GameClub Waking Mars (by Tiger Style) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2012]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    #541 Mag, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    I really need some help I'm really stuck :(

At the Feranmaxes I cant raise the biomass enough, as there is just not any fertile grounds or those spider plants, for the cerebrate to open so I can get to that 0ct0 module

Also I managed to find 0ct0 but now I dont know where to go or what to do next...

How to just finish the game from here?

2. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    This game will not run for me or my friend on either of ours' New iPad (4th gen).

It works fine on iPad 2&3. Bummer.

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I ragequit during the weird source of the signal challenge, where you have to swipe around to find an image. Loaded the game up the next day and am no longer prompted when standing next to the statue with the text that initiates this challenge, and cannot complete this mission objective. I've moved on and progressed further, but this still won't resolve itself. Any suggestions?

4. David Tiger

David Tiger Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I haven't heard of this yet, considering the iPad 4th Gen has been out for months. Which iOS version? Have you tried restarting your devices? Send me a crash log please! (support at tigerstylegames dot com)

5. David Tiger

You technically don't need to finish the Signal Chamber quest line to get any of the remaining endgame content, so I wouldn't worry about it too terribly much, though that's a fun room if you don't get stuck on the visualization. I'm going to try to have a fix for this issue (where the quest gets blocked) in January, but you can also work around it by deleting the save file for Level_SignalChamber, and you need to grab iExplorer to get at the files on your phone.

6. David Tiger

Feranmaxes has a cycot nest. Check your research for info on how to reproduce the cycot.

As for endgame stuff,
    you need to get into the core. Find the level called "At the Gates" -- down and to the right from the Power Station -- and find your way inside.

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Hey David, thanks for the reply. You're right about it not affecting the game too much, I've completed all 3 endings since I posted that. I'm curious about the game completion % now, what's the maximum? I think I'm sitting at 105.6%. Is my botched signal room keeping my percentage down a tad? I hope the now-blocked off bio dome caved in rooms don't affect it. I wasn't paying too much attention to maxed out bio mass before it was too late.

Could you also look into unsynced achievements for that Jan update? I must've gotten unlucky with wifi when the hazards research was completed. Stuck at 88% completed in GC, but all checkmarked in game.

8. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    doesn't work for me either you aren't alone

9. Sphoofle

Sphoofle New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Hi, just got the game yesterday. Real fun! Though, I think I ran into a game-breaking glitch... At least, for a completionist like me.

In the map where Octo is, I almost completed it, but then I died. So when I died. I thought I would continue later since I've been playing for an hour, or something like that. So I exited the game and did other things. After a while, I came back, and the game reloaded. When I was put into the Octo map, I found myself with an empty inventory, which was fine since gathering seeds wasn't hard. But when I flew around the map, I noticed that EVERYTHING was gone, sans the platforms and the lava. When I tried going to Octo's remnant, no dice either. I've been trying everything, and I can't fix it. I don't wanna redo everything again. ):

10. David Tiger

That's a new one by me... somehow you ended up with an empty save file, which is not something that should ever happen. The only way to fix this is to find the save file and delete it from your iDevice -- use iExplorer

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Navigate to Application Support/Waking Mars and find the file corresponding to that level: S0_Level_OctosGrave.mars (or S1,2,3,4 depending on your current session). Delete the file and start the game again and that should re-kick that level to an unplayed state.

11. Sphoofle

Sphoofle New Member

Sep 9, 2012
    #551 Sphoofle, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    There's just one problem: in the application support folder, all the other .mars files are there, just nothing called OctosGrave_Mars. :/ Everything else seems in place though. I'm guessing there's no fix now? ): I've tried entering the area again, and even placing a dummy file so that it might crash and I can reload the map, but to no avail; it's still in the same state.

EDIT: Ah, I know the problem. The map that was glitches wasn't Octo's grave! My bad. It's where his third camera is. Sorry. Which map name is that? In the Waking Mars map, it's the Feranmaxes.

12. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Tiger Style; will you be able to address the issue of this game not working on the Newest iPad available, as this is not a confined issue. I already deleted the game, so I am personally not able to send you a log file. I suppose I could re-install if necessary as I really want to play this.

13. Zendu

Zendu New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Like many others, I am stuck at the meadows because I planted the fire spitters. Is there a way to reset this room? I can't get the room up to bio 4, so I cannot get lethe gorge working. There is no way for me to kill these bastards.

14. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    To people that have played Waking Mars

how is it that on some sites it can be game of the year (TA) but other sites it can get scores in the 60's (IGN)? how can a game supposedly so great get mediocre reviews as well? i want to buy it but at 5 dollars I am very unsure...can anybody help?

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    People have different taste. But ign is bad with mobile reviews I don't trust them.

16. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
  17. First number that came up was 98. So waking mars is way up there!

18. ChrisJT

ChrisJT Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    instead of the cool kids bashing mainstream gaming websites, you could help answer my question...if you go on MetaCritic u will see that several sites besides IGN have not given the game stellar reviews

19. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well I liked it. It has voice acting great graphics. Its not a action game but is metroid like.
    Its a game for relaxing to enjoy the atmosphere in.

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I installed iExplorer and fixed my signal room mission, thanks for the help!
    My new objective is to "seek more evidence of sentient life." I'm afraid that after completing the game, this objective will no longer be prompted. I traveled around a bunch of rooms and couldn't re-find anything, finally going to The Helm- can't get much more evidence than that! haha

Do you think I'll need to delete another room save?