iPad Volcano Planet and Lite $0.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jellybiscuitsman, Jul 3, 2009.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I got MWJYTEYMJMNE. I'll post feedback when I get a chance to play it.

Thanks.

2. MojoArcanus

MojoArcanus Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Thanks!
    I used 66T7AWFKEJ7L.

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Tried the rest of the codes, none work (already used it says in iTunes).

And yet there's only 3 views in this topic.

Strange.

Are the promo code lurkers invisible now?

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yep all gone.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
  6. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Bummed that I missed this one..... graphics look terrific and the game looks pretty interesting!

7. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Lurkers win again :/

8. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    #9 Rocketman919, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    For the dev, please dont post codes like this anymore. It is bad for everyone. I dont understand why devs do this anyway. First of all it doesnt really stir up any interest in your game. As you can see here only 2 members got codes so that is only 2 impressions, not necessarily enough to warrant a purchase. Second of all.... actually thats pretty much the only reason. I also hate lurkers but they wont go away.

I suggest that from now on you hold a contest of some sort. If you look at the past threads, you can see that promo code contests got the most views and replies, which in turn equates to more sales. Ill use the Space Ninja one as an example. The dev gave 20 codes to a member here to hold a contest, which he did. It was fun for everyone involved, plus their was an even chance for everyone to get a code (as long as they were following the thread, which means more views) and in the end i think there was about 600 or 700 replies, just for 20 or so codes. You can see how this is a much more efficient way of delivering codes. I understand that in some cases a dev may be too busy or not have enough codes, but in that case just have a member do it for you and wait until you get a good amount of codes.

Turns out it was 300 replies. But thats because it was shut down by wasted yuthe for some stupid rule.

9. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...or if you don't want a million PM's or a bunch of hassle, you could give out codes to the first X number of people that post to the forum...or as another person did...they had the promo codes listed in a .txt file that only forum members could download.

10. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    so, the hassle creates interest in your game.... its worth it to get some sales.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4046&highlight=space+ninja

11. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...would love to hear gameplay impressions from those who got promo codes...this game looks very cool

12. Hi.

Thanks for the feedback!

I poked around a little and saw other devs were doing it, but I wasn't sure so I only posted 5... I have more to give away. I'll read through the rest of the thread and see about the best way to distribute them, expect a post shortly.

I'm also working on a crippled computer (only VGA res), and have intermittent internet access until next week so didn't want do PM's. Sounds like somebody holding 20 codes for me would be the best way...

cheers,
    grant

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I will hold your codes! >=D

14. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i suggest putting them in a txt file and putting that in your post...lol, that way no pm's

15. beardiegrrrl

beardiegrrrl Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Id love one, and promise to post a review if I can get one!!!!

I think it's wrong to grab a code and then not do anything for the dev in return!

Sandi

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    You have a beard? :eek:

17. Sounds like a plan. Attached is a text file with 18 codes, if you use one please give a review.

DevilishlyGood and Rocketman919 - PM me and I have a code each for you, for the effort in getting my promo code giveaway sorted out :) I'm on intermittently, so maybe try one from the .txt file first and I'll post the 2 if they end up left-over.

cheers,
    grant

Attached Files:

18. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #19 Kevd, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    Wow, thanks so much. That was very generous and a great way to disperse codes. I look forward to trying our Volcano Planet. I'll be sure to review on iTunes.

I used code LE4HP4E9TNEY.

Just noticed in your sig that you are the Squashem dev, too. The game looks pretty interesting. What exactly is being added in the upcoming update? The iTunes description was a little broad.

19. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Thanks, It is definitely a good idea to use a txt file. and it is nice to see that you you decided to reward the people who gave you the idea. I got XEE73RLX6XMM. I will review!