Universal War Tortoise (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Apr 27, 2016.

1. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I would like a way to get rid of the ads too. But the game is great, they are awesome devs!

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    There are kind of timers if you repeat a generation too many times. I'm currently having to wait about twenty minutes until my next game. Which is cool, as gamers gotta eat, but they are there...

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Actually that is just to continue - basically the time to continue increases with each death during a single generation, which is basically like a "soft life system". However, before we get slaughtered because of "timers", you can always instantly go to the next generation and keep playing to your hearts content (our rule of thumb is after you've died 2-3 times, its probably time to go to the next generation anyway as its likely getting too difficult to keep going).

There is basically never an instance where you cannot keep playing the game if you wanted to just keep going, which is the most important part for us! Also of note is that in War Tortoise going to the next generation gives significant bonuses from the outset (unlike some clickers where the 1st couple of prestiges barely give you anything).

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    put the your device in airplane mode and that fixs that,

5. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Haha, didn't want to get on your case or anything, but I was so close to buying a sparrow squadron for the first time before dying and having to wait. Such is the price of grinding for one weapon, I guess.

Have you thought about a perk to play through at x2 (or more) speed? I can imagine, even after gaining all those damage multipliers, there'll come a time when I'll pray for one.

Loving the game, by the way!

6. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Cool,and not let the developers make money on the game?

7. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    and thats what IAP can be used for. To support the developer lets have a IAP to remove the adverts.

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Do want to note there is just one ad at boot-up (or when you come back to the game after minimizing it)... nothing in the middle of the game or anything like that. Honestly we didn't anticipate it being any kind of issue, so we'll definitely talk about adding in something to eliminate ads. Right now a $.99 purchase wouldn't be worth it to eliminate the ads being that there are so few, so we'll have to think of some other perks to go along with it if we go that route.

Glad you're enjoying it! Yeah we had to have a penalty for dying in a game like this that revolves around progression, otherwise you would do just that - save up for the best units immediately with no repercussions :p Really its just a way to softly push you into going to the Next Generation bc its such an integral part of the game. Their primary purpose is actually not to get players to pay money - I hope that comes through.

We actually have thought of some kind of "fast forward"; what we settled on for now is what we have in the store: for 1 token you can permanently start one level later after each next generation, which is kind of like a speed-up (so for example if get that perk x5, you'll always start on level 6 after every next generation). You also start with whatever money you would've earned by playing those levels as well, so you're not missing out on any cash.

9. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    GC achievements (yes, I'm an achievement junkie) would be my main request.

Other than that I actually can't fault it so far.

Superb.

10. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Glad to hear that latter part. I didn't buy that perk to begin with because I worried I'd be wasting that first level's money.

I've decided to heavily invest in mines next generation. That way I can play a whack-a-mole mini-game while my turret's on autopilot.

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Until IAP to remove ads i'm not interested.

12. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    OK, but it's your loss, really. Unlike Hungry Shark, etc, I have only clicked maybe three interstitial ads, tops.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Just to make a note, there is only one ad at the very start only... no ads of any kind pop up in game or during the game.

14. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I love every foursaken's games

and I'm think of some IAP(always I don't pay but this game is solid)

what upgrade should I buy?
    I want to hear your opinion

I'm thinking of coin doubler or damage up

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Bestiary?

Is there one or am I missing it? Be cool to look at the creatures and read sbout them... So far the cast seems huge and its a whole new world and myth to explore!!!

16. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Fantastic and addicting. Controller support. Great look and feel. Nice work.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #37 LordShad0wz, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    You want:

Double damage
    Double money
    Double perk

These are single permanent purchases using tokens.

Billy

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    They've already said they will address it. These guys are very willing to listen and incorporate feedback.

Billy

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Get this. Don't hate on the F2P, I have faith Foursaken have done it right.
    Stop reading. Download.

20. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    thanks a lot to reply me
    I bought those 3!
    (but a bit expensive....)

well let's kill enemies!!