn. These are phantom games that I never started or finished, they just showed up for some reason.

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Thanks for clarifying! Important info here..

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Solamente le hace falta las animaciones en batalla para que este juego este perfecto

8. having lots of fun. Online matches work pretty well. Haven't hit the difficult section in the campaign. Would love a scrimmage mode, where you can pick a map, and pick a difficulty to go up against the computer. The mechanics to this game were really well thought out. Hats off to Risky Lab!

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Can you make units using factories, like you could on AW?

10. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    You can do it with custom battle :)

Play a little bit longer and you will come to the stage that unlock the factory :D

11. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I didn't play it too much, but I loved the time I spent with Advance Wars. I was a little hesitant at first to purchase but what the hell, costs less than a 12 oz. Red Bull and I'm sure it will be much more satisfactory. I've bought some pretty so so games for $3, hell, even $50 when I used to play console games. This looks solid, I look forward to firing it up tomorrow. For now, sleep calls!

12. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I would have preferred we could set a move time limit, similar to what Playdek do. I personally think 48 hours is way too long and would have liked in some cases even a 5 minute limit for more synchronous matches.

13. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    5 minutes man some people have lives to lead but I agree 48 hours is absurd, maybe 12 tops? I thought online was live matches #

14. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I've been really enjoying this game so far!
    One suggestion: it would be very nice if the three buttons that pop up when you press long on a unit could work like a flick keyboard so that you don't need to release your finger each time you would like to check unit stats.

15. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I have to say, I love the war simulator aspect. With so much violence in the world, it's just nice, enemies settling differences through a fun strategy game rather than real war and casualties, all that #. It fits the visuals and mood of the game as well with its eye popping colorful graphics and cheekiness. Besides, if you want to play a grittier war game, there are about 15,000 of those on the app store. If you're looking for a modern take on a gba classic you've got it. I didn't play AW a ton but this still has the memories going. Between this and peter panic 2016 has been a good year for gba tributes.

16. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I'm signed into Game Center but game says I'm not. Any ideas?! Read I'm not the only one...

17. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yeah :(

18. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Front wars is like AW too