Universal Warbands: Bushido (By Red Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    As mentioned in a previous post, I was super hyped for this game but, due to the comments, i had resisted purchasing.
    Until this morning that is.
    I cracked in to my doubts and hit the download button...........

Since then I’ve probably played 4-5 hours so far and........I’m so glad I took the plunge.
    It’s a beautifully realised hybrid of a game.
    The only bug I’ve encountered was during the tutorial, not recognising it’s completion, and also a couple of times when some PvP games just froze at startup, all of which were cured by rebooting the game.
    That’s it,
    Now, I may be luckier than some because of this, but if any of you were like me and are just hanging on the fence, then I’d urge you to think twice and give it a go.
    I recommend visiting the steam forums for much more in depth game info and also a very useful game manual.
    There is plenty of solo campaigns (3 in fact) which need certain elements gaining before entry.
    Basically you do the tutorial, build a team, spend some in game gold to get new units and cards (not necessary though) then go PvP and watch your units level up.
    Once a certain player level is achieved and WP points allow, you can enter the first solo campaign.
    I’ve won approx 75% of my PvP matches so far.
    Anyway, if you want any agameplay questions answered please ask away.

2. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I may just reconsider & thanks for taking one for the team!

3. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Not into pvp so I'll give this a miss. Shame there isn't any actual singleplayer focus. Could have been a cool little game.

4. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    There are three single-player campaigns in the game.

5. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, sorry if I didn’t make clear, the PvP comes first, to enable you to get the experience to get to the solo campaign, which is a totally different way of doing things I agree.....but wow.....why not do this?

6. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Well that's ... a different way of doing things. Usually you go singleplayer campaign to optional multiplayer in every game ever.

How long do you need to grind multiplayer and win before you unlock singleplayer? And how long are the 3 campaigns? It's not just skirmish like or a complete joke I hope. Like is it actual campaigns or more of an afterthought?

7. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Same question here please##

8. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Same here on the grinding...now that's a sentence you don't hear enough...

9. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Updated...thoughts?

10. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Well you need to reach WP12 to enter the first solo scenario. In the 4-5 hours PvP play I did yesterday I made it to WP8.
    Each WP increase means you can have more units or stronger units in your warband.

As for how long the solo campaigns will take etc here is a quote lifted from the official website:-
    Campaigns and stories
    Warbands will have quite a number of single-player campaigns, where war and political intrigue will take you through different parts of 16th century Japan, and introduce you to various characters. Spies, ninjas, proud samurais and common solders will become a heroes and villians for dozen stories, each 20-60 missions long. And you will need all your tactical skills to complete them, and get your rewards.

11. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    It’s showing an update message for Steam client on my iPad, LOL.
    Go to the AppStore and says there was a new update 3h ago but no update button shows......just opens your current game client.
    Am I missing something?
    *sigh*

12. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    That seems like awhile just to get to solo play. I wish they had gone the traditional route instead. Also, thanks for the impressions.

13. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Not sure what solo mode is then? I can access one of the solo campaigns (cutthroat) after playing about 2 fights and no levelling up at all. Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick but Cutthroats is the 1st campaign and I bought access with the starter cash.

14. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, ignore what I was saying about WP etc you can access the first campaign, Cuthroat, straight away. I just hadnt clicked on the tiny blue icon to the side of the campaigns which took me to a separate character setup screen.
    Well at least I had a days worth of PvP haha.

15. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
  16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes I’m feeling the same way, but still on the fence -
    The main thing I’m worried about is that in a month no one will be playing and it’s a PvP focused game.

17. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Thanks Pagan. The 'little blue dot' you mentioned opens up the entire game for me. I wish they had made that clear in the so called tutorial. Little blue dot is a bit mean, why not little blue warband icon? Anyway, thanks for hint. Now, loving the game##

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    So could someone clarify for me please - is there a single player campaign, can it be played offline and is it any good? Or is it just a tacked on, half hearted effort to bulk out the game? Thanks.

19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Have to say, the updates have addressed most of the release issues that left this unplayable, and while still a bit sluggish on my ipad4, it's definitely tolerable.

Also glad to see the cutthroat campaign is open; I feel the single player rpg side of the game is likely to hold my interest far longer than multiplayer skirmishes. I assume this came with the last update.

Encouraging.

20. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    It’s online only.
    Here is some more info for the solo campaign.
    You pick your 4 or less units (max WP 12)and progress through approx 20 battles of varying difficulty. Not sure of the total, anyone?
    Health and armour do not reset so Tactics become increasingly important, though there is a merchant who will sell you armour/health cards for use in the battles.
    You can replay each battle if you wish which can be useful for gaining coins.
    You can also restart the mission anytime you want and pick a new warband. Something I’ve done 3 times now and still not made it to the final gate!
    As mentioned, I’ve had no bugs/freezes since the last update. Yay.