iPad Volley

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    itunes link - $2.99

Volley

Still pushing a button, why not slide?

Volley is a fast paced multi-touch ball game where you have to slide, jump, smash and trick to win against sixteen super-skilled opponents. Beat an opponent to reach the next level. The higher the levels the harder the opponents. Accurate physics, top-notch graphics and great sounds round out the package.

Volley is excellent for a quick game anywhere and anytime. (Or just to keep your children busy ;-). But be aware, you wonÂ’t get your iPhone back! Believe us we know what we are talking about.)

Once you have played it, you'll love it.

FEATURES:
    - Slide-Control using multi-touch
    - 16 Levels with increasing opponent difficulty
    - Single Game Or Endless Game
    - Swap Controls
    - Top-notch graphics
    - Quick and easy gameplay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looks a lot like slime volley. I love the slime games on the internet. But 2.99 for that? I'm not sure.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Looks like a really polished version of Slime Volley (.99 - Link)

I loved Slime Volley cause it was so unique. I wonder if this is another dev capitalizing on that or if it's the save dev under a new moniker

4. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Different sellers, so I'm afraid not =/

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Damn, I noticed after searching just now that there are a few more versions of it too. Maybe the one I'm thinking of isn't even the first!

6. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Never heard of Slime Volley before :p

After seeing the screenshots of both, I feel like picking it up, seeing as its only 59p.

7. nikilist

nikilist New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I played both games. I'm a huge fan of the original Slime-Volley :D and I really like this new version.

You can move the player by sliding (works excellent) and it seems that the developers have put some work into a correct collision-detection. The graphic is also way better than from the SlimeVolley-game.

But for now I'm stuck in level 7. (Really challenging AI).

Niki

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks cute, but more like an impulse purchase than a premium purchase to me.

9. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I think I'll leave this on my "to buy at pricedrop" sticky note. It is the only one other than dirt moto. Currently on my "to buy when I feel rich" stick note is: Puzzlings, triazzle, star hogs, and ADD, if ADD ever comes out.

The flash games are amazing, and i was considering getting http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306922350&mt=8
    but I will wait for a pricedrop of volley for some not creepy graphics.

Here are the flash games if anyone cares: http://oneslime.net/one/classic.html

one of the hardest AIs in the world, ever more so than real racing... 8)

10. swigo8

swigo8 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Pocket God island (NYC)
    a little expensive but looks good, i think ill wait for a sale to come out:rolleyes:

11. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Everyone's waiting for a sale?! The graphics and controls are well-done, and it seems worth every penny, and no one's getting it?! Come on people, this is semi-premium quality here, shell out semi-expensive cash for it already! Time for me to go on another detailed search for my lost iPod (I've had such bad luck with these things).

12. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Well, I'm sorry that lots of small things have come out recently and I would much rather waste $3 on other things first. If I were the richest man alive, I would be playing it right now, but I am not the richest man in the world... yet.

13. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    come on guys! who is the richest man in the world? me not yet. but also you can afford the money for a game, right? don't be so ... if you like it, purchase it!

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I've been playing this, and it's well executed game. The controls are smooth and it can be a little difficult at first. You can bounce the ball as many times as you want on your end and use the walls to ricochet and angle shots. The opponents do get more difficult, but it's a good time waster. You use the slide to move your little blob guy left and right and there's an up arrow for jumping. That's all you need to know in terms of the controls. The backgrounds and opponents are unlockable, and I would recommend it.

15. nikilist

nikilist New Member

Jul 26, 2009
  16. Scythe89

Scythe89 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Hmm the game is a dollar now. I'm not sure if I should get this or not. I used to play the flash version with friends years ago, but I have a feeling that I'll play this once or twice and that's it.