Universal Warbands: Bushido (By Red Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Me too! I want to play this game more lol. It's painfully to have to wait lol

2. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

#62 RedUnit, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Luci0, we'll have an update posted in a day or so, depends on how quickly apple will approve it. You use iPhone6+? Sry if missed that somewhere.

IOSgamer1980, it's mostly a PvP game, since it is a skirmish wargame simulation like Memoir'44 or Battle Lore. Even rewards for a single-player scenarios are mostly coins and miniatures, which can be used only in Skirmish battles. There're some AI opponents, but only to keep you from waiting too long to start a match.

We'll describe it more carefully in game info on next update. Sry if current description misled you somehow.

3. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Duped outta four bucks huh? Really? Compared to so many things in the App Store, this one is somehow incomplete and isn't worth four bucks? Cause the tutorial window didn't close on its own? Cause u haven't figured out what buttons do? Mkay

4. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The game's bugs make it very close to unplayable on iPhone. Roughly 1/3 of my games get a bug that makes the field unscrollable such that any enemy behind cards or offscreen become untargetable. Occasionally the clock will run on the opponent and nothing triggers; I'm forced to restart the game. And information boxes copy from one highlight over to other characters/items, giving you incorrect character info or even card info.

This game is basically in early beta.

5. Qvothe1331

Jan 23, 2017
    K I'm having some strange issues. But the one I wanna ask about has to do with single accounts linking with multiple devices.
    Wanted to play scenario so I touched one of em, and told me I hadn't met requirements, hadn't bought it yet or something. So I go to purchase screen and buy the 'Cutthroats' scenario. Still hadn't met a requirement I can't figure out yet, but there problem in having is that when I switched from iPhone to iPad, it says I purchased the 'Samurai' scenario, but not the 'Cutthroats' scenario. I never bought the Samurai scenario. Opened the app on my phone but said I couldn't cause I'm using that account on another device which I think is telling me that accounts are linked and what happens in one device is reflected in the other, like Hearthstone for example. So on one device I have one scenario I bought but can't use, and on the other device I have a different scenario I didn't buy (but says I bought) and can't use that one either. Any idea what's going on here? This a bug?

6. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Internet connection???

Why? This is a premium game,,,,,and i cannot play offline??:confused::(

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It's a multiplayer focused game.

8. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    The price doesn't enter into it. It's about principle. But, no, it's not worth 4 bucks. It's not worth 2 bucks. If a game is in a mostly unplayable state, it should not have a price tag attached. I didn't bother to state all the problems I ran into because it's too much of a mess for me to outline all of the problems. If I hadn't been charged for what is at best a beta version, I'd be more than willing to help. I've done so often with other developers.

That said, I haven't returned the game yet, as I do prefer to think the developers have good intentions, and perhaps just made a bad decision by releasing their product too early. Time will tell.

9. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Thanks! I'm using an iPhone 7 plus. I have been playing the game, but I'm personally hoping for single player campaign or tons of skirmish 1 player... I don't really enjoy PVP. But I'm totally in to this game, and I want it to succeed. Thanks Dev.!

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game had great reviews and feedback on Steam, I think it's just a matter of time for the iOS issues to get sorted out.
    I prefer PvP focused games, and was glad to hear that this game prioritized that.

Still holding off on buying it but getting much closer, with updates and devs feedback.

11. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    that's right!

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    You misspelt "mixed." Hth! HAND.

E2a: I'm here because I wanted to check out first impressions before buying. The lack of single player (no interest in pvp tah), persistent online requirement, and glitch reports have completely stumped that for me.

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Of about 450 reviews, 350 were positive and 100 were negative.

That's pretty good imo, for a genre that typically attracts strict reviewers.

Also, you misspelled misspelled. Sorry, had to point that out. #

14. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    I know that... but i wish play offline against IA....

15. Qvothe1331

Jan 23, 2017
    Game says it's working towards full release. So sounds to me like early access which games charge for access to all the time. I don't think the app store has any formal early access program, so they state it in the games description.
    And I could show you unplayable. This isn't it. There's definitely negatives and criticisms, but I'm playing it and enjoying it just fine. Got much more than four dollars worth of enjoyment from it already regardless of principal.
    Idk about the devs making a bad decision by releasing it. Sitting at the top of TAs hottest games, I'm enjoying it, and according to another user, 3 of 4 reviews are positive and I think that's probably across all platforms.
    There's enough information pre release to determine that the game could be a pain to use on a tiny screen, and if you waited a single day after release, you'd figure that out with certainty from user comments and reviews.

16. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Glad you're enjoying it.

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I hear ya, but this isn't the game for that.
    Check out Iron Marines, just released last week!
    It's a great strategy game for offline play.

18. Qvothe1331

Jan 23, 2017
    Thank you. I am. Sounds like an overwhelming majority is too. It's a good game. U should try it out.

19. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I'm enjoying it too, just I want it more lol! I look forward to the update. Need bigger text and more single player elements.. I don't mind paying for early access

20. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Agreed. Looks amazing. Barely playable. Could really benefit from a PDF manual.