Wanna help start a "Developers Against the Nickel and Diming of Gamers Initiative"?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by keifer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. keifer

keifer Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I think if we made a cool site listing the names of all iphone developers who are against the DLC concept and make badges for them to proudly display it I think we could have an affect in stemming the tide of shitty DLC. It may also shame some developers into stopping their practices (yes, I am talking about you ngmoco)

Anyone interested?

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    If you are referring to the fact that they charged $1 for a rocket launcher and a clothing pack, I think they clarified that it was just for show, and they won't do that. I think.

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    No...Think about it...

Games like X-Plane could really benefit from something like this. For example, you could buy one X-Plane game and then update that one game to include all the other versions of the game (Helicopter, Racing, etc.) for $5 or so. A $5 update is cheaper than a $10 game, plus you have one less icon to deal with. People will only download DLC if they want to, and devs will eventually be naturally labeled for bad DLC if they continue to create bad DLC. I just hope devs don't abuse the feature. We have to wait and see what happens with it before we go crazy over the whole thing :)

4. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I think someone said that atleast in the FPS they just did that as a demonstration. But idk.

This petition is an okay idea.... but do not boycott all the apps that do this... just the ones that abuse it... someone has to do this right, right? They would not deserve to be boycotted just because they did it right.