Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I dislike any game with the word "idle" or "clicker" in it. But I'm always interested in "hybrid" type games from Fousaken Media. So I downloaded this game just out of curiousity. I'm basically hooked now :)

It's fun, challenging, engaging, and polished! Did I leave anything out? Once again, keep up the great work.

2. quadzi

quadzi New Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I had an issue where my save in Heroes and Castles 1 got overwritten from the cloud somehow and I lost everything (including things purchased via IAP!) and they sorted me out in a hurry!

Great Devs and awesome customer support. Every time they put out a game it takes over my iPad and so far War Tortoise has done just that!

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Same here...

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Great game. Well done foursaken! And i agree with the other people the guys from Foursaken are always honest with what they say!

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Mainly playing on ps4 right now due to the lack of good games on iOS, at least for me.
    However, I will drop my controller in a heartbeat if Foursaken is releasing something new.
    Cant wait to download this once I get home.

6. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Loving the game, but I wish the upgrades were a but more explained, particularly the stats on the support units. Does that sparrow only hit air or something? It's hard to discern by myself due to the constraint on the view angle.

7. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #87 proof21, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    prob solved

8. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Buy a token pack and don't use the tokens?

Seemed fairly obvious to me as that's what I did.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Lol, same thoughts, even worse with auto-battle. You don't want to read my censored thought about this...this feature, lol, each to his own.

Though i won't spend too much time with this game (it simply goes too fast too hard on my old eyes, sigh, little 5s), Foursaken knows magically to transform a simple formula (All is Lost) into something special and unique.
    The impressive lively and gorgeous art work with day/weather circle, but especially when looking at all those gorgeous enemies through sniper vision, simply wow!

Foursaken strikes again. Good luck!

10. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    This game has a ton of strat...

I'm loving Bee Drone leveled up to L10... 1 gun tower, under carriage gun, sniper L 15, Howitzer, mining towers...

I had these leveled up a good bit... On generation 8 and called in the boss... Heh... Hit him with the Howitzer, then 2 sniper rounds and I barely took off 1/2 health... Then boss fired once and smoked me =)

Game might say idle or clicker but your CONSTANTLY engaged upgrading and wisely spending your cash for best upgrade.

Another fantastic game by a great group of people.

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    This is only an idle clicker if you want it to be. You can manually aim, or let the game aim by itself (but gun has less accuracy this way). Auto battle is optional and just 2 taps to toggle on or off at any time.

Edit: If I were to implement anything for the lazy people it would be autobuy, similar to in H&C2

12. ult

ult Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    If accidently touch the perk button it shows me perks to choose from but doesnt let me click away or decline if I dont want any. I have to literally force close the app and reopen it.

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #93 Duivs, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Or as a simple alternative, tap the left or right side of the screen :rolleyes:

Edit: thought you were talking about the new generation screen, my bad

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

This is by design so you can't keep regenerating perks to get whatever you want. But I suppose accidentally generating the perks could be a problem....

Also a general tip: weapon upgrades are key! They multiply the damage of a single unit of the squad by 4x - this also means that the damage upgrades for that single unit are increased as well!

Also note that perks affect both the units base Damage AND their upgrade numbers... So the cost value of units changes greatly based on your perks.

15. ult

ult Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Nope tapping on left or right side of screen doesnt work. Just tried 3 times :p

16. ult

ult Active Member

Jan 20, 2013

I wasnt referring to accidently generating a perk but mistakey clicking on the token coin and it brings up perks - you cant click or tap away - you have to choose a perk

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Did not get it. When i upgrade my machine gun that means that my e.x. mouse assault squad damage is upgraded as well?

18. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah... the token coin is what generates the perks... but I get what you're saying.

There was a short tutorial popping up the first time you tap weapon upgrades which explains it, but obviously not well enough, so we'll have to check that out at explaining things a bit more! :p But I'm referring specifically to the "Weapon Upgrades" category upgrade that most support units have (the hammer gear icon under mouse gunner squad, for ex).

19. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    cute little game, dunno if i want to drop 9.99 for the 125 star pack, but i did it anyway because i wanted to support you guys. I hope you guys make a Heroes & Castle 3 :)

20. whodawhanow

whodawhanow Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    FM, I think it's high time you guys did a good old fashioned long-winded RPG. Your games are amazing and the way you combine genres makes the games that much better (My personal favorites are the H&C series). I would literally drive to Raleigh and throw money through your mail slot if you made a good Western RPG in the world of H&C. Something that was like 15+ hours of gameplay with a NG+ option.

::drool::

Any chance of that in the future?

I_am_Who