Universal War of the Zombie - (by Jacques Deul)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    War of Zombie is excellent! Made for the iPad. Over the top quality. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold your music off setting so that you have to turn it off every mission.

2. TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    semi-retired
    Tokyo, Japan
    Please make sure that when you turn off the music that it STAYS off.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    iPod 4 supported?

4. USMCounterS

USMCounterS New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Got to the same screen freez and mission completion ( but unable to ever land chopper on deck ) we've all been bent about. I played around with trying diff missions or infecting other outbreaks and by chance realized that when I couldn't purchase more missiles / equip/ etc that if I moved the carrier into a very populated hostile area and then went time elapse forward a day or 2 or even 3 I'd eventually be attacked by neighboring unfriendlys' . Then the game MUST auto loop into the "repairing damage" screen, then the POOF my missing inventory/ purchase screen appeared. Then the next missions ran smooth, until the next freeze. Hope this helps and hats off to these guys... Great job, glitches accompany all new releases.

Ciao

TMO

5. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I find the game completely unplayable on my iphone 5. Please don't ask why,all I can say is everything is broken and the controls suck in the biggest way. I don't think they could fix it enough to make me like it. One of the worst games I've ever tried.

6. Smaggler

Smaggler New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Awesome

Great title, very ambitious. I like the game a lot! Can't wait for more updates. I have had a crash to Homescreen a couple times, I'm hoping those types of issues get resolved soon.

7. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    #87 footnote, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Tactics?

Seems like there are no middle of the road reviews for this, either people love it or hate it? I am curious about the tactics side, I believe a few people mentioned they are rudimentary and mostly placing units in order to isolate an objective. While the sim aspect seems interesting, I was wondering if any can confirm that there is a need for a certain level of tactics to really play this game? That is what it would take to push me over the edge to get it.

--

Nevermind, looks like the tactical side was explained and I missed it.

8. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    ^This

Can we play it on a iPod touch 4th gen?

Anyone know?

9. Maggot

Maggot New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Anyone that gives this game a good review is padding the review score or hasn't played it. It is riddled with game stopping bugs that make you start over since there is no save/load function. It's a complete waste of money & the developer should be ashamed to have taken people's money for this steaming pile of unplayable bugs.

The premise is good. The graphics are meh. Pathing and collision detection are atrocious. UI controls very quirky & unresponsive. Game breaking bugs galore. Can't skip the tutorial, and when you have to restart from scratch every 30 mins, that sucks.

Rarely do I feel cheated when trying a new game & not liking it. This one - I do. Go buy xcom & enjoy a truly good strategy game & avoid this one like the plague.

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Sometimes people play the same game differently, and for one of them it crashes every 30 seconds, and the other never has a crash. You know that, right? I don't think you should be accusing people of lying.

11. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    So far I am not enjoying this game. I keep running into bugs. First one happened during the tutorial... Lost a man and the tutorial wouldn't trigger the evac sequence. I think it was waiting for the 4th (dead) soldier. Had to restart. The pathfninding is terrible! Picking squad members to issue an order then having to tap them to deselect is not an elegant procedure. I'm hoping an update helps but so far I've stopped playing. I'm only at the second mission and just can't find any reason to bother playing further.

12. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I agree, don't accuse me "padding a score" if it works fine on my iphone 5. It has its quirks and seems like it is pretty ambitious (though I feel they left a few of their goals unfinished).

13. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I just bought Agricola and I'm pretending I paid £7 for it rather than £5... That way I don't feel so bad about buying War of the Zombie.

14. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I'm on an iPhone 5 and the game is atrocious. The game could be awsome but IMO its not even close to being ready to be released. There doesn't seem to be any thought put into this game to make the user experience good. This app needs to be pulled and reworked and finished before its released again. I think the dev should be ashamed of himself.
    I'm not willing to call anyone a liar but anything over 1 star for this is padding.

15. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    LMAO

There are many excellent games out there that people love warts and all (Stalker, Metro, State of Decay etc) regardless of bugs.

This game does have a number of bugs, both minor and showstopping. But neither have stopped me from clicking on the app again for another go! Is the 'one more go' quality not a sign of a good game?

The game is playable and if the devs input some more time on resolving the issues and exploiting some of the concepts they have already started then this will be one hell of a game.

For me, this has been the best release of the week.

16. Maggot

Maggot New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    #96 Maggot, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    Not once did I say crash. It is stable. However, controls don't get presented, controls go unresponsive, the game does not keep track of its state, along with the other things that myself and every one else have already said. It's poor programming and a lack of testing and QC.

I'm glad you are enjoying it, and if it was coded better I would as well. I /want/ to like this game. Unfortunately it's not written well, so the community needs to know not to waste 2.99 on a floater. I hope the developer fixes it - otherwise it's just a waste of money.

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Again, just because you are experiencing these things doesn't mean that everyone is.

18. Maggot

Maggot New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Re-read the thread. The vast majority are.

19. ngajoe

ngajoe Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    You got my $3, but I'm really disappointed in you. There's so much in the game that just isn't there. I won't say I was scammed, but this game is just barely at a proof-of-concept phase. Definitely not ready for show time.
    Half-baked and Not Recommended.

20. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Ignoring new accounts that just have 1 or 3 posts on TA (these can be sockpuppets, and lack credibility), I count about 6 positive, 2 neutral, and 2 negative.