Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a beta tester and I have just purchased it. :)
    If you like Nintendo's Advance Wars you will like this also. It somehow fills the gap of AppStore not having this type of game. It should have been released years ago but it's ok, now we have it. :)

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, what he said. No one "owns" the tag, so it just persists on the Warbits servers and anyone can use the tag. You can view the leaderboards and the number of players for any tags you've used (#TouchArcade still only has the two of us).

3. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Don't the Great Little War games fill that gap on iOS? This seems similar to those, which seem similar to Advanced Wars

4. Tingel

Tingel New Member

Feb 13, 2016
    nothing beats the original imo. Just bought it last week at 40€. Phew. Lucky me.....

5. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    What if you have the Game Center bug? Can you still play this online vs random opponents? What about the campaign? Does this game function without GC?

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    @bez

I sent you a message. Send one back; I'm intrigued to see if it keeps a message history or not.

7. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I hope so :D because nobody can guarantee the bug won't comeback after ios 9.3, so it's much better if dev have their own server :D

8. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    To any of you former Hero Academy players...does this "scratch that itch" at all??

I'm dying for a game even remotely similar to Hero Academy and this looks like it MIGHT be?

9. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Wordclass implementation of AW mechanics; AAA design and polish. Only detraction for me so far is not being able to skip through the annoying commentary. Really hard to believe that there's not been an AW clone of this quality before now. Perhaps there was and I'm not recalling. Worth every penny. Cheers!

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Outwitters also like AW

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    You cant play online with bug it seems -.- Otherwise works

12. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    How does it relate to, say, Outwitters and Uniwar? I'm not familiar with Advance Wars.

13. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Id like to know this, as well. I believe you could also include Great Little War Game with those titles.

14. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    #54 Pedroapan, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Outwitters and gbwg uses hexes, and this is squares for starters. Outwitters is more of a puzzle to me. Moves and attacks cost wits, where these are "free" in Warbits and gbwg. The damage is fixed in outwitters meaning you calculate your whole move in advance. Here damage is calculated from a lot of factors; current health, type of unit, type of land and health of opponent (?), which makes this less of a puzzle to me. Different units deal different damage to different units, a bit like rock, paper, scissors. More polish on this one regarding presentation, but outwitters has a more complex matchmaking system with different leagues.

One big advantage here is the campaign and the ability for skirmish versus AI which outwitters lacks.

Some differences but if you like outwitters and gbwg you will also like warbits.

Sorry for lack of structure. Writing on phone.

P

15. honeybadger

honeybadger Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Never played Advance Wars, but I'm liking this so far. It does remind me of Great Little War Game, but it seems like there's more variety in types of units (I could be wrong though it's been a long time since I played). There's also a city capture mechanic, which I don't remember GLWG having. I only played through the first sector, so there may be more to find.

16. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014

great explanation!
    i'm beta testing the shit out of it and must say that this game is truly special.

17. webdaffy

webdaffy Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Hi folks,

can't get GameCenter to start with this game.
    No I don't have the GameCenter bug, ALL other games run well.

I see the Warbits achievements when opening GameCenter directly
    but GameCenter it is not connected when I open the Warbits app.

Any ideas?

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

try to hard reset your device, it works for me.

19. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Joined the #TouchArcade tag and looking forward to playing with the rest of you. The tag system is a great idea btw.

This game is awesome so far, highly recommended!

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011