War Tortoise 2 - Idle Exploration Shooter (Pre-Order now available!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Not sure what our BH plans are... personally I loved the franchise, so hopefully we revisit it at some point!

2. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

And thanks for the interest in beta, guys... hopefully we'll be posting a beta link very soon (either tomm or next week) - so stay tuned!

Sloany, Spoon18 and Gory like this.
  3. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Fmw07, Gory and KeKhan like this.
  4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    awesome and congrats!
    i’ve been replaying WT1 just to get amped for this and it’s still the best “idler” on mobile (or anywhere).
    would you prefer feedback here or through testflight?

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks! Preferably either Testflight, or in our Discord (https://discord.gg/foursaken)

6. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Managed to get a spot.
    Will definitely try it you. I played all your games since the start so I already know what to expect and I am quite eager to try this one! I will also try to leave a review here as people who didn't manage to be in the beta will have some insight too :)

7. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Get in! Got on the beta. Love you guys!

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Downloading now and will check it out right away. Will save data transfer over to release or reset?

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Since it beta, we don't like to guarantee anything - but I have no reason to think it wouldn't (it would take some major issue or rework of some kind for things not to transfer over).

PraetorianX likes this.
  10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Question when will it be released to public

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We'll be shooting for a mid to late Feb release. Will have a specific launch date next week, most likely. Unfortunately still a lot of "fill in the blanks" type of stuff to do before launch, such as localization and optimizations

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I am still unable to play, since the first update - it hangs at 37% in the loading screen. Every update I hope it gets fixed, but same problem. The most recent update has it load to 42% now, but still just hangs there. It was playing flawlessly before the update that broke it.
    I submitted feedback via testflight every patch , but I am not sure you’re getting them.

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

What device are you using? Also - what is your GC name (we can take a look at your profile to see if there is perhaps some relic of something that got changed that is preventing you from booting up)?

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    sorry for the super late reply!
    i am using an ipad mini 4, and my GC name is .:iBex

still unable to play, about 5 or 6 updates in now. i was hesitant to delete and redownload partially because i had gotten pretty far, but also because i wanted to preserve the bug for you to fix it.
    but if you think it’s a relic and i should just reinstall i’ll go ahead and see if that fixes it.
    again, i should mention, the game was running absolutely perfect prior to the update that broke it so i don’t think it’s a hardware issue, although the ipad mini 4 is starting to age.

best idle game ever, btw and i have a lot of feedback to submit once i’m able to play again.

15. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Any chance opening up more spots soon?

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #36 KeKhan, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    so i got tired of waiting and decided to delete and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem.

it is STILL stuck loading at %44 !!!
    makes me think it’s a Gamecenter interfacing issue.

i could really use some help, as i can’t test at all.

UPDATE: yes i can confirm that it stops loading as soon as Gamecenter login pops up. Going to try logging out of GC
    UPDATE: logged out of GC, but now it just prompts me to log in around 45% and stalls whether i log in or not.

would REALLY appreciate some help with this as it’s been weeks since i’ve been able to test. Seems likely it’s some sort of GC relic preventing me from moving past the GC login. HELP!

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Whats weird is we loaded up your profile on our devices and booted up fine... never heard of this issue pop up except for you - which means it might be tough to track down >_< We're doing some more investigation and I hope we can get you more info soon. We might try wiping your data and then giving you back an approximation of your progress...

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    thanks for getting back to me.
    that is so strange!
    i even tried logging in on a separate GC account and reinstalling but nothing.
    on the other hand, i am glad this is isolated to just me and nobody else is having issues.
    feel free to wipe my data and i’ll see if that works

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Ok we wiped your data - I would say uninstall the game and reinstall again in case there is lingering data locally. Let me know if that does anything!

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes!
    That worked. Thank you very much.
    So odd, hopefully it doesn’t happen to anyone else. Sorry I couldn’t help you pinpoint the issue.
    I will definitely leave some more feedback in Discord, after I’ve explored the numerous changes since I was last able to play.

Keep up the great work!