Waiting for Review ... 5 days ??

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by CodeCritical, Nov 12, 2010.

1. CodeCritical

CodeCritical Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Hey everyone!

Our app has been "waiting for review" for five days now. I know people are saying it's an 8 day turn around on average, just wondering if everyone had this long "waiting for review".

Many thanks for any help.

Melia

2. Yup, five days is not uncommon.

3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    if i recall right apple changed the way how they display the different states of the approval process..

you you stay longer on "waiting" and have a quick "review" time. instead of before where you where shortly on "waiting" but several days "in review"

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yep I can confirm that with the past 2 updates we've done. Ours was "In Review" for about a week, and then in a single day it was approved.

5. teamskyfort

teamskyfort Active Member

Oct 13, 2010
    We had 7 days waiting and 5 hours in review.
    I guess you can wait for the good news in another 2 days.

6. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Nothing to worry about. Apple can "review" and "approve" your apps almost immediately. They choose not to. My guess is they like to have a constant flow of apps into the store. No one really sits there and looks at all the stuff, for the most part. Just look at what's been approved before and then pulled within hours and what not. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! :eek:

7. CodeCritical

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks everyone! That really helps!

8. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

I once had an app rejected for having the Japanese sign "kuso" in the menu background and another for an "offensive" animation so I think you're wrong on this account...

9. CodeCritical

Sep 27, 2010
    OK, so now I need to know what an "offensive animation" is ... my mind is working overtime

10. NickFalk

Not my proudest moment, but I once had an app called "Farting Boobs"... :eek:

11. CodeCritical

Sep 27, 2010
    Heh! and they rejected it? ;)

12. NickFalk

Actually it went through eventually. First time round it had a *ahem* jiggly animation. A guy from Apple called me and said I had to change it. I then changed it to a simple inhale/exhale animation. I had another phone from Apple saying that the "boob-farting" could not be started by touching the guess-what-area. I asked if the new animation was OK and it was confirmed that it was. I changed the app so that you had to push a button but the app was rejected as Apple didn't like the inhale/exhale animation after all. After removing any animation in the chest area the app went through. 2 weeks or so later it was pulled in Apple's boob-spring-cleaning. :D

The whole thing felt a bit silly as I just made the app in the frustration of seeing boob-this and boob-that all over the charts. It was meant to be something of a joke about the state of the app-store at the time. Some got it, some was really offended, but at least I learned that Apple do look at the apps. (Or at least used to).

13. tony92875

tony92875 New Member

My first app -- which was just approved 2 days ago -- sat in "Waiting for review" for 10 days. Went to "In Review". 24 hours later was approved and in the app store 20 minutes after that. I hope updates to the app go a little quicker :D

14. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    iDos & Baby Shaker, just to name a couple, why did those go through? Hmmm...

15. NickFalk

Probably because the people looking through the apps are all individuals and anyone can have an off day. They might not look at them throughly (like Baby Shaker). Also: Apple's guidelines felt fairly improvised in the early days...

...I think.

16. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    My past 2 releases...

Waiting for Review - Around 7-9 days
    In Review - 1-4 days

So it averaged out to about 10 days until it was approved/released by Apple.

17. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    I submitted my first game on the 4th. It changed from "Waiting for Review" to "In Review" on the 8th (Monday) at 9.25, but has not changed status since.

I've spoken to a couple of developers this week and they were all "In Review" for only a few hours after spending longer than me waiting for review.

Does anyone know why my game could spend 5 days and counting in review? The possibilities I have thought of are it was submitted for 4.2 (but I have seen reports of 4.2 compatible apps being released) and uses Game Center high scores and achievements (which I thought they would give priority to, although adds more testing needs).