Universal Walking Dead: The Game - Season 2 by Telltale

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Cue

Cue Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Facing a different issue when it comes to Season 2 picking up my save.
    Even though never removed Season 1 from my iPad but did so with the individual episodes, Season 2 complains that can't find a save.

I can see the save when launching Season 1, even went ahead and made 3 copies to the 3 slots but to no avail. Telltale also remains quiet which is pretty upsetting considering bought Season 2 and can't play it the way it's meant to be played for now.

Has anyone faced this very issue and got around it somehow?

2. SBN

SBN New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    The first episode was awesome! I really cringed a few times and thought about taking a pause because it was so intense!

The first time it didn't find a save. But on a second try, it did. Thought this maybe has something to do with the startup process of the app (still playing on an old iPad 2).

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Powerful first episode of the season. Being a more vulnerable character makes the storyline even more convincing. I'll have to wait for every episode this time around :(.

4. Cue

Cue Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Thanks! Killed TWD Season 1 and tried importing again.

5. Justinq21

Justinq21 Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Quick question: can you delete TWD Season 1 app after creating a save on TWD Season 2?

I traded my old iPad mini for the new retina mini and unfortunately I lost my original TWD save. So I am currently re-playing season 1 and I'm getting ready to get season 2.

Unfortunately, Apple charges an arm and a leg for extra memory and I couldn't justify spending an extra $100 for a 32gb model. I walked out with the 16gb and I'm overall satisfied, but I do have to carefully budget my memory.

I am aware that TWD season 2 requires a Season 1 save in order to transfer my choices. However, after I begin TWD Season 2, can I delete TWD Season 1 entirely, or do I have to keep it?

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Bought this day 1 but just finally played through it. The story is good so far. Playing as Clementine is awesome. But what's up with the serious frame rate issues? Playing on iPad air latest version of iOS.

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    #67 spooky23, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    So, got WD season 2 installed. I've also got WD season 1 installed having just completed 400 days. I've removed the previous episodes (2 - 5) as I was told you don't need to have the eps installed - just the app. Is that actually correct because season 2 just attempted to find my season 1 save and it failed.

Has the save game been removed with ep 5 being uninstalled?

Thought the save game would be independent from ep installs.

Gutted.

edit: the only save game on season 1 is the 400 days save game. I never deleted the save game from ep5 by removing it within save games.

8. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I had to reboot my iPad before it could successfully pick up the save game from season 1.

9. AppsVerdict

AppsVerdict Well-Known Member

I love how TellTale make their games in general, but to compare.. I've found the wolf among us to be far more compelling.

Don't mean to step on any toes though, I think this one's good too.

( just maybe not as good :) )

edit: but I get that ultimately, that's just a matter of which story you like better

10. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011

My save game disappeared. Not played season 2 yet because I can't decide whether to play with random decisions or play from the start again.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  12. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Episode 2: A House Divided out March 6. Wooh!

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    What are you doing here? Episode 2 is already available for the iOS version!

14. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Since when? Not for me anyway.

15. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #75 Pipipitchu, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    I've just downloaded (I'm a US App Store user)

http://i.imgur.com/1bnL23wl.jpg

16. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Guess europe is late again then

17. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Since when does it show a timebar when u have to gibe an answer or make a decision? I remember that episode 1 of season 1 didnt have this?

And what has changed from season 1 to season 2? Do i have to beat season 1 to play 2 ?

Or diff story?

18. jamesmcadams82

jamesmcadams82 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    It was in season 1 from the start. You must have either just acted quicker without noticing or forgotten.

19. paco_ninja_taco

paco_ninja_taco New Member

Mar 7, 2014
    FINALLY. I would type longer but I have to go buy this.

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer