Universal Void Tyrant (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 27, 2019.

1. TheRealist82

TheRealist82 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Hi!
    In the AppStore description the game is listed as multi language, but I am not able to find the language selector.
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the default language?
    Thank you

I also hoped that there would be an attitude for the language. is the error in the appstore description? is there only english language?

dlt0rre likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I am finding the game quite irritating sometimes it does feel unfair like that computer boss that gets 11-12 roll cards all of the time.

Still overall enjoying it and looking forward to playing more but sometimes it does feel biased and not just like chance.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    After that post I just made it to the final boss...how many forms does he have? I made it to the third form.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's the last one. Almost there! It did annoy me but I guess it was pretty cool like old school rpg bosses.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah I made it to the 3rd form and died. I was so sad. Thought I had a great run going! Haha still fresh and fun enough to keep going. Got the quest to get my knight to level 3 going so I’m working on that. Should help the permabonuses

ste86uk likes this.
  6. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    My record is 46 steps.
    Died to a guy I think may be the final boss, not sure. (The guy who you defeat once and have to fight a second time).
    Having a lot of fun but if that is the final boss pretty disappointing the game is so short. Hopefully it does well and we get a lot more content.

I'm assuming the other classes unlock after you beat the final boss?
    Are they any better than warrior or same with a different weapon focus?

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Haven’t beaten with the warrior yet but there are two other classes. I would certainly think the skills and weapons would be different so that should add to replay ability.

8. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I don’t know what the final boss look like, but this one is final boss for me, it’s alway roll high from 9-12 and have card that add armor every win, it’s also spam dmg dealer card every now and then, this is rediculous.

Attached Files:

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Glad I’m getting closer then, although no sign still of unlocking another class? I guess it’ll just turn up in missions eventually?

10. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I got to the final boss on like my third run ever through sheer luck.

I got this crazy axe upgrade that made me insanely strong. Lost to the third form of the boss though (requires elemental weakness). It’s one of those bs bosses that you’ll always lose to unless you know what to expect. In this case, you need the consumables from the previous enemies to change your type damage.

ste86uk likes this.
  11. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    E8EE7524-97B3-495D-9FA2-F8D5073FA505.png Fairly long run, a couple dozen steps after final boss. I could have gone longer, but started to become a bit boring as mob difficulty didn’t seem to scale with my level. Finally Killed by my own damage reflected back at me from mob ability I didn’t realize was active because I wasn’t paying attention. BTW, if you choose to end the run after final boss, sarcophagus doesn’t seem to proc and you can’t pass on items/perk to next recruit; I may be wrong but only seems to work on death.

TheProxy and ste86uk like this.
  12. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I’m all in for paying these guys for this awesome game. I paid the $5 & now there is .99 to have a free warp. Does this just skip a level? Not sure what I think of a run that I skipped part of getting there. Anybody purchase this? Thoughts?

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh pretty sure the warp is just skipping the first world which I don’t want to do anyway I’d rather play it myself and complete missions.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Really cool concept but too short and the endless part is too easy. I am having the same issue that ruined Dungeon Raid for me years ago, I’m basically stuck in what seems like an endless game. I don’t want my endless games to literary never end. I want the difficulty to ramp up until I eventually die. I’ve been playing for hours since I beat the final boss for the first time, and it seems to be getting easier as I get further. I’ve got great equipment and an ever growing deck of killer consumables (emergency kits, auto crits, etc.) that I’m not even using. I can’t bring myself to end it prematurely either. After all, once you’ve beaten the story, chasing your longest run seems like the whole point. Needs some tweaking for sure. And I’m not counting cards either, that would exacerbate the whole situation.

TheProxy likes this.
  15. TheProxy

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    #75 TheProxy, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Compared to NotFM or Pirates, I find this game to be a bit too easy. I just beat the final boss on my fourth run without ever completing a mission. Lost after 62 distance travelled. I think there are some balance issues:

1. The mystery pack spirit is too powerful. If you open up three packs before a run it's possible to have two consumables that fully restore your health. With the revive spirit that means essentially three full heals before you lose.

2. Discarding is overpowered in this game. The fact that you can discard an additional card for only a few energy more means it's pretty easy to cycle through your deck. If you get a perk that adds modifier cards, you can use cards to win 90% of the time. I actually found it better to not complete a mission that adds unnecessary cards to the knight's deck because i find it's better to keep the deck thin. The problem with this is it might run me into trouble if im trying to unlock a class that requires me to defeat a certain mission. But, the low discard cost and the fact that you can decline cards you don't want on runs makes the game a bit too simple.

I would suggest that discarding doesn't reset in cost every turn or that it costs more.

I'm already sort of tired of the game, even though I know the final boss gets stronger every time you complete it.

Edit: totally agree with the criticism that endless mode is too boring and that the enemies that permanently infest your deck are annoying. I also dont like the final boss stage 3. The elemental stuff is not hard to beat, just slow and annoying and basically discourages deck customization.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    So after you beat the game the first time are there not additional classes unlocked?

17. TheProxy

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    No you have to beat certain missions. It can put you in an awkward situation where you’ve beaten the game several times but only have one class!

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    That’s kind of dumb. Would make more sense to open each up after beating it with the last one.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Tried what should have been a 35 strike combo and only 22 hits registered, then the game froze up like this.

[​IMG]

Also the XP gain seems out of whack, I’m currently gaining a level every fight or two, and gained two levels at once after a fight with an elite armor.

20. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Beat the last boss on my 4th run as well.
    This was the most fun I had with a card/rogue type game but it is too short.
    I expected at least a dozen+ worlds before taking on the final boss.
    Hopefully the game does well enough to get more worlds.

TheProxy and L.Lawliet like this.