Universal Wandering Night (by ZLOONG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Photos attached of me trying to do just that. So where does it give that option because I’m not seeing it?

Regardless, this game price gouges massively. It’s obviously a rip off of StS which I don’t mind so much as megacrit haven’t YET brought StS to mobile yet so that’s their call, but it’s clear there’s a heavy gem system trying to gouge gamers. If you want to charge for extra characters just straight up do it by iap (without gems!) and be clear about what we get for that purchase. Don’t hide content behind a gem system designed to nickel and dime players.

Otherwise cool game, hopelessly locked up by greedy gem diggers.

Attached Files:

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @Talbs
    That is the wrong screen you are looking at.
    After that screen you come to the start. In the bottom left hand side there is a small fairy that says “The best witch in the forest has prepared a blessing...........”
    Tap on her and you go to another screen where the 300gem for a 1500gem reward quest is.
    You can tap on that quest and if you don’t have 300gems you can go to the iap shop and purchase 320gems with a bonus 320gems for $4.99US.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    @stubbieoz

Thanks. I won’t be doing that but good to know. I maybe would have spent $4.99 or even way more depending, if they straight up gave us character(s) unlocks and made it clear what we were getting. This gem garbage, although everyone’s doing it, is immoral, if the plagiarism wasn’t already.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    This is actually quite fun so far. As well, would prefer pay-once IAP for other chars, but it's not annoying or somesuch till now.

Anyways, anyone up for giving that Adventure Party thing a try?
    If yes, send me a friend request ingame. I'm around as Nullzone, unsurprisingly ;)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    your ID? mine is 3037696

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #26 Nullzone, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    3127552 is mine. Just sent you an invite.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    3114752 I’m Baldruk in this game. I’ll add The above

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sorry, had a busy weekend, i’ll check it later.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    No worries, was just wondering if their system had a hiccup ;)

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #31 Nullzone, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    @aconfusedkender : Yep, that worked, seeing you now ;)

So, questions time:
    1) Did anyone figure out what the "Message List" does? You get it when you tap on a friend's name. But I can't write anything there.

2) How do I leave my own Adventure Group, so I can join another?
    UPDATE: Figured that one out, easy enough: You just need to abandon your current Adventure game from the menu.

@aconfusedkender Invite me to your group?

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ok, this is a fantastic card-roguelike, the only card game to hold my attention so much thanks in part to the artwork and in part to the excellent strategy!

But as the previous posters wisely said, it is severe in monetisation.
    I managed to defeat the first boss fairy, reached the second boss (dragon) by the skin of my teeth, almost won but died, and after all that, i get 10!!!! green gems, when the next character needs 2k?
    Do they know this? has someone told them on social media or otherwise? i'd gladly pay 10 or 20 eu for a full unlocked offline version of this. But atm its cost in in the 100s just for the second character.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @ramzarules I'm not sure how the Gem rewards are calculated.
    So far, I got 10-20 Gems when making it to the first boss, can't recall how many for the 2nd, and at least 300 or so for actually winning the run by beating the 3rd. Afair once I got ~600.
    Devil's Challenge after winning also gives Gems afair, need to doublecheck to be sure.
    Currently sitting on ~1500 Gems after a week or so of infrequent playing, so can't complain so far.

Didn't have time to try the extra dungeon you can get from the Fairy/Witch at the beginning, where you pay 300 Gems to get 1500 upon winning. Will report back on that, but can take a few days (very busy schedule currently).

Plus, the Adventure Group stuff also gives out rewards, but no idea yet what those are.

Btw, send me an invite? My ID is 3127522 .

ramzarules likes this.
  14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Sure, but if you dont manage to beat the second or third boss, you get almost nothing for progression (ie 10 gems) and since it is a roguelike, it heavily relies on luck to be able to beat the bosses to get those 300-600.
    Facebook reports say that you pay those 300 gems for the witch and she never gives you back the reward.
    I will play some more and see how it goes, will send you and the above posters invites - username R4
    EDIT : @Nullzone your id number sais player not exist

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @ramzarules Barf, typo :p It's 3127552 .

Too bad about the witch. Wanted to try that on the weekend, but looks like I'll pass for now.

About winning the run: I'll pay some more attention how many Gems I get for what and report back. I was very positively surprised when I looked at my Gem counter, expected something in the low hundreds and saw 1500 ;) Got there without putting any conscious/serious effort into it, which looks pretty ok to me.

Don't have the time to post at length about strategy and deckbuilding, so I'll just throw two tidbits out there:
    Go for as many 0 cost Cards as you can.
    Especially if you pursue a "as many cards per turn as you can" strategy, do not get the Mermaid Tears relic: That one limits you to playing max 6 cards per turn, which can be a serious hindrance. Every other relic I got so far did something useful and didn't obstruct me.

ramzarules likes this.
  16. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yea, the strategy in this is amazing! i win the later battles and the elite fights but i really have to think.
    also what i noticed, when you win a battle if you dont tap on the gold and you just proceed, you dont get it automatically.
    this and the autotargeting when there is only one enemy would be really good updates for ease.
    waiting on what you find for the gems :)

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    grear, now it wont even let me defeat 1 boss. i win, then it sais oops, devil cast no.1, you are sanctioned and makes me repeat the fight. I won it two more times and same loop.

18. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Wanna try this game, but the game doesn't launch in my country. :confused:

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hmph, only got 160 Gems for my last run:
    Those were all for winning the Quest, and far less than what I got so far.
    Devil Challenge after winning the Quest I went from stage 7 (couldn't scroll further down on the selection list, silly bug) to stage 9 or 10 before dying, but didn't earn any additional Crystals.

Got lucky with the Daily Challenge, this time it wanted to use Little Red - our starting Heroine. Will report back on that.

20. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    mine got stuck in the loop in the daily challange also. and after i tried a restart, i cant even start the game - it keeps loading to 81% and gets stuck there. Another person had the same issue. I am putting this down until - if - they fix it and the gem gain situation.