Universal Vulture Island (By Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    That's a good point. We'll change it for the next version!

Thanks for the feedback. :)

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It's fairly short but sweet. Felt like I did it in about 2-3 hours, but it was probably more in the region of 4+ hours - especially if you try to solve every puzzle yourself, and go to and from the same areas again and again to find something you missed. But well worth the asking price, IMO.

3. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Thanks!! I had no idea how to get the fish and wasn't sure if I had anything left in the other areas so spent hours replaying every level to see if I missed anything and speaking to everyone with just about every different item ready to use.

4. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks ! As usual for any Donut Game ! Never felt disappointed ! Just bought it right now !

5. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I think I've noticed a typo - not to spoil anything, but in the place you go after you finish the three character's areas,
    when you ask Benjamin about Stella and Paul, he says that they tried climbing the tree but BEN broke his tailbone. Pretty sure that's supposed to say that PAUL broke his tailbone.

Also, I'm stuck regarding what I need to do there, but I don't know if I want too much of a hint...

6. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    #86 Gunther4C, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Welp, apparently I can't express opinion without getting backlash. Sorry I forgot it's 2016 and everyone gets offended.

I removed my comment to not upset anybody else. I'm sure you'll se it quoted somewhere else. I wasn't rude, just upset with the game. That's 1 out of 98 comments. If people like the game great! Play it! I didn't enjoy jt

I basically said it was fun, beautiful, sounds great musically, but was EXTREMELY SHORT

People got butt hurt when I compared it to Mario. Well by golly it's only borrowed 60% of the games idea. Don't let my opinion sway you, if you like it good, I didn't.

Cheers, I never meant to upset people like good grief. The attitude backlash is funny tbh, sometimes I forget kids use this app as well lol

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Mobile gamers.

8. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #88 eksaint, Sep 22, 2016
    Personally I got a laugh out of it, was totally surprised. but I could see how it might bother some people

9. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Wow, just wow.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yep.

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  12. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    #92 KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers, Sep 22, 2016
    Right land... i have everything i think. Except the spell book??!? Where is it?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I figured out where it was.

Post-mortem to finishing the game - I think it was excellent. Was not 100% what I was expecting (as many others have alluded to here), but the puzzles and need to figure things out was both difficult, yet fair. I wholly recommend this game.

13. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    #93 smes3817, Sep 22, 2016
    Ok, for those who are actually considering listening to Gunther4C's comment (hopefully none), this game is nothing like Mario, nor is it supposed to be. This is a puzzle game through and through, NOT a platformer. You are set to explore and revisit several different locations on a map through 3 different characters, interacting with people and objects to solve puzzles, slowly progress and eventually escape the island.

Vulture Island is absolutely FANTASTIC and worth every penny at $2.99 and even $4.99. It's an extremely refreshing, new experience in a mobile environment full of the same old things. Give it a shot, it really is something special.

14. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    #94 Remote_, Sep 22, 2016
    An astonishingly wide of the mark review here.

Not comparable to Mario apart from in the simplest 'it's a platformer' kind of way.

I'm also amazed that it can be fun, beautiful and sound great but then deserves to be refunded. I mean, if you didn't actually like it then fair enough, I guess... What excuse are you going to use when you request the refund? I'm genuinely interested.

Unbelievable.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am baffled by his atitude. That's why we can't have nice things on iOS.

16. Tres333

Tres333 Member

Mar 17, 2013
    I am loving this game so far! I have one question.

Where is the
    spellbook in the right island? I seem to have most other parts on the right but can't find the book.

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The Spellbook can be found in the level of the Rockmen.

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm guessing the refund request goes something like this:

"I really liked this game on every level. Looks great, sounds great, entertaining puzzles, enjoyable platforming. However, I have now completed it and don't want to play it again. Can I get my money back?"

19. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    If he is still comparing it to Mario. I am going to go out on a limb and say all they have done is get to the end of each level rather than complete the puzzles. This is very much a puzzle game with platformer elements. Brought back my nostalgia for Dizzy.

20. KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers

KingOfPhysicsPuzzlers Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    What other games would you all recommend if someone really enjoyed this "different" puzzle platformer-style?

Traps N Gemstones
    ??
    ??
    ??

Looking for some new ones to try...

thx.