Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I didn't know you guys were in Raleigh. Do you have an office or do you work your magic from home?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok once you get auto battle thats kind of cool. So how often am I supposed to do the next generation thing? Can anyone explain that?

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yep! We've got an office downtown :)

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Keep playing! I don't see how the heck you can be bored with so much to shoot at and unlock and upgrade.

As to achievements maybe you could give a list of achievements you'd like to see? As I keep saying these devs are very very responsive to feedback. They are already going to address some stuff like adding an IAP to get rid of the pop up ads. Who knows maybe they could add achievements for people such as yourself.

Billy

5. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Wow, I'm proud that you guys are local. I always enjoy your games.

6. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    I don't understand - So you balance with or without IAP? I'm not sure how you can have it both ways. How does my experience change if I pay?

I personally don't want my games to be easier, nor do I want to pay to basically skip content or feel skilled, so should I just not pay you?

(Serious question - I like supporting devs)

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I mean we balance our games without IAP in mind, so the game should feel good without buying any IAP. There are various Store items that don't necessarily make the game easier, but are still valuable, such as generating double perks to choose from, or starting at a certain level, etc.

I would imagine many people will have different ideas about what they find value in which store items ;) for you for example I probably wouldn't recommend double damage or double money.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Any suggestion on what IAP I should buy to send the FM guys some deserved $$$? TIA

9. gucciipad

gucciipad Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Fun , but challenging. If you don't save your ##and upgrade. Ull have a hard time with levels. This is the best f2p game I've played so far. 5 stars. Game of the week. Can't stop laying. This has been on my radar for a long time.

10. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    Ok so I'll ask the question directly - if I want to give you $10 or $20 without impacting my gameplay, what should I buy?

11. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #71 proof21, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    I'm sorry I just find that extremely hard to believe bug wars 2 takes forever to unlock characters, it totally feels like IAP was kept in mind.

And this game even more so. I don't mind, and I appreciate the fact that the devs have to make money. But to say this game was made without IAP in mind just sounds dishonest as ever.

Sorry I didn't want to offend anyone, but I just find that really hard to believe.

12. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    These guys are some of the most straight shooting honest people... They have done a lot over the years for the mobile gaming community. You will be hard pressed to find a better group of people other than the ButterScotch group.

13. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Foursaken's games are tough. Yep. Thank goodness, too. However, you don't have to buy IAP to unlock bugs in BH2... I remember I had 10 really quickly due to the star system and bought IAP because they freaking deserved it.

However, we really try to avoid waxing poetic about the cost, FTP, IAP, etc. and having the same blablabla discussions in Foursaken Media game discussions here at TA. It really is overdone. Unless, someone's adding a great idea like an ad remover unlock or something of value... We're just too busy enjoying some of the best iOS gaming you are going to get out there, by an indie developer, trying to do some new and creative stuff.

So, back to the game...

Did I accidently click past a cutscene to start or something? I feel like I'm missing some purpose or story about what's going on here, bros.

14. proof21

May 25, 2012

Agreed, the butterscotch bros seem very nice. And I didn't have any issues with forsaken bros until that statement, it just felt creepy.

I don't know how someone can say this was developed without IAP in mind with a straight face.

Anyways....here come da flames

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#75 Foursaken_Media, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    I think you misread/misquoted what I actually said... I said we balance our games without IAP in mind... We're a business and we can't make games without making money, so of course we develop our games with monetization in mind. But again, we don't balance the actual gameplay with IAPs in mind at all - that is the one thing we will never do.

In BH2 for example, heroes are for gameplay variety - they don't fundamentally change anything about game balance and in fact you will never progress any further or faster by buying new heroes, so any "grind" in that game is what it is whether there was IAP or not.

16. proof21

May 25, 2012
    I appreciate you clearing that up, makes more sense now, thank you.

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

edit: nvm :p

18. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

19. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Are the Next Goals the only source for free tokens?

20. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015