Wait for Rolando Price Drop?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pinac0lada, Jan 17, 2009.

?

Wait for Rolando price drop?

1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    My exact thoughts about this subject, word for word...

2. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    one of the few games, which are really worth their money.

polished, fun, great soundtrack.......i bought it without hesitation. 10 bucks are not overpriced for this one.

i guess you will see a pricedrop, when the sales are more or less "dead". and this will take a while for this game.

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    It's telling that when you see a $40 discount in Gamestop, you buy the game, but won't buy another AAA game for the same price point on the App Store. :D

Plus, why buy it anyway if you don't like platformers? :confused:

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I believe his exact words were "I don't like 'platformer' type games very much", meaning that he likes them, just not very much i.e he'd play them but not go crazy about them...

5. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
  6. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    The price will go down to 5.99 the week before Touch Pets is released in late april/early may. Touch Pets will cost 9.99.

7. pinac0lada

pinac0lada Member

Dec 21, 2008
    How do you know?:eek:
    Well, if it'll take till may, I might just as well go ahead...

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    100% Correct, Like I said the only reason I really want it, is because it does like quite polished. I'm sure I'd play it if I were to get it, but I can wait as long as it takes. Now NFS, Or Payback those could both be $14.99 and I would still get them on launch day.

9. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I don't, but I'm geussing it will be 10 dollars and back at the party he mentioned that it would be 5-6 months until it would be released or Q2 2009 and ngmoco dropped their prices a week before rolando was released.
    It wouldn't make sense for them to drop the price when word fu or topple too comes out because everybody would just buy rolando and would therefore cut in on the other game sales. Plus 5.99 is a balanced price. It's tempting enough to buy while not to be unprofitable.

10. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    I thought the prices for Dr Awesome and Dropship were sale prices when they dropped them, but the appear to be the permanent new prices.

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I'm liking Rolando less and less as i progress in the game.. it used to be cute and entertaining, but now it just feels like a chore.. that and it seems like the guys roll faster one way then they do the other...

i'd wait for some kind of price drop. If you really want it though, price wouldn't matter!

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

its because they can advertise their other games within Dr Awesome and DropShip, Im sure Rolando will drop in price in lieu of any newer 9.99 games coming out..and im sure you will see advertisements for them, in your Rolando and Dr Awesome and dropship as Well

13. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    #33 wildmatt, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah I can't believe at how much people complain about $10 games. i love Katamari is pretty amazing and comparable with the console games and it's not even $10. I paid $15+ to get Puzzle Quest on Xbox Live Arcade. Will people complain about Need for Speed being $10, or Bioshock being $10? Because if those actually come out :) I could see the price not coming down for a very, very long time.

Oh and btw I broke yesterday and got Rolando, it's pretty fun! It's one of my fav games on my iPod Touch atm along with Edge, wurdle, tapdefense, i love Katamari and I can't decide on 1 racer :).

14. Adr3naLine

Adr3naLine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Wahoo! Rolando's price dropped!! Downloading....Now. :D Not saying I wouldn't have bought it eventually, it's just that there were other games that were cheaper that could keep me occupied.

15. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    heh... You must be pissed.

16. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I can't believe it really dropped. Dreams do come true! I'll be picking this one up on Friday as well

17. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Last week broke the bank (I finally crossed the glorious $225 mark, uch) but I am very interested in buying. It's gonna be a toss up

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #38 ultimo, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    The wait is over!!!! Well almost for all of us... its only $2.99 now..

Also the description does not state that it will go back or a limited time sale or something....
    I think I'll wait, SD went down to 99 cents... right ?

Mods! wanna change the title ?