Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #61 mkaen, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Does this game have push notifications to let me know when it is my turn? I can't find it and seems like a critical feature that is necessary for online, turn based games.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Push notifications are via Game Center. Check that you've got notifications enabled for the Game Center app.

4. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I will download when/if the GC bug is fixed... For those of you not using GC, and using Tags instead, do you find that there is plenty of action for PVP here?

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Tag matches still require Game Center. iOS 9.3.2 beta seems to fix GC. If you don't want to download the beta, it will hopefully get a full release soon.

I've got 7 tag matches on the go at the moment (5 2-player, 2 4-player) and they all seem to be moving along fairly quick against different opponents.

6. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Does the 4-player online match feature a two-team match? Or is it all free for all?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The review looked good but it doesn't seem to have much in terms of Single player in regards to the review. It talks about mainly how good online play is and honestly I'm probably never going to touch that. So I'm not sure if I would enjoy this game when it seems mainly catered to online play (which is what a lot of people are interested in on this thread it seems).

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #68 mr_bez, Apr 14, 2016
    Both are possible. You can use the FFA or 2v2 tag if you want one or the other with random players. For custom games, you can choose when you create the game.
    I played it single player for a few weeks in beta when my Game Center wasn't working and had no complaints. On top of the Campaign (which I still haven't beaten, and which you can replay to earn Gold/Platinum medals for each level), all the 2-player and 4-player maps can be played with AI opponents (or AI teammates on the 4-player maps if you choose a team match).

9. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for the info and imps all. Maybe I'll see ya online once I get a little practice.

Downloading now!

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    and AI in this one is super smart.

11. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Same complaint here, although it's not really a complaint. Very polished and fun game, and I was a huge AW fan so this is a very welcome homage to that. I just find the shell/story a little to cutesy and would rather see more of a battle instead of simulation background. Minor thing tho. Really great game

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    AW2 Days of Ruin was pretty dark.

13. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #73 Bloodangel, Apr 14, 2016
    I'm signed in to GC, it works fine in everything and other apps.
    But in this game, it says I'm not signed in, but I am.
    What am i doing wrong, or is this the GC bug?

I hard reset like someone suggested a couple pages back, but still same

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    In the multiplayer matches, can you set a timer (or is there one installed) that has a move time limit
    I this is very important for me as the downfall of, for example, Hero Academy was that there was no such limit and sometimes when players got into a losing position they would stop playing or even stall matches intentionally.

15. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

You have 48 hours to take a turn. If you miss it it drops down to 24, then 6, then 1.
    If you take your turn it'll jump back to 48 hours.
    Hope that makes sense.

Oh and if both players miss their turn it will pause the game so it doesn't just bounce back and forth forever.

16. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

Oh and we're SUPER excited that you guys seem to dig Warbits.

Working on something for 4 years can start to feel like an echo chamber.

Huge thanks to everyone that picked up a copy!

17. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    GC isnt working for me either but I Just had tons of fun by myself with a 4-player local multiplayer.

I stress this - I was playing by myself on a 4-player match and it was good.

18. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    So is the game worth getting if Game Center doesn't work? I'm sure not having a multiplayer option would make the game boring after some time.

19. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I have the GC bug and had a blast with the campaign during the beta. And there's a stack of maps you can play against the AI. I'd recommend the game if it was single player only. 2.99 is a steal for this. And GC will eventually be fixed.

20. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #80 JohnnyClash, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Pretty much same here.. Its a short campaign, and by the look of it, the campaign is mainly intended to 'teach you the ropes' for head to head play.. I may download after GC Bug is nuked, but we will see..

Going of Pocket Tactic review.. For those of us who prefer not to play asynchronous, the AI only has one setting and is super brutal.. so..