Vubu (different kind of sliding puzzle game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vurez, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vurez

Vurez Member

Jun 3, 2012
    #1 Vurez, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    I just submitted my first app. I'm not sure when it'll be released yet, but I'm shooting for the end of next week. Right now, I'm trying to get a trailer together. The game concept is fairly simple and is very addicting. The only issue is I have a difficult time conveying that in my descriptions. Hopefully the trailer will help.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vubu/107847402690446

[​IMG]

Vubu: Ancients of the Sky

Vubu could be described as a type of sliding puzzle game. The goal is to guide the Vubu to the exit portals of each level. They move in unison, so if you swipe up, all of them will move up. It gets tricky on levels with a lot of death tiles and ledges. There are also five types of Vubu: The Nomad, The Wise Man, The Blind Man, The Stone Man, and The Dragon. Each one has a unique trait that can affect how you solve the level.

[​IMG]

The game has 110 levels and most of them can be solved multiple ways. They are broken down into 3 game modes - Standard (50), Advanced (50), and Numeric (10). The game keeps track of how many moves it took you to complete each level and it will allow you to improve your score.

If you lose a Vubu, the level will restart by default. However, I've included a nice auto-undo feature that you can turn on that will undo your move if that happens. You can also undo your moves whenever you like by touching the undo button (it will not reduce your move count though). This feature is VERY useful in the later levels.

Also, I'm working on the "LITE" version right now, and I'm wondering if I should call it "Vubu LITE" or something else. It will have 10 levels that will be totally unique to it. So if you have the full version, the free version will still be worth having. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The art style looks nice. Will this be a Universal app?

3. Vurez

Vurez Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Thanks, yes it will be universal.

4. BunnyAvenger

BunnyAvenger New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    London
    The game does look quite interesting - but you're right, it is quite hard to understand the game-play fully via screenshots. I do believe that a game-play video would really help!

5. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Looks not bad.

6. Vurez

Vurez Member

Jun 3, 2012