GameClub Waking Mars (by Tiger Style) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2012]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Waking Mars is a nominee for TA Forum's Game of the Year!

VOTE HERE
    Developers cannot vote for their own game.

2. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    #562 Bryson, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Waking Mars is a game with an emphasis on exploration and puzzle solving as you discover new plants and new life and less on action. Superbrothers is a game that gets high praise from many sites and I found it rubbish. This game on the other hand is a masterpiece. GOTY contender.I have been playing it for a couple of days now and am close to the end. I highly recommend it.

3. dEaFTOLiGhT

dEaFTOLiGhT New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Great game! I just finished everything, but for some reason Game Center says 13 of 17 achievements (however I only see 15 achievements available). And the 2 that are incomplete are Reserach: Halid Zoa at 83% and Research: Hydron Zoa at 80%. What could I possibly be missing? I've obviously spent enough time around these lifeforms since I've gotten every room to BioMass 5! And all the research entries are checked in the game.

My save says 108.5% complete with 16950 biomass.
    Core power is at 72.

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    If your in-game research is all checked off, then your wifi/game center probably disconnected when you completed those 2 research achievements and didn't sync properly. This happened to me with hazards.

As for the 2 hidden achievements, there are actually 3 endings to the game, and 3 achievements. I'm guessing you've got the first one: Mars Awake. Keep exploring!

5. Taylor Ash

Taylor Ash Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #565 Taylor Ash, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    just bought for PC, game not saving

After enjoying Waking Mars on my android phone, I bought it for my PC yesterday. Not one qame or setting has been saved, even when the game assures me they are.

Is this a bug? could it be my PC somehow? What can I do?

I love the game, but I don't want to start from the very beginning every single time!

The game does not always save even on the room scale, as when Jiang goes back to the outpost just before it collapses I get the whole beginning dialog again. Although the screen does move to show the building I want and not the cave entrance.

I'll play some more and while I wait for an answer. Thanks!

eta: When I use the map to change rooms in order to hunt for zoa, the room I go to has lost the things I planted the first time through, and when I return to the room I left, it is also returned to the pre-visit emptiness.
    Argh!

6. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Update for newest ipad?

I'm still blown away that they have not fixed the issue of this game NOT working on the latest device, newest iPad, and no mention of plans too?!?!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. Taylor Ash

Taylor Ash Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #567 Taylor Ash, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    What is the name of the folder where the saves are kept? I see a note in the README saying for Windows 7 there's a new place called Steam, but there's no folder I can see with that name.

Maybe if I add the folder it will work better?

8. Taylor Ash

Taylor Ash Member

Mar 1, 2013
    1. continuing research indicates that resetting the size of the monitor in the game settings allows the Research to show properly. Smaller was the way to go for my odd-size monitor.
    2. Use the ESC key when the screen says "hit any key to continue."
    3. Change the permissions in the game. Read only does not work.

9. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    sale

on sale for $1!

10. Taylor Ash

Taylor Ash Member

Mar 1, 2013
    fun game

I doubt I will ever again play a game so filled with discovery and the joy of exploration. Thanks!

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I thought the same until I found Out There, its has the same "feel" (but are completely different games)

12. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    If it's the same "feel", i'm going to buy it. I was not sure about "out there", but if it can be compared with waking mars, such a unique and extraordinary game, now i'm sure.

Thanks ;)

13. Taylor Ash

Taylor Ash Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Ditto. Thanks for the heads up.

14. zipppzy

zipppzy Active Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Does this work on 3GS?

15. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Very enjoyable game. I was torn between buying it for the iPad or getting it in GOG for PC/Mac. In the end I went for the GOG version (as it had the soundtrack). It's a shame there aren't any GameCenter achievements in it (unless there is in the Mac version and I missed it)

I'm currently about 35% through it so far.

16. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I love this game as I knew I would but wish I would have bought it for PC. I hate the controls. If it were a point and click adventure they would be fine but for an action game at least give me the option of a virtual stick.

17. Sapphire697

Sapphire697 New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Blank, black screen :-(

Hello

I started playing Waking Mars for the first time today, on my iPad. Everything was going fine.

I was in the caves, the
    outpost had collapsed
    and I was on my way through the caves again to reach
    Base Camp

Anyway, I reached a load point, and the next screen loaded completely blank. Absolutely black. My little spaceman still had his jet (although he wasn't going anywhere as such, just zooming around a blank screen). I could hit the information icon, and a basic menu came up, but none of the options would work when I tapped them.

Is there a way to fix this glitch? Or do I have to delete the game altogether and reinstall it? I would hate to do that, and lose my progress, especially if I reached the same point in the game and the same thing happened!

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Awesome game

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Way to revive a thread...

20. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Seems like this game finally went on sale, it was on my watch list.

Is it still worth playing? Are there any issues with iOS 8 and Metal-enabled devices?