Universal Warbands: Bushido (By Red Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, thanks for the details, it helps a lot. From the sounds of it, solo campaign is just a straight slog through AI opponents then, no story or character/miniature development. Shame, had higher hopes for this one. Might pick it up if the scope of the campaigns broadens a bit but think my money might be better spent elsewhere for now.

2. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Price drop/sale from $3.99 to $2.99.

Looks like the developer is stomping bugs and shoring up the multiplayer, and the aggregate scores are creeping up into the low 80% range.

That's the first time someone has clearly explained the single player game. You should write reviews for pay.

3. mcmc11

mcmc11 Member

Sep 11, 2017
    this game is alway online?

I want to buy a game.
    Do I have to be online all the time?

So the plane won't play on the plane.

4. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Hey,

So is the pvp real-time or is it where the AI controls a player made team ? Is lag an issue?

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yes you do need to be online to play

6. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    It is real-time, there are some timers but they are relatively sensible timings, no lag really but as it’s turn based not sure what lag might look like! Often in PVP mode if there are not real players and AI will play and you can tell as the moves happen quicker ;)

7. Jerm

Jerm Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Any way I can earn money in single player? I am not really a fan of grinding online multiplayer for a game I have paid for, to unlock all the stuff!

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guys this forum been quiet have any of the updates made this game better?

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Is multiplayer async ?

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Bought the game this morning and basically couldn’t stop playing it.
    I guess the quirks reported must have been squashed with the various updates because so far I had a blast.
    Almost completed the Cuthroat campaign and played several online skirmishes.
    Loving it, basically Shadespire in Japan.

Back playing...must level up some miniatures.

Only thing I can’t press (locked) is friends challenges...but I get no explanation why...any help?

11. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Sadly iOS doesn’t support the duels as friends are not supported by Game Center (dev said this on steam). Still good, but got a bit grindy so my attentions had gone elsewhere, but recent update means I’ll get back on it at some point soon :)

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I see, thanks.
    Luckily I always found opponents so far so it wasn’t a problem, still toying with different warbands configurations in the multiplayer part but having a ton of fun.

I think I’m at the end of the first campaign in single player and it’s really damn tense.
    Didn’t have to grind or repeat a single mission so far so for now it’s all good, unlocked new minis and campaigns already anyway.
    Unlocked an awesome master ninja I can’t wait to try in the future (too bad it costs 5 to be deployed).

Really surprised by the game, it’s super deep too while still being accessible enough (the hardest part was figuring out what the different warbands color were for).

Awesome that it syncs between devices, even if i advice to start playing on iPad first.
    After you know the cards....iPhone if great for ‘just one more skirmish’ or ‘just one more campaign mission’.

So far I’m having a blast.

13. Cytona

Cytona Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Really hope someone else can give more opinions on the current state of this game. Been eyeing on it just because it looks brilliant and that the theme is very appealing to me.

14. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    #134 MulDeR, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    This game is currently in discount. Can anyone tell me if it's playable in it's current state? the battery compsumption is super high? really like it from the videos.

15. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I can't speak to the iOS version, I have it on android. The game is very much in playable form. The initial release had a few UI bugs that were quickly fixed in updates within a few days. I definitely recommend the game if you are into board games.

16. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Battery consumption?

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    By the way, does it have campaign mode? Do you need to play internet games to continue the story / stages ? Can be enjoyed without internet connection as single player? I like board games but I dislike the free2play model and such..

Thank you!

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I don't notice it drain any more than other games.

19. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know, that Warbands: Bushido switched to free2play a couple of weeks ago. Just in case, you always wanted to try the game out.

The reasons behind that are mostly technical. We have a brand new full cross-platform server for all of our platforms, and right now there're thousands of players from all over the world. Besides that, since our previous post here, we've added:
    - Odawara and Shadows single-player scenarios
    - new Cards of Orders
    - Ninja miniatures pack
    - Sohei (monks) miniatures pack
    - Duels with friends are now cross-platform too
    - Plus you can merge your main account with other devices

You can find Warbands:Bushido here on the App Store and Google Play Store.

[​IMG]