Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Will definitely give it a download, and see if the diffculty flows well with me :)

2. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    How is the difficulty?

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #43 LordShad0wz, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    It's meant to be pretty difficult at first. Once you regenerate and get a bunch under your belt things become a lot better. You'll start unlocking the beetles and the sparrows and they own. I've made it to level 287.

Having the permanent IAP makes a world of difference and utilizing perks helps tremendously.

The devs won't like this but in the end it will make them more money but don't use tokens for in game cash. It's not worth it at first no matter how tempted you are. Once you have enough regenerations that you can unlock support tortoise and get over level 100 and start regenerating less and really want to push it so your next regen really gives you amazing perks THEN use the tokens for cash. But be sparing. Make every token count. I think tokens are better spent on healing if necessary or for next regen perks. Once you start regening less they are even better for the 3 instant perks. That's what helped me get to level 287. It's worth the 15 tokens.

Billy

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    yep - great stuff - just one thing and I may just have missed it. Is there any way to inverse that Y-Axis. It's giving me real trouble aiming.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Iirc, you need to reach a certain stage to unlock auto aiming, which makes it a lot more akin to clickers as you dont have to aim anymore. It could help in the aiming as it's auto then, but will feel a tad bit different than when you need to aim.

6. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Reminds me a lot of iron brigade, which was excellent.

7. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    It's strange to me that people are raving about double damage and such being a good thing in F2P. That just seems unbalanced and/or game breaking. I don't want things that make the game "easier", which I can only imagine double damage would do? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd rather have a more balanced game and pay for content (or the game itself of course, but I seem to be in the minority).

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It doesn't at all. Not one bit. Not that I don't like things easier. As you progress the game is really really hard. Even with all of my upgrades I got my ass handed to me in level 287. And I had things maxed. I didn't aim fast enough at the wart hog lobbing massive ordnance at me.

The purpose is to keep getting better and get further. So in reality it doesn't unbalance anything.

Billy

9. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#49 Foursaken_Media, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Keep in mind some of the balance was pretty off in beta for quite a while :p With all that excellent beta feedback we went back and redid a lot of the balance to get a smoother game curve for launch!

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Although I can definitely see where you're coming from, (believe it or not :p) we balance all of our games without using any IAPs, so the game balance is not adjusted for those things you mentioned. We include them because we know many players love that kind of thing and its a way we can make some income.

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Good to know, EP - would still love an inverted Y-Axis until I get there.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Will definitely see about adding this in the first update!

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Great game. Almost got caught playing at work. And I did only see one ad as well. Now to figure out which IAP's to buy.

14. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    The IAPs are restorable?

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Played the first 2 waves, great work!

But please I am happy to send you $$$ to skip those ads. Thank you.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its ok I guess I mean I am not in awe or anything but maybe I need to play more....

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    There's full iCloud save back up support so all purchases are protected.

Billy

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yep! Also if anyone has any data problems they can email us and we'll sort it out.

19. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Thanks! And thank you Billy!

20. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    I get bored and there is no achievement items