Universal Warbits (by Risky Lab LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Finished it just a few hours ago so I thought I should try to help while it's still fresh in my head ;) I wasn't very quick though (28days).

I started of with sending the gunships left and right to destroy their Ballistas before they could do anything about it while also sending infantry with aircrafts to the left and right to conquer the uncontested buildings. Brace yourself for the initial attack through middle with some medium and one big tank using your artillery and the 2 choke points! I also stopped the enemy from getting the factory and airport mid!
    Then it was basically me working my way up top on 3 lanes simultaneously. I could have ended earlier but I wasted time conquering cities which weren't needed anymore at that point.

Good luck!

2. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Is this by design or a bug?
    I had a ranger that was out of ammo. I put it on my hq. This has two effects: the ammo was not replenished, and I couldn't select any powers anymore. In a tense game, where I was trying to salvage whatever possible being on the loosing end, I just dug the hole a little bit deeper for myself #

3. Risky Lab

Risky Lab Well-Known Member

HQ does not provide health or resupplies. If a unit is occupying the HQ tile, powers are disabled. We wanted to keep it consistent with the Factory and Airport mechanics. This helps prevent turtling.

4. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    I have an issue regarding multiplayer.
    Sometimes, games I am playing appear and mention they have been waiting for me to play for 1 day, even 3 days.
    But I am checking regularly, and I was waiting for my opponents to play in those games.

This is sad, because I now have a bunch of games waiting since 2-3 days, and since I noticed this bug, I don't know whether my opponent is lagging, or the game is lost somewhere, on a server.

I was complaining about people not playing fast enough. But are they?

5. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This happened to me once on a custom game, not a tag match. Is your case the same or different?

6. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    On a tag match, never played custom game

7. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I am pretty sure this means your opponent skipped his turn. If they don't play within 2 or 3 days it is your turn again but the game still says your turn since 3 days (1 day if he didn't play the next turn and so on). You pretty much won that game cause he gave up.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yep, if they miss progressive turns, their turn time gets shorter. I think it goes "3 days, 1 day, 12 hours, 6 hours, 3hours, 1 hour".

The reason it says "Your turn 3 days ago" is because that's what Game Center says when their turn gets skipped due to inactivity. It's weird, but if you look on the Turns tab of the GC app, you'll see the same.

9. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    Ok, thank you all for clearing that up.
    Does anyone know a # with enough ppl, who play regularly. By that I mean a turn asap (2-3 h max), with the occasional 8 h break to sleep?
    It's a good game, but if you have to have 20 games open to play a turn every 2 h or so, I am not gonna stay with it.

10. MrFairbanks

MrFairbanks New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    My brother & I would like to vs the AI online. Is this possible? He on his phone, me on mine against two computer players.

11. Hedron Engineer

Hedron Engineer Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Ah OK. Good to know. Thanks for the response.

12. Laborious

Laborious New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Developer and designer
    Yeah! Looks fun!

13. thewizaard

thewizaard New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Really enjoying this game! Two questions:

What does the percentage mean that pops up when you attack a unit? How is that calculated?

For tag matches, is it only for 2 player games? Can you do 4 player games in a tag match?

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #214 mr_bez, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    4-player is only possible in the dedicated tags: #2v2 or #FFA.

Each unit deals a different amount of damage to other units. This depends on the type of unit (each unit is strong or weak against other units) and the armor stat of the defending unit.

This gives a base amount which is then adjusted by a few factors:
    *Terrain occupied by the defending unit (-10% of the base rate per point if the terrain has a defensive boost, or +10% for dirt)
    *Health of the attacking unit (directly relative to the attacker's health).
    *Health of the defending unit (damaged mechs and air units have lower defense, relative to the amount of gealth they're missing. Infantry units don't seem to have a similar penalty).

When you attack, each 10% is worth 1 unit of health. It's rounded to the nearest 10%, so 16% and 24% will both remove two health points from your target.

15. thewizaard

thewizaard New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Thanks! So you can't do friend only tag matches with 4 players, only randomly assigned opponents in 4 player tag matches, correct?

And to clarify, you are saying that the percentage you see above an enemy unit, every 10% you see (rounded) is going to do 1 point of damage to the enemy unit, correct? Thanks!

16. Risky Lab

If you go to Versus>Custom>Online you can set up 2,3, and 4 player games with Game Center friends.
    You are correct in that 10% damage is 1 point of health.

17. MrFairbanks

MrFairbanks New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    So Game Center friends only, no AI?

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, no AI with online opponents. You can have AI in local multiplayer though.

19. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Hey friend,

I've currently have a problem 'connecting to game center' when trying to join a new game.

Is there a quick fix??

20. Risky Lab

If you go to the Game Center app does it sign in, or do you see a white screen?

If you see a white screen you have the Game Center bug, which is rumored to be fixed in the next iOS update.

If you log in, I would try force quitting both Game Center and Warbits.
    Open Game Center, Open Warbits, Tap Versus and wait for the Game Center login banner to appear. Once it (hopefully) does you should be able to move into Tag or Custom matches.