iPad VyFight ~ Looks impressive

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Feb 21, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #1 NotYou, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    [app]VyFight[/app]

$4.99
    It looks very polished. Here's the app store description:
    Pilot a spacecraft and destroy the enemy fleets while controlling from left to right and from top to bottom with the accelerometer.

Exceptional playability.

Become the best pilot of the world and obtain credit in order to buy better spacecrafts in the shop.

Publish your scores on line and compare them to the other players of the whole world.

Find tips allowing you to pass the levels more easily and to increase your scores. Judiciously choose your bonus to change your weapons, increase your scores,… and many more surprises.

- Carry out your dream… to pilot : realistic controls.
    - 6 spacecrafts to be chosen
    - The best 3D graphics for a shoot'em-up
    - Hours of flight : several levels, bosses, tunnels to travel through, several drives and races and as well two levels of difficulty.
    - An innovating acceleration lever allowing you to control your speed while flying.
    - A tactile button for shooting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The YouTube video isn't up yet, but there's one on their website.
    http://www.vy-fight.com/video.php

2. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    whoa that looks nice

3. ness_

ness_ Member

Feb 19, 2009
    ;student
    ;California
    Does look good. I might buy it.

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Impressive visuals.

5. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    Very nice, I have way to many games. Waiting for Zen, who's gonna TOFTT

6. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    any idea if its an on rail shooter or not? id probably get it if its NOT an on rails shooter

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    what does he mean a Tactile button for shooting?

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Probably that the phone vibrates when you press it.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think everyone is waiting for somebody else to try it first.:p

It really does look great, but I'm trying to hold out.

10. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    lol the description of the game, in the german app store is in french, I hope the game is not :eek:

11. defaude

Dec 8, 2008
    #11 defaude, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    Now it's down on my device so I can answer...

At the beginning you must enter your nick and choose a flag to enable the right in-game text language for you. You can choose english, german, french and some other (unimportant :p ), the german translation is quite bad, "some" mistakes, but I guess the english original should be fine.

It's NOT a rail shooter, you can move left/right & and up/down with the accelorometer (But You're not be able to make a looping, if you get to high, the game force your plane down)

Actually no possibility to calibrate the steering, it seems to be having the same "dead spot" angle as Super Monkey Ball (30 ° I think?). But it works quite fine, better than in Armaggeddon Squadron (AS with default settings) :p

The menu is a bit disappointing, looks not really professional, also all fonts in the game (menu or ingame) look very ugly and hard to read, I think they are bitmaps and no real rendered text lines.

I tried actually one "race" level, you have to collect colored boxes in the air, done this one level in 40 seconds lol, it is VERY easy the game.

Graphics are not as good as in Nanosaur 2, N2 has better textures and light effects. But I am glad I buyed VyFlight, it is a good game to replace the shi*** SciFly on your device (which I did :D ), because it looks similar, but has better maps and more level desings.

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    hey props to you for getting the game and reporting back! Now would you say there's enough potential to try to get the dev to join the forums and give them feedback? Great to know it's better than SciFly, great comparison here, thanks for the review!

13. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    SciFly isn't as great because it was written by a high school student is his spare time. What did you expect? Star Fox?

VyFight seems a little too buggy now. I think I know why everyone was so reluctant to try the game out: it seemed too good to be true.

14. defaude

Dec 8, 2008
    Absolutely! The game has potential, also room for improvement of the existing.

15. Kalhaan

Kalhaan Member

Feb 22, 2009
    #15 Kalhaan, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
    Hello,
    Sorry for translations problems, if anybody have corrections...
    We read your comments and make changes to give you a best game as quick as possible.
    Note that it's our first iphone game, and we'll update it often to add more functunnalities.

Edit : I'll push an update today

16. menom

menom Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    photography
    London, UK.
    Hi Kalhaan

Congrats on game - it looks amazing from screenshots - think a video of gameplay would help this to sell as the graphics look almost too good to be true

also you might want to contact Apple as, on the UK iTunes page - the description is all in French! (To complete the irony, the Language of the App is listed as English only!)

just about all I could work out about the game was that it is Le shoot'em up 3D and uses "Un bouton de tir tactile"

So Not For You has helped out by posting the details at start of thread - cheers for that

17. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Hi, I'd also like to see a video of the gameplay. This looks very interesting. Thanks.

18. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Looks amazing! Might pick this up, but I don't want to if it's horribly buggy. Also, the ending part of the video (where it's a side scrolling view) really reminds me of that epic game Einhander.

19. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Heres a video
    It looks very good

20. Kalhaan

Kalhaan Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Update in progress

An update (1.01) is "in review" on applestore, it'll be accessible tommorow i think ...