Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This is the first game I can't get GC to work with. I'm on iOS 8.1.2, I never upgraded and I refuse to upgrade to iOS 9x.

In the Warbits options screen, it just has an X and says Not Signed In (and below it, iCloud sync is active and working just fine). If I go to the settings app and scroll down to Warbits, it is completely empty, there are no options present.

I can sign into GC just fine, it is active right now (I can even see Warbits achievements, which of course are not tracking) but it just refuses to sign me into GC while in the game.

Edit: also I have done multiple reboots. GC working fine with everything else, just not with Warbits.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I was part of the beta and this is a no brainer for Advance Wars fans or strategy gamers in general. Very well done and highly entertaining!

If I have to nitpick, the only thing I disliked was the story shell, where you're playing on a simulator instead of an actual battle, it just makes it less "serious" and I guess I prefer my war games with a stronger tone. It's a very minor complaint of course as the battles themselves are well done with a nice difficulty curve.

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #23 MetaGonzo, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    @Tinsel

I had the same problem. Press the small # icon to the left of the settings and setup with a WarBits id, takes 2 secs and solved the problem.

My only issue now is that I seem to have to choose an existing Game Center friend to play online, no random opponents. That's going to put quite the damper on things as I can't see many/any of my friends being into this (excellent) game.

Edit: nvm, looks like that's what the tag matches are for. As a tester I should probably know this!

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Try going into settings in the warbits app and enabling gamecentre there?

5. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
  6. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Loved advanced wars so just bought this. Hope it comes to android as well.

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Just skimmed through the manual pdf and it seems like a Great Big War Game.

I mean that in a good way.

8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    How long will the sale last?

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, I've never played Advance Wars, so has anyone got any impressions a bit more nuanced than "it's like Advance Wars"? Looks great though. Love the funky anime styling, especially given that the developer is based in Texas.

10. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    It's a classic turnbase strategy game with modern-like unit design and theme base on modern millitary ( of course this Warbits it's cuter :D )

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    So multiplayer is against random opponents or just GC friends

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You can start Custom matches against friends or compete in "Tag matches" against random opponents.

Basically, you can give each match you play a hashtag. There are some featured tags which you can use, like #Warbits (the default) and some others whih have special rules, like #BootCamp for new players and #FogOfWar, where Fog of War is always enabled. Each tag has its own leaderboard, too.

You can also make up your own tag, like #MeAndMyBuddies. You'll only be matched with people using the same tag, so you can share this with your mates and have your own custom group with its own leaderboard.

I wonder if anyone's created a #TouchArcade tag yet?

13. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I did just that a few mins ago. Bring it on (if you want an easy win # )

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Challenge accepted! #

15. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Great! Thanks for the info. A good way of doing it actually.
    Does the hash room close, once the creator leaves n goes offline? Was wondering this, as if guy above has created toucharcade one, will it close off once he leaves?

16. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I don't have it open waiting for Bez to have his go, you get a notification when it's your turn. I imagine that once the tag is posted, it's up permanently. I assume that when someone enters the tag it takes them to that lobby like the featured ones.

17. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Seems like outwitters, but with bigger maps. Also some great big war game thrown in

18. Skylez

Skylez Active Member

May 15, 2015
    there is a map editor?

19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    No, but that and sea units/maps are top of my wish list.

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    It's finally here! Been following since the beginning of development :)