Universal Wandering Night (by ZLOONG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Second time a daily challenge got stuck on 81% loading after a break and reload, just like @ramzarules describes above.
    Think I'm done for now, at least until this kinda stuff gets fixed. Yet another example of not enough testing, which I'm thoroughly sick and tired of by now...

But anyways, it's a fun game with surprisingly more depth than I expected, that can keep you busy for a week or two easily.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #42 Nullzone, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Anyone still up for forming a TA Adventure Group?
    I am really having fun again with that mode, except that I lost my Murder Princess (500hp, 500 - 1000 damage/round) to their silly save system. So I need to invest a day or two into rebuilding.

Really went on a rampage yesterday, and unlocked everything including the Hell Mirror Pit.
    Was in a battle with the 23.000 hp (yes indeed) final boss of the first challenge, when I noticed I had enough Gems to buy the second hero (she's fun, by the way) and switched to Story Mode to try her. Coming back to Adventure, my murdergirl was back to square one, but with a metric f*-ton of skillpoints to kit her out.
    When/if I find time I'll post a more detailed strategy. In short:
    For Adventure, there's 3 Relics you don't want: Devil's Crystal, Mermaid's Tears, Cane of something (it's obvious).
    For your deck, roughly go for: 5 Iaido Strikes, 2-5 Swords of Pledge (I think 3 is optimal), 5 Sidekicks, 1-3 Equivalent Exchange (but don't upgrade those), 1-3 Combo, a bunch of cards that let you draw more (more details on those as I gain them back), and 1-5 of the card that lets you gain +max HP on a kill (you REALLY want those).
    Ultimately, you'll want to phase out as many of the default cards and cards that cost 2+, and have a ton of 0 cost cards.

More to follow when I find them time and got my Murder Princess back up to speed.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #43 Nullzone, Oct 28, 2018
    Huh? Now, what kinda crap is that again? I got the Skill to get more initial Relics in Adventure Mode, and now I'm only getting Money Pouches from (mini-)bosses and no Relics :(
    UPDATE: Ah, I think that's because I cleared those stages already. The money rewards are substantial enough to allow for just buying Relics.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How much have you spent on this game? Legit question, because I’m wondering if we’re playing the same Wandering Night here.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #45 Nullzone, Oct 28, 2018
    0 ;)
    Can't remember what exactly I got my Gems for. Played 1-2 hours a day since launch, and yesterday I had 2000. That was very much ok in my book. Too bad the other chars are way more expensive.

Have to add that it's a fun timekiller when I just want to relax. On a scale from "Duplo Trains" to "KoDP/Six Ages" it's definitely on the easier side, much less mental heavy lifting than e.g. Warhammer Quest 2.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #46 Nullzone, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Too tired to write a lengthy play report, so just a short:
    Beat the Illusion of Lust in 2 turns with the 2nd Heroine. My final attack did 8k damage ;)
    What I REALLY didn't like is that I again lost my super-pimped killergirl. Quite sure that's on purpose so you can't simply breeze through the challenges.
    Ok, only took me ~4 hours to kit her up. But still, don't feel like doing that 6 more times just to beat the remaining challenges.

Oh, that's important: Any damage you do to a Challenge Boss sticks. Mine just now was down to 16k from 23k hp, thanks to the 7k damage I did last run. Makes it a lot easier, but is offset by having to rekit after the fight.

Some refinement to my last strategy post:
    - You don't need Sidekick, Iaido Strike, and a bunch of other cards. But they make your life easier early on.
    - Instead, keep your deck as small as possible. Actually no, that's phrasing it wrong. Your deck can be big, you just want as many useful 0 cost cards in there as possible.
    - Get as many 0 cost cards that let you draw more as you can.

- One Pledgesword is enough, just keep upgrading it. My big one did almost 700 damage at +24 or so. My other 2 were at +11 each. Each plus gives (pluslevel +3) extra damage: +2 gives 5, while +50 gives +53. And that's cumulative :D The result is a bit off due to the +3 from above. But a +50 Pledgesword roughly gives n*(n+1)/2 = 1275 extra damage for +50 upgrade. Excellent bosskilller. +100 gives 5050, and we can just add the (level+3)*100 bonus for another 300 damage. Not that it matters much anymore when we reach those lofty heights.

- Bring one of the "Deal damage equivalent to your current Block" cards for the Challenge Bossfight. Thanks to all the Relics I had 100-150 Block with only using 2-3 +4 Block cards (the one that also let's you draw a card and costs 0). With extra Strength, Vulnerable and a lot of extra damage from Nightmare that added up nicely.
    - Bring 3 Nightmare Potions to deal even more damage. I only had one, and that already was the nuclear option ;)
    - 200hp was more than enough. I drained maybe 50 with Laura's Overcharge Ability. As the fight was over in 2 rounds, I didn't have to worry about eating damage from the Boss.
    - Due to the above, no need to go overboard with the +maxHP cards, 1-2 were enough for me this time.
    - Wait with buying & upgrading cards till you have the Relics that auto-upgrade new Skill and Talent cards. Saves a lot of upgrading that you can invest into your Pledgesword.
    - Max hand size is 10 if I counted right. Anything you draw above that is for naught. That's why we want all those 0 cost cards, so we can keep emptying our hand for cheap.

7. Mrsparrawk

Mrsparrawk New Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Male
    Hy everone, I just found this game and altho it s obiously a StS clone j really finde the dice mehanic quit refreshing and a good way to combat the RNG of the game. How ever - I m currently on the deamon chalenge (i think thats how its called, the stage after rhe 3th boss), and I got the error (ill include a image of it) and i cant log in now... Can anyone help? IMG-b74a777300f69097fae37636f017642f-V.jpg

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeah, this is why i stopped playing. 4 updates later, it still exists today unfixed.

9. KronosSoul

KronosSoul New Member

Nov 18, 2018
    Male
    I've been locked out of adventure mode, game keeps saying i've used up my adventure points. Anyone know how to get more?

stubbieoz likes this.
  10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Hadn’t played this in a while and guess the server is gone? App also appears to have been pulled from the store. A shame as this was a decent game.