Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Opinion poll: which of these two IAP purchase is preferred: 2x money forever -or- 2x damage forever?

I'm not sure which will make the most noticeable difference in progression, hmmmm.....

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    got it! Thank you!

3. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    FM, what's the idea or purpose behind auto aim? I feel like that kinda ruins the game.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Honestly. Money. It will allow you to get more upgrades although later on even with this it will be slow. I honestly suggest buying both. I really really recommend buying all of the permanent IAP's. The double perks help for the next regeneration tremendously.

Billy

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It doesn't for me. I use it on the levels when there won't be any hard bosses so I can more quickly collect the minerals. The faster you collect them the more pop up. Cash is the name of the game!

Billy

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

The way the game is set up is that it is a blend of an idle game and an action game (weird mix, I know :p). So basically, once you start to get to later levels and you're replaying the earlier levels that become super easy, you probably won't want to keep manually shooting... even with Auto-Battle, there will always be a time in the game where you have to start focusing in - shooting at long ranged T3 enemies and using your heavy weapons like sniper/howitzer on the proper enemies (around once you get to your "new best"). I think/hope as you play more you'll start to get a sense for why the Auto-Battle mode exists!

7. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    yes +1!!!!

8. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    This game is phenomenal. I bought $5 of IAP just to support them and I'll probably buy more. I love the blend of idle shooter and rail shooter. Buy the time you use auto-shoot consistently there are enough big enemies that you often need to snipe and use heavies. I also love that the auto-shoot gives you time to look around and zoom in on characters. The graphics in this game are gorgeous and have a ton of character. The design of the tortoise alone is amazing. I can just imagine the little mice Hammering on the boards for armor.

This is definitely my favorite game that has come out in a while. With the Hearthstone expansion having just come out it says so much that I'm playing this game more than Hearthstone right now!

9. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    What exactly does the 7-token double perk choices purchase doz? Does it double your perks or does it double your choices of perks but you still just get one..?

10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    This does look good but I will wait for GC achievements integration.

11. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Can someone explain the pros and cons of going to the next generation vs continuing with the current gen? I'm not sure what I should be doing.

Great game so far

12. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I was enjoying myself up until the point where I hit a wait timer to play again. That is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I don't care about iap or ftp but timers I do not appreciate. If I buy some iap will it eliminate the timer?

13. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    It's a continue timer, you're free to go to the next generation without waiting

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

From FM:

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Just had a chance to play for a little and so far nothing has turned me off or disappointed. I really like the ease of play mixed with the complexity of upgrades etc. while still actually interacting with the game. Not a fan of clickers as upgrades aren't the only reason I play so this is really neat.

One question. The next generation mechanic is just starting over with all your stuff plus some bonuses? Is that right or does it change other things, i.e., enemies or environment?

16. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    When you get used to the game and understand it... You will see it's the window dressing that's changed and the RPG/tower defense/dice rolling mechainces we have all come to love from FM is here.

It's a well thought out game.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You got it right. You start out way way stronger the higher the level you make it and the more perks you activate in the next generation. Plus when you first start out regenerating also unlocks troops.

Billy

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #118 amusing Grace, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    I died and don't have an option for a new generation, only timer for continue.
    Do i need to beat my highest level reached or what do i miss?
    New generation worked fine before.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, just read in the upgrade menu that i need to beat the level for a new generation

19. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Such a fun game. But it drains my battery quick.

20. paendamonium

paendamonium Active Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Really enjoying this game! It has a nice feedback loop, and I enjoyed the limited carryover to each new generation. One question: is it possible to reset perks without resetting all game data? I regret one of my wary choices, but I'm on generation 15 now and would rather not start from scratch.