Universal Warbands: Bushido (By Red Unit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    No thank you. I'll leave that for others more patient than me. I did not pay $4.00 to be a Beta tester. We all expect a bug here and there with a new game. That's just the nature of things. And if this game had been free to try, at least the bugs and incomplete design wouldn't feel so personal. When I purchase a defective item from any vendor, I return it. This should be no different.

I do not enjoy posting negative reviews, and rarely do so. If I'm not happy with a game I usually just move on. But when I encounter something like this, I feel it's not only necessary to voice my opinion, I want to warn my fellow gamers so they don't waste their money as I did.
    Venting done. I'll go quietly now. ✌️

2. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Thanks, shfrost!

We've actually found some bad looking issues, and they definitely will be fixed asap. Releasing both PC and iOS versions in one day was not the smartest decision for a 3men team. =)

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #43 Nullzone, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Thanks for stopping by, RedUnit, particularly on a weekend. Very much appreciated.

Pretty much seconding what shfrost says. Just writing down the issues I noted so far and offering rough outlines for possible solutions would take at least half a day, I guesstimate - full day +X is more likely. We are not talking about the occasional bug, but more fundamental problems.
    Basically, the game is still in a (late) beta state, and needs attention and QA accordingly.

That said, I'm open for a consulting engagement ;)

4. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    looks interesting game

5. Player789

Player789 Member
    Patreon Silver

May 9, 2012
    Pity that it is online only. Looks like an interesting game but will have to pass.

6. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I will watch it closely in the ta update section and in this thread and will buy it when it's bugfree. I'm not willing to pay for a beta test.

7. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    And here... .

8. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    And same!;)

9. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Make text bigger so I can read it please. And make the text not go away by tapping anywhere , I missed a lot by accident.
    I love this game, I had been waiting for it to release, and bought it without reading any reviews #,and I can't play it in its current state.. can't wait for the update!

10. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I posted previously that the game was currently unplayable for me, where various UI elements become intermittently unresponsive; parts of the game working one moment, then not the other. Today I give it another shot, everything works perfectly: I can edit warbands, I can purchase boosters, I can train, and skirmish. Excellent!

Unfortunately: after the first skirmish, the issues return.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @gmatter: I had the same issues with UI becoming totally unresponsive. Seems to be completely random, I tested around for an hour or so but couldn't find a pattern to it. Twice (I think) even shutting down the app didn't help. Did something else, came back later, worked again for a bit (but not too long).

12. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    why this game is online only ?

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I am reasonably certain it's because
    a) it has a strong focus on online multiplayer, and thus
    b) to prevent cheating in said multiplayer

Not ideal for folks like me who are mainly interested in singleplayer campaigns, but perfectly understandable.

14. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Lots of questions aren't getting answered despite the dev's presence in this thread.

-How long is the single player?
    -Is it true that you only progress your character/cards/etc with online play?
    -Can I play skirmish matches against the CPU?
    -Can you create an offline mode like the Age of Rivals dev did?
    -Are you planning on expanding single player at all?

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #55 Nullzone, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Nownow, it's weekend after all ... cut them some slack, willya? ;)
    If they come back sometime next week that's perfectly ok in my book.

As for your questions:
    1) Don't know.
    2) Pretty sure that yes, I even think it's mentioned somewhere in the thread.
    3) Currently not
    4) Would be nice if they did it
    5) The devs mentioned two upcoming content packs, and if I got it right those will be singleplayer campaigns.

16. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I really want this game to succeed. It's awesome, just needs update badly

17. Billy Yankee

Billy Yankee New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I'm Luvin' It!

Veryy cool game with the miniatures to collect and upgrade - and cards (ccg) ... nice blend!

18. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    But I paid them. If they need beta testers, they should be paying me!

19. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #59 IOSgamer1980, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    So ... if there's a period of time where nobody is playing, I can't make any progress?

Can you even use your figures and cards from multiplayer in single player, or do you get pre-defined resources to use separate from the multiplayer? If that's the case, that's pretty lame. But on the other hand, if you can use what you've built up through multiplayer in the single player campaign, but can only make progress developing it in multiplayer, that's gotta be the worst bit of game design I've seen since Deus Ex Invisible War.

This is the most poorly thought out game I've ever seen in the appstore, if these assumptions are true.

I don't even care about the always online or the possibility that single player is skimpy out of the the gate. If those were my only two problems I'd have bought this by now and been singing its praises.

20. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I hope an update soon ;)