Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Also sometimes when they do have a target it's only for a split second. They twitch but are still useless. If I'm lucky they might prematurely fire a rocket behind my tortoise.

I'm starting to play the game for the bosses only now, a shame.

2. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Most of the time the ads work now. Still not 100% but it got better.

+1 star for that.!;)

3. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm currently G10L158, and I'm starting to see why people have suicided over and over to unlock the other support units. I still think it's a good decision to level-gate the units, but they're spaced too far apart. I'm not too keen on starting a new generation right now, and knowing it'll be another 5 generations before I see a new unit is making me wonder if I should start jumping generations, or if I've just gotten my fill of the game. Either way, the time I've put in so far has been well worth the few dollars of IAP I bought.

4. flame10

flame10 Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Please pardon my total newbie question, how are the secondary weapons like mortar used?

5. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Automatically! Think of the gun carriage like gun towers with shorter range (get range upgrades ASAP) and the mortar as...well...a sentient mortar?

6. Rk550

Rk550 Active Member

May 6, 2016
    Hope there's an update soon the community is all but dead, same on Reddit. If there's another forums that's active let me know

7. Phantom42

Phantom42 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 23, 2014
    Game Ending

FYI the game doesn't end at level 2000 (based on the leader boards, I thought that perhaps the game ended there, but you would have the option to continue afterwards). So, if the game does have an ending (it is supposed to, see post #127), then it is either a very high level (maybe 5000 or 10000?) or maybe it's based on purchasing all the upgrades (I'm getting pretty close to that, so maybe that's the end?).

Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you wanted to get to the ending and thought that it was close. If I get to the ending when I fully upgrade everything, I'll write back and let you all know.

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #1048 LordShad0wz, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Update is live!

2 words!

Holy Shit!

Satellites! Poison darts! Being able to choose the level you start at! Other new units! Tweaks! Being able to choose the game speed! Quick spend!

I'm spending another $10 when I get home. That makes $60 on this game lol you keep updating and I keep spending. This game really is game of the year contender for me. I absolutely love the satellites. I did NOT see that coming and I love it!

Amazing update! Well worth the money! Thank you devs!

Billy

9. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm glad War Tortoise is still living! Loving the new animals & tower. The new option that changes the game speed makes my iPad Air 2 to some extent laggy, though.
    So I accidentally skipped the description of the Satellite Tower. Could anyone tell me how it works?

10. Phantom42

Phantom42 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 23, 2014
    Problems with the update...

There seems to be some problems with the quick spend option (but it seems to favor me, so I'm not complaining too much :). I've got almost everything unlocked and maxed out. After playing the update for a while, I now have 4 items that aren't maxed out: damage for Poison Dart Assassins, damage for Beaver Scouts, damage for War Zeppelin, and damage for Support Tortoise. I just did a quick spend when I had about $2B cash (I think maybe 2050M or thereabout is what it said). I had 3 of the 4 damage levels raised with the quick spend option. In particular, the support tortoise damage went from level 386 to level 406 and the war zeppelin damage went from level 687 to level 702. That's great, but it's obviously way too many levels. The cost per level of the zeppelin is about 480M and the cost per level of the support tortoise is just under 900M. The cost of 20 levels of support tortoise damage would be about 18B and the cost for 15 levels of zeppelin damage would be roughly 7.2B. Combined, with just those two items, it would have cost me about 25B without quick spend. Since I only paid 2B, that's a really nice discount...

By the way, I'm loving the update. The 4x speed up is really nice. The quick spend makes things a lot less tedious as well. I'm also really glad that the random perks includes cash once again. Keep up the good work!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Also it wasn't in the release notes but I'm happy to report the behavior of the Sparrow Squadron is fixed. They are staying down range and they are attacking enemies! I am very happy! I will put cash into them now. Thank you devs!

Billy

12. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Whoa! Was not aware an update was coming out, can't wait to get home to update and check out the new stuff!! Thanks, devs!

13. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Excellent update ;)

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #1054 LordShad0wz, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    I've literally been playing all day. I am getting surgery tomorrow so after I wake up I'll probably play the rest of the day tomorrow too. Lol

Really amazing update! I'll keep saying it. This game is a game of the year contender for me. I've definitely spent the most money in this game out of every other game this year. That's for sure. It's worth it to me. Id rather my money go to devs and games like this.

I can't wait to see what's next lol. I love watching the darts jump around. I love the satellite tower. It all just kicks ass.

I still want a fourth active hero. Yea yea I know. But I can keep hope alive!

Billy

15. Rk550

Rk550 Active Member

May 6, 2016
    Love the update but it has caused a bug where my gun carriage range perks have disappeared. I've been slowly adding them with the free ones but it's only at 400m now. It was above a 1000m before the update.
    Hopefully you can figure this out...great update

16. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Great update, and great timing too. Because of Pokemon Go and some other games, I haven't had as much time to play this one, and I was thinking of stopping. I'm on a 5SE, but it's basically unplayable at 4x... and not even at 2x really. Looks like I'll stick around longer!

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm so happy to have the money percentage appearing in the perks menu again! I'm telling you my next generation is going to be killer lol.

Maybe I'll break the game. Hehe

Billy

18. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    The General skill is not giving a bonus to the other units... or am I missing it?

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #1059 LordShad0wz, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    I just switched him in on my game and it appears to be working. All of my units are turning bright green when I activate him.

So for me he works. But you are not the first to have the issue a few messages back someone else said the samething. So there must be something to it.

Devs I'm still requesting buttons to activate the Heros. Especially now with the x2 and x4 modes. It's insane to try and tap on them. Can't you put their button on the edge of the screen please? You can make it an option that way those that don't want it won't have to have it. It would really be helpful for people like myself. Especially for those of us on smaller screens.

Billy

20. Phantom42

Phantom42 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 23, 2014
    Fully upgraded

Thanks to the bug in the quick upgrade I had mentioned in a previous post, I have just now finished purchasing all upgrades in the game. The game didn't end when I fully upgraded... So, if there really is an ending, then it must be a rather high level (5000? 10000?). I don't know how much longer I'll play without knowing where the limit is...

Also, I'm curious whether anyone else is effectively invincible now after the upgrade. I haven't died a single time since the update (and I've gone maybe 200 levels or so since the update came out ; previously I would die every 20 or so levels). I don't know if it's the new units, or maybe the enemy damage was cut back, or maybe the types of levels that caused my deaths previously are much less frequent or in some way altered. Prior to the update, I would only die when just about every support unit on the field had first been wiped out (not quite all, since the heroes don't seem to die, the support tortoise doesn't seem to die, and my mouse assault team have so much health that I've never seen one of them die). Once all the rest of the support was wiped out (including gun towers), the enemy would pile up on my a lot faster. With the update, I'm suspecting that the new units are the main difference, since the more support units, the more spread out the enemy targeting is (so it takes longer to kill them off, and by time they are all killed off, more are likely to have regenerated now), plus the poison dart assassins have high health so I don't think they are dying off either.