iPad Volkswagen polo challenge 3d (free)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Krissss4444, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Krissss4444

Krissss4444 Member

Feb 28, 2009
    #1 Krissss4444, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    [​IMG][App Store Link, Free]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Volkswagen+Polo+Challenge/news.asp?c=11939

2. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Wow, definitely looks nice in that movie... might have to give this one a go.

If I was VW though, I would put in some other cars as well. After all, I might want to 'compare' with some other models like the Golf/Jetta/New Beetle/Phaeton.

3. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Looks like a better attempt (than Audi) to use iphod as a marketing tool. Obviously VW group has learned from their first attempt. A version for Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley would be nice! :D.

Car seems to have better driving dynamics than a lot of current games (lift off over bumps, a shame touching the curb doesn't send you flying!).

4. Fantasmo

Fantasmo Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Looks like it'll do a good job convincing people that the Polo will go around country lanes and streets at 90+ mph.

5. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    It looks great and for free it'll be awesome. The graphics actually look like some of the best in a racing game so far. Only problem that I have is that at the end of the video it says:

Get your free Version of the Volkswagen Polo Challenge 3D at the App Store in mid-March 2009.

Which seems to be implying that there will be a paid version as well.

6. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Not neccesarily. It could just be a poorly worded phrase for a free game. I hope it is a free full game. It looks pretty nice

7. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    it's not a game... it's an ad...

8. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

ha ha, so true!

9. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    With an early wide knowledge of marketing, I have always thought that such free games are SUPERB marketing techniques. The game oughta be good, because VW will surely not lose its brand image through a stupid game. Eagerly awaiting it!

10. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Could be a fun ad though. :D

11. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    So right you are! These people simply won't stop using marketing techniques against us!

12. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Visually it looks real nice but I hope it's more then just easy steering around corners, needs a little challenge or another car to race against.

They could be in the final build, who knows.

13. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I agree. i think it will be free, but don't expect tons of gameplay... No challenge mode with ducklings and grannies to hit for powerups. Think auto-acceleration and more crucially auto-decelleration in 30mph zones and points off for not signalling before turning...

14. ex86

ex86 Active Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Portland, OR
    It's out in the app store. It has 8 tracks, but you drive the same red polo in all of them. The graphics are quite nice. It handles much nicer than burning tires. So far the best ad-game I've seen in the app store. All you do is drive around and you're supposed to beat a given time.

15. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    yep its out, i just finished the first race and so far the game is pretty fun nice graphics and nice controls, they did a good job...

16. Palfince

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    #16 Palfince, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I say: Good job, Fish Labs!

18. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Looks awesome for a free game.

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    What do you mean "against you"? You have a choice; download or don't. And, god forbid, they convince you to buy a nice car!

The only "advertising" is a presskit and more info option buried in the game menu. They are as unobtrusive as can be.

20. After seeing that promo and hearing the magical word FREE.99, I had to get this. Downloading right now :cool: