Walking Dead: The Game - Season 2 by Telltale Inc [$4,99 -> $2,99]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Pipipitchu, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You sir are a wish granter!

I wish to be super rich!

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Dumbed down? The first season runs smoother on the iPhone than on a PS3. There is a small graphical difference, but you can barely tell. Season 2 actually looks gorgeous on here, and I was seriously surprised. Mobile controls actually work better than the console counterparts. How is this dumbed down?

3. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Despite the specific nitpickings (like the PC version still having superior graphics, control, framerate etc.) it is still cheaper by about £11, at present, if you wanna get all the episodes. Which I did, last year, when it came out. (Or was it two years ago? I'm losing track of time.)

I'd like to get the first and second season on iPad, but unfortunately, the ability to play it on the go is not worth the additional £10 that I could save just getting it in the sale. You're right in that I should just "buy it on the PC," and at some point, I likely will, as there seems to be no other choice.

That doesn't render it any less unfortunate, as I would happily buy a cheaper copy of season 1, despite already owning the first on PC, followed by perhaps a fully-priced season 2. This would, financially, make sense, as from this point on, people that don't already have it are not likely to buy it unless a full sale occurs, because they can just get the whole game cheaper elsewhere for less.

Likewise, just because some people wait around for sales doesn't render your payment of the game, or your enjoyment of the game, void. I'm sure you feel good defending your full purchase of a developer's product, or whatever the reason, but that doesn't mean you should go around knocking people down for wanting something cheaper every now and again. As someone that has bought premium games of up to £15/$20 and also gotten games that have gone free, I'm not going to dump on someone that wants to wait for a sale. That doesn't stop you from paying out early.